• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, I like this Empire :D

And, I just noticed you are doing two aar's right now

I wouldn't call it an empire yet. It's merely another nation. As for AARs, I'm currently doing 3: this one, Langobards and Bengal.

Chapter 11 - Timurids Unification War against Shabankara (part 3)

(Inside the city of Sistan)

"Khan, looks like the days of the Muzaffarids are numbered."

"I hope not. Their loss would only make our other enemies stronger. Afshin should be here with the reports of our spoils from the war so far."

"Khan, I must say this war was very profitable."

"How so?"

chapter11a.png

"We've sacked 7 cities and gained 84 ducats. There should be plenty left after we reward our warriors. Not to mention the prestige you gained. At this rate, many will begin fearing your name."

"84 ducats? Khan, I must say that sacking is so much more rewarding than taxing the people. We can barely get that amount in six years. Let alone a few months."

"Jarhad, I agree sacking is profitable but we cannot always win battles. Plus, we cannot always be at war. Tax may not get us much but you should be content that it gets us through the years."

"I'm sorry, Khan. I realized that I was going against your settling policies."

"That's fine. You are young and you can make such mistakes. Afshin, I think we will be ending this war."

"Yes, Khan. Will we be sending the same terms we spoke about yesterday?"

"Yes, Afshin. I will be readying the warrior to pack for our trip back home."

Timur left the two men to meet with his warriors.

"Afshin, are we giving the Muzaffarids a chance to fight back against the Injuids?"

"Yes, we don't want the Injuids too powerful. We will have to fight them sooner or later."

"I see. I guess I'll start packing too. Unless you need me to deal with the Muzaffarids."

"No need. Any diplomat will do. After all, they don't have much bargaining power left."

chapter11b.png

chapter11c.png

you should make a signature with links to them.

I actually don't know how :p. If someone can help me, please pm me with the instructions. Thanks!

Chapter 12 - Preparing for Reconquest

The successful campaign against the Shabankara and Muzaffarids has enable the Timurids to recover two former provinces and gain new provinces. For Timur, he knew that the people of the new provinces will not accept him as their Khan. With many wars ahead of him, he knew that he couldn't afford to waste time or men on petty rebels. He decided to send a few loyal Shabankara nobles to rule the three provinces as his vassals. The plan has worked for the Kazakhs and he had no doubt the same would work for Shabankara. He immediately sent them out and hoped to receive good news quickly from them.

chapter12b.png

As he was planning his next move, Afshin entered to tell him the good news of the birth of his son. After a few questions, Timur declined to see his new son. Timur only valued those who are strong and he got the idea that his son was very incapable. The travel back to Samarkand would waste a week and he didn't have that much time to spare. After all, he had his eyes on the Kartids who haven't made any big moves yet. They, allied with Moghulistan, were busy defending against Yuan. Of course, the Kartids didn't actually send any men to the front lines. They merely did an act to fool everyone. Timur wasn't fooled. He knew that the Kartids hungered for his land just as he hungered for theirs. The question wasn't whether a conflict will take place. It was when it will take place. The Khan of Timurids had already been busy preparing supplies and men. He had planned to take the initiative and strike before the Kartids can fully react. Before he headed to sleep that day, he debated whether to see his son. After a few hours of pondering, he decided that it just wasn't worth it.

chapter12a.png

A few days later, Timur had nearly everything ready for the war. He just needed the nobles sent to Shabankara to establish their power and influence there. The war against the Kartids won't be easy and he needed all the men he can get. In the afternoon, a messenger arrived with the news that the nobles were successful and their newly recruited army was eager for battle. Timur ordered all his men to rest early as they were ready to to strike the very next morning.

chapter12c.png

some nice work
are you hopeing for a hunting accident?

Thanks! A better heir would make the game easier (less incapable ruler modifiers) while the current heir can make this AAR a lot interesting (idiots being the ruler is always fun). I'll just let the game decide.

Chapter 13 - Timurids Reconquest of Atak (and 5 Other Provinces) [part 1]

chapter13a.png

"Afshin, how does my side of the board look?"

"Incomplete. The Kartids still control six of your provinces. Only when you take it all back will your side look complete."

"You're right. Luckily, we got the Shabankara by our side this time."

"What if the Muzaffarids and Kartids form an alliance? Our reconquest won't go smoothly, will it?"

"If that happens, then yes. I highly doubt the Kartids will be willing to ally themselves with the Muzaffarids. After all, no nation would want to be pulled into the gruesome war Muzaffarids are currently in."

"In a way, the Injuids have came to our aid. Even if it is indirectly. How do you think that war will end?"

"The Injuids should be the clear winner since our war wiped out the main Muzaffarids army. I hope that the Muzaffarids can win so that the Injuids won't be a problem."

"May I ask why you aren't annexing Kartids, Khan?"

"I have two reasons. First, we don't want a prolonged war and reconquest only require half as many provinces. Second, there is a good chance some other nation would attack the Kartids as well. If that happens, we won't be able to annex all of their territory. The remnants of the Kartids nation will likely be guaranteed by many nations, including the Golden Horde. That, my friend, is a war we cannot win."

"Something else bothers me. Kazakh answered our call to war but we haven't yet heard from Shabankara. They haven't betrayed us, have they?"

chapter13b.png

"No, the diplomat we sent to Shabankara hasn't returned it. We weren't able to send word to them. Personally, I feel that we are guaranteed a victory with our army alone. Shabankara most likely won't need to reinforce us."

"You hope to let them grow strong until our next war?"

"Yes, we will have tougher wars ahead of us and their numbers might just give us an edge."

"I also received word that the Golden Horde have won a key battle in Russia. It looks like they will be expanding that way soon."

chapter13c.png

"If that's the case, then I believe that we will have an easier time here."

"How so?"

"Russia is very far from us. If the Golden Horde continue spreading that way, they will spread their men thin. However, we will want to stay on their good side to avoid ourselves being surrounded by enemies."

"I see, should I send Jarhad to improve our relations with them?"

"Not right now, he's visiting his family in Marv."

"Aren't we attacking Marv at the moment?"

"Don't worry, he'll enter once the city surrenders. He wants to check on his family."

"Speaking of family, should you go see your son? You can afford a few days away from the battlefield. We have everything under control."

"I will be unable to rest until this war is won. We'll speak of this once all of this is over."

"Yes, Khan."

Chapter 14 - Timurids Reconquest of Atak (and 5 Other Provinces) [part 2]

In the early stages of the war between the Timurids and Kartids, the neighbors of the two nations were busy with their own wars. The Injuids, sensing weakness from the Muzaffarids, have pounced on a wonderful opportunity to expand eastwards. Yet, the early exit by the Timurids took them completely by surprise. However, Khan of Injuids felt that victory was very much assured for his nation. The Muzaffarids, surprisingly, mounted a counterattack that saw them occupying some of Injuids territory. The allies of the Injuids exited the war one by one until only the Injuids remain. The two nations continued their bout until neither side got an edge over the other side. It soon became clear that the war against Muzaffarids was a failure and prolonging it wouldn't benefit either nation. The Khan of Injuids and the Malik of Muzaffarids agreed to a white peace shortly after. The Injuids Unification War against Muzaffarids ended after 2 years with many dead and both nation weakened.

chapter14a.png

East of the Timurids, the Moghulistan suffered a humiliating loss to Yuan. Completely outnumbered and without any reinforcements, the war ended quickly with Yuan taking 3 provinces and 1 colony. Yuan looked as though her emperor wished to push westwards into Persia. For Timur, the news was very disturbing as Timurids was one of the few nations that stood between Yuan and Persia. With the Golden Horde still fighting Georgia and minor Russian nations, Timur knew that a war declared by Yuan would be fought by his nation alone. In the face of such a powerful enemy, Timur doubted his vassals to be willing to fight for him.

chapter14b.png

The Muzaffarids, after the white peace with the Injuids, looked to recover from their two wars. The Chobanids had other plans and declared their own unification war. The Muzaffarids, now weakened and depleted of troops, couldn't possibly survive against this war. They knew this and so did the Chobanids. The timing for the Khan of Chobanids was perfect and the Muzaffarids looked destined to be the first nation in Persia to be wiped out. It would only be a matter of time before the Chobanids won a devastating victory. Timur had wished that he had the men to spare to fight against the Chobanids but the Kartids were proving to be a challenge. Watching at the sidelines, Timur prayed to Allah for the failure of his enemies.

chapter14c.png

During this era of war, the nation of Timurids was going through another radical stage towards being a settled nation. As the Khanate head towards a more centralized government, many people in the nation were against the changes. Leading the people were the Timurids nobles that saw their powers slowly taken away from them. There were even some cases where the Nobles refused to pay their taxes and even actively promoting revolts to force the Khan to scrap the radical policies. Timur, unfazed by the unrest, merely sent small detachments of his army to be stationed near high revolt provinces. These men were given orders to kill all those who opposes the Khan. The nobles, upon hearing the order, began to quiet down hoping to not draw attention to themselves. While much of the nation still struggled with the new policy, the step towards settling continued forward without any delay.

chapter14d.png

Chapter 15 - Timurids Reconquest of Atak (and 5 Other Provinces) [part 3]

"Khan, I heard that Jarhad's family is safe. The defenders retreated before our army even arrived?"

"Yes, my friend. The soldiers in Kartids aren't even worthy enough to be called warriors. I will make sure that the nation Kartids will be removed from history."

"That should be easy, Khan. I heard their main army was annihilated in Herat. Our pincer movement worked as you planned. Our warriors are currently busy sieging the Kartid provinces. This war should be over soon."

A messenger asked to enter.

"You may enter, warrior."

"Khan, I have received word from Jarhad that he persuaded to authorities in Marv to defect to us. The people there had longed to serve under a worthy ruler."

chapter15a.png

"Khan, is that why you sent Jarhad there? To make the people of that province defect?"

"Afshin, I merely allowed Jarhad to save his family. I guess this is his way of contributing to our war."

"With Marv under our control, we can fully annex the nation Kartids without opposition from other rulers."

"Our reputation will slightly ruined, won't it?"

"Yes, Khan. However, this is a perfect opportunity for you to remove an enemy from the board permanently."

"Let me think it over. We still have many sackings to do before the Kartids are willing to agree to our terms."

"Yes, Khan."

Several months later in Marv.

"Khan, I hope you like my gift."

"Marv? It's a good province to have. I am trying to decide on the fate of the Kartids though."

"How so, Khan?"

"Jarhad, Afshin has been trying to persuade me to annex the Kartids. While our reputation will take a hit, we could remove an enemy."

"Khan, I agree with Afshin on this one. There may not be another opportunity like this. Look at the Muzaffarids and you know that other rulers want to expand like us. I would highly recommend this decision to strengthen our nation more."

"What about the provinces with people that still don't accept me as their Khan? Won't they be a distraction?"

"Khan, do you trust the nobles in Kazakh and Shabankara?'

"I do. They have proven their loyalty."

"Then I assure you that another vassal can be made from the lands of the Kartids. A group of people, calling themselves Persians, are the majority in those territories. Yet, the Malik of Kartids have mistreated them and they have been constantly suppressed. If you can liberate them, they will be in your debt forever. I can assure you that the Persians are people true to their word. I have friends that are Persians, so I would know. If the Persians swore their loyalty to the Timurids, they will be fighting by your side every time."

"I see, how's the war going?"

chapter15b.png

"We have sacked many provinces and gained lots of ducats. Our vassals have also participated and they got a good share of the loot as well. Should we request them to turn half of their loot over?"

"No, they did their part and let them be rewarded. I prefer my vassals be happy. Don't worry about them getting too strong. There are always ways to deal with traitors."

Afshin entered with good news.

"Khan, we occupied all Kartids territory. What's your order?"

"Annexation!"

chapter15c.png

Chapter 16 - End of the Reconquest

In merely 6 years, Timur controlled all of his territories. These territories include the ones that fell into his enemies' hand through the betrayal of some of his nobles. Prior to the reconquest, Timur create a vassal called the Kazakhs. Soon after, the reconquest began with the Shabankara which saw the Muzaffarids drawn in as well. That war ended with two territories reclaimed and a new vassal, Shabankara. With his sights on the rest of his territory, Timur prepared quickly for a reconquest on the Kartids. An excellent opening pincer movement annihilated the Kartids army and soon all of Kartids was being sieged by Timur's men. The annexation of the Kartids soon followed and that saw the end of the reconquest for Timur. Following the advice of Jarhad, Timur created his third vassal, Persia. Just as Jarhad had expected, the Persians, happy to be liberated from their oppressors, joined on the side of the Khan to fight for Timurids. Decisive action saw Timurids, a small nation at the start of the campaign, growing quickly into a regional power. The close ties with the Golden Horde saw the two Khanate each expanding on their own without interfering each other. The end of the reconquest begins a new chapter for Timur. A chapter that will see the Timurids begin their expansion both east and west.

chapter16a.png

chapter16b.png

chapter16c.png

"Khan, it must feel great to start with all your pieces. That was quite a handicap when we started our first chess game."

"Afshin, our game isn't finished. It's not finished until all Muzaffarids' territory are under our control as well."

"Their pieces would look nice with the red color."

"Only a few of their pieces will be red. I plan on giving the rest to my vassals, especially the Persians."

"Can we really trust the Persians?"

"Unlike the Kazakhs and Shabankaras, we liberated the Persians. We are seen as heroes. I have heard stories of how trustworthy the Persians are. I am going to trust my gut and let them become stronger along with us."

"Khan, I worry about the future. We can trust them now but what if you die and... I mean...."

"My friend, you forget something important. Khans are determined by how well they rule by the sword. The Persians can be loyal subjects or they can face the wrath of the Khanate. As for my death, I hope it would be a long time from now."

"Khan, aren't we slowly transitioning into settling on our lands? Won't that change the ways we select our Khan, or whatever the ruler would be called?"

"You are referring to Maliks. Their ways are similar to ours. However, I know that our government will change further one day. By that time, I'll be long gone."

Jarhad enters.

"Khan, I just finished remaking the map."

chapter16d.png

I'd try for the east before the west in this case. With Delhi's massive personal unions, it might be more difficult, but northern India is probably richer than Persia proper, and the smaller province size might make it easier to hold a front without overextending.

I'd try for the east before the west in this case. With Delhi's massive personal unions, it might be more difficult, but northern India is probably richer than Persia proper, and the smaller province size might make it easier to hold a front without overextending.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm thinking of going west to make my vassals a bit stronger before I fully commit to the east. Let's just say some unexpected events have happened.

Chapter 17 - Chobanids Unification War against Muzaffarids

Becoming a regional power was only the first step for Timur. He wanted an empire to rival or even surpass the Mongol Empire. Before he had a chance to make his next move, it would seem that his ally, the Golden Horde, requested his assistance in a war. Surprisingly, the war he would take part would be exactly the one between the Chobanids and Muzaffarids. The Muzaffarids managed to pull out a miracle by allying themselves with the Golden Horde. With this new powerful ally, the war was destined to be turned around.

chapter17a.png

Timur, always true to his word, didn't hesitate when asked to join the war. In fact, he felt the war may actually benefit him. Maintaining the balance of power between the Chobanids, Muzaffarids and Injuids was one of his tougher challenges. The fact that he can stop the Chobanids from beginning too powerful was an act of Allah. He quickly got him men together and sent messengers to his vassals. Seeing that the Golden Horde also took part, he doubt this war would last too long.

chapter17b.png

Soon after the Timurids entered the war, the Chobanids Khan did a very smart thing by sending a peace treaty to the Muzaffarids. They knew that they would soon be overwhelmed and needed to take out one of their enemies. The Muzaffarids were thrilled to have the Golden Horde and Timurids by their side but they knew that help won't be arriving for months. Their nation has been torn by war and desperately needed peace. When the Chobanids sent over a peace treaty, the Muzaffarids' Malik hesitantly agreed to it. His nation just couldn't last long enough until his new allies can come to their aid. They gave up some land and released the nation, Baluchistan. The new nation, happy to be liberated, agreed to aid the Chobanids. Their location, situated near Shabankara, proved to be a terrible distraction for the Timurids. Timur was forced to deal with this minor threat before he could deal with the bigger threat.

chapter17c.png

chapter17d.png

The ruler of Baluchistan may have been too eager to join the war. Their nation has yet to begin building an army and Timur began sieging their cities with practically no resistance. Before long, Baluchistan was forced to agreed to humiliating peace treaty with the Golden Horde. As for Timur, he got enough loot for his troubles and needed to quickly get his men to the frontline. The Persians were struggling to deal with the Chobanids army and needed assistance. As Timur was ordering his men to move quickly to Persia, he wondered what the Golden Horde was doing. Shouldn't their men have already arrived at the frontlines? He begins to wonder if he has indeed picked a worthy ally or were they, like the other Khanates, unreliable and merely pretenders. Either way, he needed to aid his vassals and push back the Chobanids.

chapter17e.png

chapter17f.png

When Timur finally reached Persia, he encountered retreating Persian regiments. From the Persians, he found out that the Chobanids have successfully occupied a few Persian provinces and were continue pushing. When checking out the reports from scouts, Timur found out that the two sides, excluding the Golden Horde, was quite evenly matched. Many battles ensued and there were heavy losses for both sides. However, Timur won a decisive victory at Gurgan and the Chobanids were in a full retreat. With a strong push with the Persians, Timur's troops successfully freed the occupied cities and pushed quite deep into Chobanids territory. After a few months of fighting, Timur saw that neither side was gaining any ground. Therefore he sent a white peace which the Chobanids gladly accepted. As for Persia, they recovered another one of their lands and definitely got more out of the war than the Timurids. Timur admired the way these Persians fought and was glad he listened to Jarhad's suggestion.

chapter17gj.png

chapter17h.png

chapter17j.png

Timur remained busy even after the war. He took another step towards settling and, once again, he met plenty of opposition. Yet, no one dared challenging the Khan now that he was out of war with his army armed and ready. Timur knew that his people was halfway from being settled and he eagerly awaited the day his people is completely settled. Thinking back to his dream, he began to wonder how much he accomplished before he died. In the times of war, one never knows when one would lose his life. Timur hopes that Allah would let him live long enough to create an empire. Looking at the few Persian soldiers that decided to join his ranks, he knew that, with time, he would succeed.

chapter17i.png

Chapter 18 - The Fate of the Mongol Khanates

The once revered Mongol Empire was split into four Mongol Khanates: the Golden Horde, the Chagatai Khanate, the Ilkhanate and the Yuan Dynasty. Even though the four Mongol Khanates' power was only a fourth of the former empire, they were still feared as a dominant power in the region. Time and internal conflicts both played a part in eroding the Khanates. When Timur came to power, there were only two Khanates left: The Golden Horde and Yuan Dynasty. The question for the two remaining Khanates was whether or not they can withstand the challenges that await them. Whether or not they can still remain standing. Whether or not their time is up and new nations will take their place.

Yuan Dynasty was also known as the Khanate of the Great Khan. This was an honor that was truly worthy of that Khanate when it was at the peak of its power. The Khanate controlled rich provinces with large populations. The two aspects contributed to a strong economy and powerful armies. Those were a time of the past. Yuan Dynasty has slowly declined and minor Chinese nations have already began to form by the time Timur rose to become Khan. In merely 11 years, Yuan Dynasty went from an unstable nation to a nation struggling for its independence. Rebels rose up every month to overthrow their oppressor. Yuan Dynasty, unable to muster the troops, were under the mercy of the rebels. It is only a matter of time before the Yuan Dynasty forever disappear from the map.

chapter18a.png

The Golden Horde, unlike Yuan Dynasty, still remained strong. They have fought a few wars and came out with at worse a draw. Their name is feared by both Russian nations and middle east nations. Few dared taking the Golden Horde on in fear of total defeat. Only nations that don't border this Khanate dare to insult them. Otherwise, there is no equal. The Khan of the Golden Horde has chosen an ally well. The Timurids, a nation that was fighting for survival like many other nations in the region, has quickly grown into a regional power. A powerful ally and a powerful army has strengthen this Khanate greatly. Yet, they learned the skill of diplomacy and have began to use it wisely. The nation of Yemen looked to the Khan of the Golden Horde when their sultan died without an heir. They, like any other nation, seeks great leaders to rule over them.

chapter18b.png

Soon, Yuan will be gone. Forever wiped from the maps of Asia. One Mongol Khanate will remain. Many questions will be asked about this last Mongol Khanate. Will the Khanate be able to restore the Mongol Empire? Will this Khanate also suffer from internal conflicts? How long will this Khanate last? Time will tell us the answer. For now, the last Mongol Khanate stands strong and looks destined for great feats.

Chapter 19 - A Friendly Rivalry

"Khan, I've received news that the Chobanids and Golden Horde agreed to a white peace."

chapter19a.png

"That's good news for us. I heard you went to the mosque today, Jarhad. I never knew you were religious."

"Khan, I'm afraid I'm still not. I merely went there to help you make a claim."

"A claim? For what?"

"For Chuy, a province currently taken by Yuan Dynasty from Moghulistan. I have heard of religious wars and hoped to give you a legitimate reason to attack Yuan."

"Attack Yuan? I know they have rebel problems but they are still a Khanate. Even if they have lost their path."

"Khan, they attacked Moghulistan. They don't hesitate attacking other Khanates. Why should you?"

"Convince me that this would be worthwhile."

"The people in Chuy need protection. You can protect them and they will recognize you as their Khan. They have lost faith in the Moghulistan Khanate and is looking elsewhere. I also received report that the Golden Horde have their sight on that province too."

"I see. If I don't take it, other nations will. Fine, prepare the men and horses!"

chapter19b.png

A month later in Chuy.

"I hope we're not walking into a trap. This place seems too deserted."

"Our scouts estimate that only 500 people live here."

"Why do we want a province that only 500 people are willing to live in?"

"Khan, I apologize for not informing you earlier but this is still a colony."

"People just start settling here and they already must deal with war. That is tough. How do we deal with these people? There isn't even a city to occupy."

"We can seize this colony as our own. I'm pretty sure the people here won't object."

An old man walks towards Timur.

"May I ask if you are the Khan, Timur?"

"I am, and you are?"

"I'm the head of the little village up ahead. Are you here to provide us protection?"

"I intend to. Are there any objections?"

"We have long heard of your greatness. Please protect us and we will be in your gratitude."

"Men, set up base here. We will leave once the war is over."

chapter19c.png

Few days later.

"Jarhad, how do you know that they wouldn't object to us coming in?"

"People that live in colonies wish to have a new life. They, above all others, hope for peace and prosperity. I know people in neighboring nations have heard of your name and are willing to serve you. The people in Chuy are no exception."

"Are we going to launch an actual attack on Yuan? I doubt it would benefit us."

"Khan, we will just wait here. Yuan will agree to a white peace with their rebel problems. Of course, I feel the peace offer may come sooner than expected."

"Why?"

"The Golden Horde has began their own conquest on Yuan. Looks like the Yuan Dynasty is about to crumble."

chapter19d.png

Is the Golden Horde going to be your next Delhi from your Bengal AAR? They seem to be grabbing land as fast as you are.

The Golden Horde has been rather lucky. Here's a spoiler, they got another personal union after this.

Chapter 20 - New Threat in the East

The capture of a colony was a first for Timur. He was very eager to turn this colony into a city. Yet, his people wasn't as thrilled as him and there were only 100 people willing to migrate there. Timur paid all their expenses for them to reach there and the population of the Chuy reached 650. To protect the colony from possible Yuan assaults, Timur set up a camp with his 11 thousand men. If the Yuan Dynasty did indeed launch a counterattack, they would have to head through this colony. To play it safe, an additional 11 thousand men were ordered to arrive nearby as reinforcements. Once all the preparations were done, all that was left was to wait.

chapter20ar.png

Timur soon received news that the Muzaffarids agreed to join the Golden Horde in their fight against Yuan. He laughed as he wondered what the Golden Horde Khan was thinking. The Muzaffarids were too cozy in Persia to make any actual moves. The news also redirected Timur's attention back to Persia. The Baluchistan rulers would be foolish to think that he would allow such a pitiful nation exist in Persia. The Khan had bigger plans and wished to continue a push westward. He, with the free time he had in Chuy, decided to look over his options.

chapter20b.png

Timur soon received a Yuan diplomat sending word that Yuan Emperor agreed to a white peace. Timur decided to ask about the situation in Yuan. When the diplomat hesitated, he decided to offer a little bribe. From what the diplomat told him, things were looking bad and a new power is rising in the east. Tianwan, one of the minor Chinese nations, managed to quickly rise above all the other Chinese nations. With a integration of their neighbors, Tianwan continued to support rebels in Yuan. It was only a matter of time before Tianwan completely replaces Yuan. They, along with their allies Wu, seemed destined to rise above all other nations in the far east. Timur's gut feeling told him that his nation might just one day face the Chinese nation in a war. As of now, the Golden Horde would prove to be a great buffer between the two nations. However, the Golden Horde, like the other Mongol Khanates, will fall one day as well. As for when that day is, Timur knew that he would never live to see it.

chapter20c.png

chapter20d.png

Chapter 21 - Timurids Conquest of Baluchistan

chapter210.png

As expected, the Golden Horde has came out on top in their war against the Yuan Dynasty. With their 3 new provinces, the Golden Horde can begin their conquest of China if that is what the Khan wants. The victory also puts the Golden Horde a step closer to restoring the Mongol Empire. Meanwhile, a meeting between the Khan and his nobles began in Sarai.

"Khan, we must break our alliance with the Timurids and attack them. I hate to admit it but Timur is talented in expanding his nation. If we let them continue this expansion, they may backstab us one day and we won't stand a chance."

"I agree! The Timurids are a threat to us. Timur is nothing more than a pretender. I'd say we destroy them to preserve the honor of our people. We won't tolerate someone like Timur mocking our name. To think he believes he's a descendent of Genghis Khan is ridiculous."

"Khan, we must strike now. I heard that the Timurids are preparing another campaign. This is a perfect chance for us to wipe them out without losing too many men."

"Enough! I will not stand this. We joined together as allies to ensure the prosperity of both Khanates. Yet, all you can think of is betraying them? How do you think other nations will think of us? We cannot, and will not, do anything that goes against our honor. We mustn't make the world view us as backstabbers. Anyone else that dare to talk of this again will be executed."

"Khan, we must act now. Otherwise they would betray us."

"I know that they are growing strong. So are we. If they betray us, we will make them an example for all others. Never doubt the capabilities of the Golden Horde. We are the last remaining Mongol Khanate for a reason."

Meanwhile, Timur prepared his men for a new conquest. He knew that attacking Baluchistan would bring in many of his neighbors and he was fine with that. He had to deal with those nations sooner or later. As soon as the war was declared, everything happened as Timur had expected. The Muzzafarids, Injuids and Chobanids all joined in the war. When Timur first begun his campaign, he would fear such a coalition of enemies. Times have changed for this Khan as Timurids is no longer the same medium power nation in the region. As a growing regional power with loyal vassals, Timur knew that they could win this war.

chapter21a.png

Before the declaration of war, Timur made a daring move of introducing a new policy to his nation. With all the troops busy in the war, there would be very few left to defend against possible revolts. However, Timur has proven himself a strong leader and there wasn't any opposition to his plans now. His expansion showed that Timurids only moves forward under his guidance. The nobles that originally opposed his plans were now loyal subjects. Even with some minor instability, Timurids would still remain united and Timur can continue his conquests.

chapter21b.png

Timur knew that the Chobanids would be the toughest enemy he had to face in the war. To ensure that the war goes more smoothly, he ordered Jarhad to visit Qara Koyunlu as a diplomat. He hopes to convince the Khan of Qara Koyunlu to attack Chobanids as well. When Jarhad arrived, he was granted an audience with the Khan of Qara Koyunlu.

"It is an honor to meet you, Khan."

"What brings you here? Make it quick or I'll have to skin you alive."

"I'm here to offer a proposal."

"A proposal? How interesting? What could your puny Khanate called the Timurids offer me?"

"It's more of an invitation really. My Khan thinks it would be in the interest of both Khanates if you attack the Chobanids."

"How would that benefit me?"

"The Chobanids army is currently in Persia. If you were to attack, they would be defenseless. If they choose to rush their troops back to defend against you, we all know that the Khan of Qara Koyunlu could easily annihilate them. In return, you get more land. I'm sure that would be very alluring."

"Maybe I should send your head to the Chobanids to claim a nice reward. Or maybe you can persuade me why I shouldn't do that."

"To do so would make your neighbors think that you are a pet to the ruler of Chobanids. Your people would look down upon you. If you do take such an action, how much reward do you think you can get? A few ducats at best. I assure you that land would benefit you a lot more."

"Now I see why Timur sent you. Tell him this."

chapter21c.png

With the entry of the Qara Koyunlu and their allies, Ak Koyunlu, the Chobanids were forced to rush back to defend their own provinces. Hardly a month passed and the Ak Koyunlu, with internal problems, got a small peace deal with the Chobanids. Meanwhile, Timur conquered all of Baluchistan and requested the annexation of that nation. His troops can now be split up into two groups. One group, under Afshin, will be advancing into Muzaffarids territory while the other group, led by Timur himself, will be reinforcing Persia. As Timur was heading for Persia, Jarhad decided to take a small detour to Iraq. He heard that the Iraqi ruler was young and ambitious. He might just be able to convince the ruler to make a move on the Chobanids as well. The Iraqi ruler was kind enough to give him an audience and, after a short talk, agreed to the idea. Just like that, Chobanids now had to deal with three enemies.

chapter21d.png
chapter21e.png

As for the Timurids, the men under Afshin won a decisive win at Sistan that saw the Muzaffarids army completely annihilated. With the loss of their army and no reinforcements in sight, the Muzaffarids' ruler was soon desperate for a peace talk. Afshin immediately sent a messenger to Timur requesting a peace offer. Timur wrote up a peace offer that would see the Muzaffarids left with only a single province and immediately sent a messenger to Afshin to send to the Muzaffarids ruler. With many of their provinces occupied and unable to fight back, the ruler had no choice but to accept the very humiliating peace deal. Muzaffarids, once a power in the Persia region, has been reduced into a tiny nation struggling for its survival. With plenty of loot from sacking cities and the expansion into Muzaffarids, Timur decided to end the war with Chobanids as he had little to gain. The Chobanids army, still intact, managed to fight off the Qara Koyunlu and Iraqi and they had the advantage of being in friendly territory. An attack there would result casualties and the reward just isn't worth it. A white peace was sent and the Chobanids Khan was glad to accept it.

chapter21f.png
chapter21g.png

Chapter 22 - Rewarding Loyal Vassals

"Khan, I heard you gave some land to Persia and Shabankara."

chapter22a.png

"Yes, are you objected to such an idea?"

"I fear they will get too out of control."

"I'm not giving all of my conquered lands to them. For Persia, I'm returning to them a province they have claim on. As for the Shabankara, they really need to be stronger to be of any help to us. I know where to stop. After all, I kept two provinces myself."

"I'm still worried. I heard rumors that the Golden Horde might want to attack us. If that does happen, it would be a perfect moment for our vassals to betray us."

"I heard those rumors as well. I cannot tell whether the rumor are true or the rumors are spread by our enemies. One thing that I know for sure is that we have grown stronger. I have little doubt that the Khan of Golden Horde would see us as a threat."

A messenger enters.

"Khan, the Golden Horde asks for our assistance against Muscowy."

"Tell them I'll honor our alliance.

The messenger left.

"Afshin, send a diplomat to Muscowy tomorrow. I have a feeling that they would be happy to accept it."

"Yes, Khan."

"Find Jarhad. I heard he has a new map for us."

Jarhad enters.

"No need, Khan. I'm here in the flesh. Here's the map you want."

chapter22c.png

"Khan, will you be attacking the Injuids next? They still remain a threat to us."

"Afshin, their diplomats have been busy in creating a web of alliances. It also doesn't help that the Golden Horde is guaranteeing them. I think it's best we have a few years of peace first."

"I heard that The Mamluks are growing stronger and expanding steadily. They could become a threat if we share a border with them."

"Last time I checked your map, The Mamluks are still far away from us."

"That may be the case now. However, they will be a problem if they continue their current rate of expansion."

"I see. Keep an eye on them. I'll need to make some preparations. We are only a step from being settled into our lands."

Chapter 23 - Stronger Neighbors, Bigger Threats

chapter23a.png

Upon hearing the news of the colony Chuy becoming a city, Timur was eager to check it out. The strategic position of Chuy makes it very valuable. Should Timur ever hopes to bypass India and head straight into China, he can launch an attack from this province on Moghulistan. Timur's visit also meant that a fort would be built immediately to protect the people living there. As Timur was checking out the Timurids-Moghulistan borders on a hill, Afshin arrived with news on his neighbors.

"It's a beautiful view, isn't it? I may just lead my army through there someday. What brings you here?"

"Khan, you ordered us to keep an eye on The Mamluks. It would appear they have expanded further into Georgia. Our scouts report that their next target might be the Eretnids."

chapter23b.png

"The Malik of The Mamluks is indeed smart. He made sure he doesn't share a border with the Golden Horde. He's ridding the small nations before he decides to take on the bigger ones. The Mamluks are going to be a problem."

"Yes, Khan. It would be very problematic if we get ourselves involved in a war against The Mamluks. However, letting them expand without limits will make them a huge threat."

"How is the war between Qara Koyunlu going? I expect them to win quite easily against the Chobanids."

chapter23c.png

"The Qara Koyunlu have got more provinces. The Chobanids are now guaranteed by the Golden Horde. Let's just say that the Khan of the Golden Horde is doing everything he can to stop our expansions."

"If only if we were a bit stronger. At the moment, we can't take on the Golden Horde. Our two nations might be allies but they would turn on us the first moment they get. I should've known better to trust them. Position more men at our borders. If a war does happen, I don't want to be caught off guard."

"Yes, Khan. I think I should report this to you as well. The Golden Horde just won against Muscowy but they didn't take any land."

chapter23d.png

"I see. They have their eyes on our land. The moment we head to war, they will pounce on us. Tell the border guards to be more alert. I'm not liking this one bit."

"Should we send Jarhad as a diplomat?"

"No, it won't help. The Golden Horde could act like they are trusting allies but they have made up their mind. They are waiting for us to dishonor our alliance and rid us for good."

Chapter 24 - The Shadow Assassin

In 1375, the nation called Muscowy was thrown into chaos by one man. This man, calling himself the Shadow Assassin, murdered the king of Muscowy and all those who share the royal bloodline. The Muscowy officials were desperately trying to catch this assassin. Muscowy, having just suffered a defeat in the war against the Golden Horde, began having internal problems. Some high officials were threatening the king to give up his throne and to his heir. The nation was split in two with one party supporting the king and another party supporting the high officials. The Shadow Assassin first targeted the heir of the king. Believing that the king was going to kill all those who oppose him, the high officials began marching an army to the palace. As the two parties began fighting, the Shadow Assassin had an easy time killing other members of the Russian royal family. By the time the high officials noticed something was wrong, they found their king dead in his chambers. The king was stabbed in the heart and a star shaped symbol was carved into his back. By the time the high officials began searching for the Shadow Assassin, it was rumored that the assassin has long entered the Golden Horde territory. With the death of the king and all his heir, the king of Poland began ruling over Muscowy as well. As for the star shaped symbol, no one knew what it meant.

chapter24b.png

Only months later, the Khan of Jalayirids was murdered. Surprisingly, this incident had similarities with the assassination in Muscowy. All those related to the Khan were all killed and the same star shaped symbol was found on the back of the Khan. Not so long after, the nation of Sind suffered the same fate.

chapter24b.png

chapter24a.png

The rulers in Europe and Asia, upon hearing the news, began to increase their bodyguards. In addition, huge rewards were given to anyone that could provide a lead to the Shadow Assassin. As months passed by, the Shadow Assassin still managed to evade detection. A year has passed and no more incidents have occurred. For some, they believed that the Shadow Assassin may have died in an accident. For other, they believed that the Shadow Assassin has begun training future assassins. Regardless of the fate of this Shadow Assassin, three different nations benefited from his actions. Poland king ruled over Muscowy, Timurids Khan ruled over Jalayirids and Delhi inherited Sind. Rumors had it that the three nations had formed a secret alliance called the Shadow Alliance and plotted to split the world between the three nations. Hoping to strike first, nations have already begun forming alliances hoping to topple the Shadow Alliance.