• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Reconquista continues well.

Kaiser_Mobius said:
By the way, should I make Spain the true owner of countries like Argentina and Chile, so I can inherit their ships after I defeat them?

YES, as you probably know, both navies contain powerful ships, and Chile owns a Level 2 BB. Although I would paint over the ARA's and ARNE's of the S. American ships, replacing them with the Spanish prefix. :D

Consider me subscribed. :)

Are you going to change the flag to the Cross of Burgundy or no?

That's actually not a bad idea. But maybe a more Franco'ish style version would be better. Like possible putting that eagle logo on the ingame flag in the middle of the cross of burgundy?

The Brazilian army marches south from Paraguay into northern Argentina, supported by a Spanish flanking attack from the east.
battleofCorrientes.png

Spanish units also move further south along the Atlantic coastline of Argentina.
movingsouth.png

The Argentinian fleet emerges from port, and the combined Spanish/Brazilian fleet moves to do battle, in the largest naval battle in South American history.
battleofBlancaBay.png

The Argentinian vessels prove to be worthy opponents, and although the battle ends in an official Spanish/Brazilian victory, the Argentinians manage to destroy a Brazilian battleship, and heavily damage a Spanish light cruiser, while only losing a single light cruiser, and taking damage to several other vessels. Nevertheless, the Argentinian fleet moves out of the area, never to engage the Spanish fleet again.
pyrricnavalvictory.png

Meanwhile on land, Spanish and Brazilian troops begin to move into the Andean mountains towards Chile, brushing aside the demoralized and under supplied rabble the the Argentinian army has now become.
intothemountains.png

And closer to home, the final battle on the Iberian peninsula begins. Portugal has been ripe for annexation ever since its colonies were stripped away from it, and with the 1937 peace treaty null and void, Franco once again sends his forces across the border towards lissabon.
2ndportugalwar.png

The Spanish home army, made up entirely of veteran militia troops, easily moves into the country and battle against Portugal's own home army in the capital. Outnumbered almost 3 to 1, the outcome is never in doubt.
secondbattleoflissabon.png

With all of its territory under Spanish control, Salazar is given no alternative put to step down and submit to Spanish authority.
portuguesesurrender.png

Portugal is annexed into the Spanish empire, and the Iberian peninsula is united under one flag, the flag of Espana!
Iberiaunited.png

With the industries from Portugal and South America coming back online, Spain can now fund another research team, bringing the count to 5! Spain is now truly a world power, and grows stronger by the day.
5thtechteam.png

Last edited:
nice job uniting Hispania, that's some more useful IC spain can put to good use.

Ticking along nicely.

Nice use of your 'workers militia' to take over Portugal...but, don't you worry that the masses will rise up and depose your vaunted Caudillo?

<runs and hides...vive la republique!>
TheExecuter

*subscribed*

<runs and hides...vive la republique!>

TRAITOR!!!!!! :p

Spanish army units launch their final offensive to crush the Ascunsion pact forces once and for all. The army moves toward the major Chilean cities of Santiago and Antofagasta, brushing aside the Chilean and Argentinian armies.
tothepacific.png

Back in Europe, Czechoslovakia is annexed by Germany, and the country is split between Germany, Hungary, and the new German puppet state of Slovakia.
czechscrumble.png

The last major Chilean stronghold, Punta Arenas, comes under attack from the sea by the Spanish army. However, the Chileans actually manage to hold their positions and the Spanish army is forced to retreat.
battleofPuntaArenas.png

Also in Europe, Lithuania cedes Memel to Germany. Also note the German buildup on the polish border.
Memelceded.png

In response, the allies bring poland into their alliance. The stage is being set for a major showdown.
europeanallies.png

Italy crushes little Albania.
albaniasurrenders.png

The Spanish army and Navy decide to make another shot at Punta arenas, but this time by hitting them from the land instead of the sea.
southernlanding.png

This time the battle ends in a complete defeat for the Chilean army.
2ndbattleofPuntaArenas.png

The two remaining Ascuncion pact members have lost everything. With their cities fallen, their armies beaten, and their ships unable to turn the tide, both Argentina and Chile surrender.
argentinasurrenders.png

Chilefalls.png

Peace finally comes to South america once again. Argentina and Chile are incorporated into the Spanish empire.
southernpeace.png

The Chilean and Argentinian navies, or what was left of them, were captured intact. Both fleets and their vessels are incorporated into the Spanish navy, and are to be rechristened as Spanish vessels. Their former crews are given the offer to serve with the Spanish fleet on their old vessels, with all the benefits and pay given to regular Spanish sailors. Most of the men on these ships accept the offer, with the rest given jobs in mainland south America.
Chileanfleet.png
Argentinianfleet.png

(I made Spain the true owner of Argentina and Chile, so I could inherit their vessels. However, I deleted their armies when I inherited those, since I thought that would be too gamey.)

Spanish economic and industrial power is higher than it has ever been before. With the captured industry and resources of South America and Portugal, Spain can now ramp up its military production.
economy-1.png

This production includes 5 brand new Aircraft carriers. These powerful vessels will be completed by mid 1941, and will be the spearhead of Spain's new naval armada.
carrierconstruction.png

Spain is certainly on the rise.

Nice job! You are well on your way to world power status!

Btw, did you also inherit the Portugese navy?

Great update! :)

Wow, 5 carriers. :)

Soon you will be able to challenge the USA as the main naval power of the Americas.

Also maybe you should put the Spanish king back on the throne of Spain? Maybe the population of your empire would beleive than such a government could be more 'legitimate'....

Edit: wait, 186/107 ICs?

Just caught up to this. Great AAR!

Nice navy you've got going there, with those carriers you should be able to at the least cover your landing forces when you decide to invade the North-American peninsula and later USA.

quite a nice navy you have there, hopefully the Brits won't have a Trafalgar to crush it.

General_Grant said:
Wow, 5 carriers. :)

Soon you will be able to challenge the USA as the main naval power of the Americas.

Also maybe you should put the Spanish king back on the throne of Spain? Maybe the population of your empire would beleive than such a government could be more 'legitimate'....

Edit: wait, 186/107 ICs?

Cores - cores my friend.....they do wonders to the IC-count