• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Joining the Allies would kinda be suicide, because Japan would still declare war on them and invade you. The Comitern, however, is a very good idea, because if you are in that, Japan would face a land war in China if they would declare war on you.

Do not fall victim to one of the classic blunders: never get involved in a land war in Asia!

chefportnen: Salamat kaibigan! i am itching for war as well but i am trying to be disciplined so as to prosecute the coming invasion well, even modded the Philipines has finite resources ;)

CCA: Magandang umaga po Pare, cheers i will re-organize the missing screenies on page 1.

lifeless: yeah seems the obvious choice and its a war i can win without to much strain.

GeneralHannibal: ahhh the problem with that would be going into war with the allies as Netherlands usually joins them around spring 1940, i would not be able to cope with the Royal Navy and Australia on my own especially as getting into an alliance seems diffcult to attain.

chefportnen: i take it GeneralHannibal is referring to seizing the East Indies when mainland Netherlands falls to the third reich.

soonerborn0524: yes i concur the allies have a hard fight ahead of them especially with the IJN being so strong, so far the game has run a historical path apart from the Republican victory in the spanish civil war. About 'Land War in Asia' i agree when this is applied to China and to a lesser degree Siam at the present hence for me the logical target would seem to be the weakly defended and large Dutch colonial empire and going it alone (until Indonesia is liberated and then there will be two of us :rofl: )

Just some thoughts i have had so far, an attack on Indonesia i feel can be really sucessful if i seize Celebes and Java in good time, The whole plan rests on my troops occupying Java swiftly and decisively, seizing air/naval bases at Menado and Palembang to deny bases to the Dutch and crippling their navy with the unrestrianed power of my Naval Bomber sqn (soon to be two nav bomber wings by early november); once these objectives are achieved i plan to liberate Indonesia and then as Spring 1940 approaches i plan to try get diplomatic settlement.
Incidently i have considered the possibility of allying with Brazil? firstly because they can seize Surinam & secondly with the US guarantee on their independence any war declared on us as allies would bring in the States (or i'm i being to optimistic?), i have not checked Brazil's sliders so i am not sure at the moment wether they will agree to anything :wacko: what do you think of a Filipino-Brazil pact? Anyway i will have my next update ready on Monday so until then have a good weekend y'all.

Last edited:
A Filipino-Brazil pact sounds interesting, from as you described it. It certainly couldn't hurt!

anonymous4401 said:
A Filipino-Brazil pact sounds interesting, from as you described it. It certainly couldn't hurt!
Yeah its does intrigue me, not the best choice in terms of achieving tech however but its a case now of can i wait and be patient to build relations with Comintern to join the Communists which as a leverage on Japan would be invaluable.

AT the moment relations with the Soviets are at +5, Tannu Tuva -40 & Mongolia +60 (god bless Mongolia :) )

Alexus said:
Really interesting premise! Good luck :D

thanks, i take it you are reffering to the Brazil alliance :) , still not decided on this as Comintern would be sooo useful against the Japs however i need to get going with 'exporting' the revolution so i am not sure.

Rebolusyon! (Revolution!)
Part4 ''Mabuhay ng Rebolusyon!'' (OCT/1938 to MAR/1940)

HUKDOWdutch.jpg

The declaration of war on the 3rd November caught the Kingdom of the Netherlands offhand as the growing relationship between the Philippines and Japan looked defensive in nature and was wrongly interpreted by the Dutch foreign ministry as being focused on China; they had not expected this conflict and the positioning of their forces in the East Indies reflected this. The Filipino’s on the other hand had been planning this operation for months and within hours of the declaration of war the Filipino marines disembarked off the northern coast of Celebes, having been in place for some hours prior to the start of the conflict, and rapidly overwhelming the small Dutch local police forces therefore seizing control of the vital airfield in the locality, upon the seizure of the Menado airfield the 2nd Hukbong Himpapawid squadron with its naval bombers relocated to Celebes and immediately began attacks on the local Dutch naval forces cruising in the Flores sea, forcing them back to port in Surabaya where they were further pounded with the Dutch light cruiser ‘Java’ being sunk in the port.
HUKsinkingoftheJava.jpg

The 1st Hukbong Katihan Corps under Lt Gen Macalinao seized Surabaya causing mayhem in eastern Java. With the two Dutch divisions in Batavia moving in to face the invaders at Surabaya the PRP navy mounted its second offensive in Batavia with the 5th & 6th Hukbong Katihan Corps mounting a surprise amphibious assault on Batavia seizing the great city outright.
HUKlandingsatbatavia.jpg

The Dutch forces in central Java outflanked and cut off from their supply depots in Batavia crumpled rapidly with 8000 or so Dutch troops laying down their arms and surrendering at Semarang.The naval and air bases in Sumatra also were captured with the Marines seizing them unopposed while the navy prevented the Dutch forces on Bangka island on moving into Sumatra.
HUKAssaultonDjorkarta.jpg

The final Dutch division now facing 4 Filipino divisions withdrew to hold out in Malang, E. Java but with dwindling supplies they too eventually surrendered when the Filipino’s under the overall command of General Capinpin mounted the last offensive in Java.
HUKfinalbattleinjava.jpg

With Java secured and all bases now occupied the Dutch forces remained isolated on Bali, Irian Jaya and Bangka island and its was the latter with its immense metal resources that became the object of the next offensive with the Marines backed by infantry attempting an assault, however despite a courageous effort the Filipino’s were repulsed on the 28th December.
HUKDefeatatBangkaisland.jpg

The actions of the Filipino’s had not gone unnoticed in Europe as Great Britain and to a lesser degree France began to protest at what they saw as the naked aggression being committed on the Netherlands, as a result the Filipino government began to actively court Japan in light of a potential British attack; meanwhile Filipino forces continued to prosecute the war opening up fronts in Borneo and securing southern Celebes. However within a month Filipino fears were confirmed as Great Britain declared war
HUKWTF.jpg

However the tensions in Europe between the Allies and Germany led to Hitler declaring his support for the fighting Filipino’s and to this effect Germany joined the Philippines and declared war on the Allies.
HUKWTF2.jpg

What had begun as ‘’The East Indies war’’ as coined by the british and French press now escalated into what future generations would call World War 2. While many of the Communists felt reservations about joining into a formal alliance with Nazi Germany many felt that to continue fighting alone would be unwise now that the mightiest of colonial powers was now marching against them. This state of affairs led to notable developments within the political framework of the Peoples Republic with German pressure leading to the release of the imprisoned right wing leaders like Felix Pestana, Ramon Magsaysay and Basilio J. Valdez, in addition german pressure led to the appointment of the openly right wing General Quezon to command of the recently formed 10th Infantry division much to the chagrin of left wing commanders like Luis Taruc and Frederico Macalinao. The aging Crisanto Evagelino defended the decision to join Nazi Germany as ‘’necessary’’ in light of Soviet unwillingness to aid the Peoples Republic from the agression of the colonial empires of Britain and France.
Meanwhile in Washington DC, the US government was aghast at Britain’s decision seeing the Philippines as technically within US sphere of influence (even if infact US power in the islands had collapsed in 1931) and Roosevelt began to consider declaring a guarantee of Filipino independence; the US press further exacerbated the sithuation with its denouncement of Imperial rule throughout the colonial world.

OOC: phew that’s what I love about Paradox games; you never quite know what will happen next sometimes!! And for some reason as Germany joined me in the war i found myself automatically in the axis go figure a Leninist Philippines joining hands with Nazi Germany and Slovakia!!, with Axis allies who despise me!!
How funny that in this AAR the Philipines and Poland are jointly the sparks that ignites the flames of a world war globally .
I suppose I need to aim now to occupy and liberate Malaysia, Sarawak and Indochina if possible as puppets equal ground troops and boy am I going to need them
I need to hold out against the allies as long as possible and hope to god that Japans entry into the war against the allies is going to be soon.

I am contemplating modding in a guarantee of Filipino independence by the USA in line with my RP, would this have an effect on US policy in regards to my war? Or does it have to be in effect prior to a DOW to have any effect?

Last edited:
no idea regarding the effect of GoI would have now, but as you say this situation is the wonderful thing about Paradox games. Strange bedfellows indeed, but at least you have far enough away to stay somewhat unentangled from Nazi plans.

yes for now, strange thing is i had been working away getting relations with Japan to a respectable level and then this happens!, it was my attention to await the inevitable war with the allies and promptly join Japan so as to bring in the IJN to kick the RN backside, now i find myself allied to the most fearsome army in the world and they are on the other side of the world :p

The problem is how Germany will help you in the Pacific. :wacko:

I think it might actually have hurt you to have Germany ally you, also, what will you do when Barbarossa starts.

Earth's Savior: yeah that may be an issue.

GeneralHannibal: well that means any plans for an alliance with Stalin are well and truly dead.

lifeless: damn straight

soonerborn0524: yes this is what i am hoping for, with the dutch finally out of the way i can concentrate on facing the RN and the Aussie's.

chefportnen: thats the plan :)

My battle plan consists of securing Singapore, Kuching, Hong Kong, Saigon and Hanoi simply to seize the bases, i will also liberate Indonesia so they can get started on building up an army to defend Java while i will try to liberate Malaysia, Cambodia and Sarawak and concentrate on defending the bases at Oosthaven and attacking Aussie troops in New Guinea.

Am not sure how feasible this will all be so the next update may be interesting. I will try get some gametime tonight and post Part 5 tomorrow.

Rebolusyon! (Revolution!) Part 5 ''Reap what you sow'' Jan - March 1940

The effects of allied intervention into the ‘East Indies war’ were immediate with ANZAC forces dispatched with haste towards Singapore, The Naval Bombers of the 2nd Hukbong Himpapwid squadron began a campaign of engagement in the waters within the vicinity of Java while them PRP Marines corps mounted landings in British Malaya.
HUKNAVALINTER.jpg

After some 3months or so of Filipino occupation the Peoples Republic of Indonesia headed by Kawan Musso was established on the 7th February amid much fanfare;
HUKBirthofIndo.jpg

Optimism among the military chiefs was dented as British Troops reinforced the Singapore garrison, whose timely arrival foiled the Filipino advance on the city, in an attempt to raise support among the Malays the Peoples Republic of Malaysia, was established on 14th February. However the landing of ANZAC troops at Alor Star signalled the beginning of the end for the short-lived Malay state.
HUKDefatAlorStar.jpg

The British mounted an assault on Batavia held only by 1st Marine division, the redeployment of the ?th Hukbong Katihan Corp saw off the attempted landings.
HUKAssaultonBatavia.jpg

The rapid reaction of the allies forced a change in strategy in the High Command who saw the Malaya theatre of operations as potentially disastrous and requested a pull out from the peninsular, the opposition of the Communist government, and in particular Crisanto Evangelista, who rejected the proposal out of hand were later compelled to accept when threatened with mutiny by the officers, it was to be the first victory for an increasingly independent and Non Communist Military faction in government. Amid this atmosphere the German intelligence service, the Abwehr, began to strengthen its influence in the country working in concert with the growing number of Officers dissatisfied with the Communist government, and actively backing known Rightist officers like Pastellana, De Jesus and Quezon.

The Arrival of the Royal Navy’s reserve fleet served to confirm the wisdom of the pull out from Malaya with troops redeployed to Java and Borneo.
HUKRN.jpg

The overstreched Filipino forces suffered from supply problems with the tiny merchant navy overtaxed in its attempts to maintain convoys on all routes, and with the Military focused on redeployment the Dutch seizure of Menado further shocked the Filipino’s, but more shocking was the British landing at Mindoro amid the Home Islands, this led to a further reduction of troops in the southern seas with the Filipino presence in Sumatra withdrawn back to Luzon abandoning Palembang and Oostahaven to the Allies, the final death of Malaysia also occurred with British forces seizing control of Kuala Lumpur. Anzac troops also made successful landings at Kuching seizing control of the vital airfields.
fallofmindoro.jpg

The British followed up with an amphibious assault on Clark Field which was repulsed, however the Filipino’s were no longer in any doubt of the fight they faced, the jubiliation of October 1939 was gone, to be replaced by doubt and dissention.
HukStatusFilipinas.jpg

OOC: oh boy am I screwed haha :rofl: the liberation of Malaya was a mistake, it really was not worth the dissent considering the allies muscular deployment to halt my advance there!! I really did not want to sacrifice my small army in Malaya sandwiched between the Brits and Anzac’s, no thanks. My original plan was far to optimistic and simply beyond my armed forces capabilities hence the revaluation. So in summary I have made a strategic decision to defend the defendable and withdraw from everywhere else! I will concentrate on

Java – where the Indonesians have two infantry divisions due to come into being by May 1940. I have in place currently 3 divisions so defending the island is possible in my opinion.

Borneo – I have four divisions in place and can make the fight hard for the Anzac division at Kuching and the Dutch at Bandjermasin. The only problem is supply the RN is strangling my supply chain to Borneo and I will have to be careful with this Front.

Filipinas – Well Luzon is the priority, but I am going to make sure its damn hard for the Brits to seize anything else, luckily for me Mindoro is of little strategic value.

Doctrine wise I am halfway to attaining Trench Warfare which should make my troops hold their ground a little better, meanwhile in Europe short of bombing campaigns against each other their has been no troop actions, just a lot of posturing between large stacks! Meanwhile I am still praying Japan to enter the war so the RN will be removed as a threat. I got to ambitious and have received a healthy does of reality by the Royal Navy and the blasted Anzacs, my aim is to make them pay for every advance!! :D

Last edited:
therev said:
Whatever happens, the philipino machismo will face it head on!

Nothing like biting off more than you chew! :)

QFT on both points :cool: