• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ouch on the South Asian front!! However, hopefully that should make the REAL front in European Russia easier.

The Mongol empire was just a joke relating how the Mongol empire and some of the predecessors of the Ottoman empire didn't quite get along (to the tune of burning cities to the ground, etc.). and since Mongolia is a part of the Comintern..... Ok, it wasn't that funny :)

I think the province thing only applies if you make peace, so as long as you are not allied with the Germans, you should be in good shape. Any thoughts to how you're going to deal with all those partisans? Maybe you should mod in an Ottoman BP event?

By all means, wait to take your mesopotamian provinces back. At least until you've dealt with other threats to the faith and empire!!!

Good luck and keep the updates coming.

ecnan02 said:
Any thoughts to how you're going to deal with all those partisans? Maybe you should mod in an Ottoman BP event?

SU partisans will certainly be a problem when I eventually take the rest of SU so I just plan to build plenty of MP garrisons and build more tanks than put less strain on manpower. I will not create an event, will fight out the hard way!
I'm cursing Mongols now but this is one of the nation on my future playlist as I certainly want to relive the greatest empire ever created in history. But starting IC of 5 is a problem though :) I'll leeching on to SU for support!

Yeah, to faith and empire! I'm already itching to start my next game on "Greater Tibet" where the Defender of the Way of the Tibetan Buddha rises... but first I got to let the elder Caliphs of the Islamic Ottoman realize their empire first :D

A technique to helping with the SU is to release all the Asian SU puppets. The trans-ural republic, Siberia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, and Tajikistan, when properly released, will annihilate the SU as a proper force. Also, it saves you the problem of garrisoning all those empty miles of steppe, while at the same time keeping those areas friendly. I just did this in my Germany game, and the rump SU after BP now has a base IC of something around 5.

Losing all that land is actually a good thing. It will probably overload SU's TC.

Will only release SU puppets if the province is not IC-rich, otherwise I rather keep it I'm greedy. Empire earned are not to be given away :)

Got an interesting naval battle in the BlackSea. Was trying to engage the SU Black Sea fleet so I could at least hop troops by my transports to the SU side of the Sea. My Great War BC actually sank one SU BB and CA! They were targeting my transports initially so my BC took potshots at them. Didn't even lose my transports as I withdrew them (they were under a different admiral group) when the hitpoints are low. I withdraw after taking the two ships. Imagine "Losing" without losing anything whereas your opponent who "wins" lost two capital ships!

Updates on progress of Ottoman vs SU.

Encirclement in the Caucas region on Sept’41 that bagged the Ottoman forces about 50 SU divisions. Two Armored Sipahi Corps dashed to Grozny to complete the encirclement.

13caucusho8.jpg

I thought surrounded pockets >3 provinces will not see “no supply” penalty but fortunately for me, the pocketed SU divisions did suffer from it. These monster stacks of ~10division/province in the Caucasian mountains slowly withered away into the winter. ;)

SU at this time is marching over the wastelands of my annexed Sinkiang/Afghan/Iran. Let them... while I take what really matters :D

By June of ’42, Caucas region is secured and Stalin’s hordes are pushed out from Iran and Afghan. Begin selective invasion of high IC provinces in the southern SU belt.
At the main front in the Eurasian theater, Hitler has taken Moscow and advances forward enough to protect my north flank. I took some high resource province like Kursk for myself that has obscene amount of energy production.
Avoided taking worthless SU provinces as much as possible that only offer only partisan activity. That I leave them to Germans. :D

Green arrows are Ottoman's counter-attacks or advances.
14empire5yb0.jpg

Also the Ottomans Army has slowly grew in strength but could barely build any new divisions due to lack of manpower that is needed to replenish combat losses. Anyway below is the Army strength and group formations arrangement. This 116 divisions fight SU's 400+ divisions (with indirect German's help of course which I am not ally with).

15compositionoq2.jpg

With low manpower, I focus on tanks only from now on as I probably need them more to cover large tract of Siberian Victory points.
Anyone out there can advise what is the fastest way of finishing off the SU? I felt that I'll be bounded by German progress to Sverlorsk BP trigger. If I take those teritory myself, my TC will tank with even more MP losses from more frontal battles!!
Another question is, earlier I saw Vladistok (another BP trigger city) was already taken by German. I really do not know how that could happen as Japan DID NOT join the Axis. How German did it?? Too far for transport. Mod used is DAIM latest version. Anyway, SU has regained back that city.

Another encirclement of Stalin’s hordes west of Stalingrad on July’42. Did not intend to take Stalingrad but since finding only one Mountain unit defending it and the prestige involved, the Caliphs decided to storm it.
As the German are squeezing SU from the north, the Elder Generals quickly breakout north of Stalingrad cutting off about another 50 SU divisions. Reminiscent of the previous encirclement at Caucus region but this time the Caliphs let Hitler do the mopping up job as not to burden the TC with worthless SU provinces.

16stalingradpc8.jpg

Thank Von Mergen, I'm sure have lots of Ottoman blood in you :)

Going on...
Yet another encirclement of Stalin’s hordes south-east of Stalingrad in Nov’42. This time I hold the frontline south of Stalingrad keeping the SU busy as German armor pushed thru open plains till the north of the Caspian Sea cutting off a chunk of 20+ SU divisions.
When German completed the enclosure, about ~10 SU division immediately started engaging the German spearhead. To assist, Ottoman Army east of Caspian Sea did a flanking attack on SU to force their withdrawal to ensure the Panzers hold their captured ground. Again, Ottoman left it to German to capture the pocket to avoid strain on TC.

17stalingrad2xn5.jpg

What do you do when the SU hordes camp threateningly at a mountain province? Get Mountain units to outpace ‘em and have them encircled! And Uncle Joe lost another 50000 men in the unforgiving mountains of eastern Afghan. But they never learn as they still attack Afghan in 1980 :)
As of end of ’42, Soviet army size is something like 160+divisions. Either my intel is screwed or SU has lose 2/3 of their original army size of 450+ divisions. The Ottoman Army has destroyed ~200 SU divisions from encirclements manouvers and out-running routed army with tanks. The rest must have been taken care by German.

18nomercycc7.jpg

Rushing my Ottoman forces on northward and eastward. Hmm.. maybe I can wrap up SU by end of '43.

In the east, pix below show the liberating of the Tibet enclave in Q1 of 1943, cutting off another SU 15divisions. Finish off another 15 divisions in two separate mini encirclements.
19tibetrecaptureeb3.jpg

On Ottoman northern flank, bagged a large pile of SU units in Transural in May’43. Encirclement completed on May 16th.
However, German triggered BP on May 23rd!! And the enclave opened up when German ceded their captured territory back to SU!! I just realized that it is either Sverlosk (spelling??) or Vladistok VP that will trigger BP, not both. Intel says SU at this point have 91 infantry + 8armor divisions, IC 90/60.
Rush my armor units to close the opened gap and have to capture the whole swath of partisan rich territory to eliminate the recovering SU divisions. :(
20transuralhd0.jpg

By 5th Sept, the SU forces are crippled down to ~40 infantry divisions.
IC and VP rich Sverlosk region captured. Deep Siberia IC rich region all captured.
SU puppets of Mongolia and Tannu Tuva has been annexed and Ottoman Armored Sipahi are making a dash to Pacific coast! Yippee!! The Russian bear is falling...
21suar6.jpg

Got to rush before the onset of winter...

You have to release Tibet of course. You don't want your map to look all freaky.

Monkii-sama said:
You have to release Tibet of course. You don't want your map to look all freaky.

Release Tibet?? It's aint freaky, it makes the empire complete. Lhasa has it own permanent garrison and one more at Hotan to the north. And a Caliph will probably be sitting on the Potama Palace throne not Dalai Lama:)
Touching on Tibet, that is my next scenario. Time to show the world the TibetI'll be starting a thread on this very2 soon as I just wrap up the Ottoman campaign.

Back to the story of the Elder Caplihs...
The last VP province of Vladivostok on captured on Nov 22nd,1943 and SU is annexed. With that, the Ottoman campaign came to an end. The glorious empire is far greater than the last, now stretching from Mediterranean to the Pacific with territories in North Africa and Arabia.
Military strength at campaign end stands at 151 divisions which includes 90 infantries, 24 armor, 6 mountaineers, 3 HQs, the original 3 cavalries and 25 garrisons. IC now at 189/211 (from game starting point of 16/20) and TC at 461/370, poor but manageable! This growing force outfox SU infantry division strength of almost 500 on DAIM mod which supposedly gives AI a smarter production builds on HARD difficulty level.
The Axis and Allies are still beating each other up into a stalemate. Ottoman is taking a time off from all these butchering. Empire built, ambition full-filled, the Caliphs are basking in glory. Game-end. Thx for viewing this far. ;)
22finalempirerq1.jpg

Last edited:
Where will you go next? I'd suggest China/japan, as the US has started its landings there, and then turning and taking India and africa from the allies, before, lastly, taking the Axis.

Oh... I hate island hopping. Did that twice already on Soviet and German world domination games, and I never want to do it again. The Caliphs ain't the evil type world dominator, haha! I took on SU because of the Ottoman cores in the Caucasus region.
I'm ending the game here, playing my Tibet game (on my sig).

Just have my Ottoman AAR moved here from the general section. To share the Caliphs great conquest to become the new master of Eurasia.

Leaders won't load

So I took the event from the 2nd page (the one with fixed event) and everything ran fine.

The only issue I have is that all the OTT leaders did not load when I switch over to the Ottoman Empire. I have NO land/sea/air leaders...

The only thing I did extra aside from copy and pasting the OTT events into HOI2 txt (they work) is:

- went into ottoman.csv file
- copied and pasted all leaders from the turkey and arabfederation leader files into ottoman leader file
- sorted from A-Z
- deleted all leader entries that were duplicates (had same picture and name)
- went through and changed all country IDs to OTT (all Turkey and Arab Fed leaders' country IDs were subsequently changed to "OTT")

I ended up with 224 possible leaders.

Does anyone know what else I need to do to fix this issue? Thanks.

So I took the event from the 2nd page (the one with fixed event) and everything ran fine.

The only issue I have is that all the OTT leaders did not load when I switch over to the Ottoman Empire. I have NO land/sea/air leaders...

The only thing I did extra aside from copy and pasting the OTT events into HOI2 txt (they work) is:

- went into ottoman.csv file
- copied and pasted all leaders from the turkey and arabfederation leader files into ottoman leader file
- sorted from A-Z
- deleted all leader entries that were duplicates (had same picture and name)
- went through and changed all country IDs to OTT (all Turkey and Arab Fed leaders' country IDs were subsequently changed to "OTT")

I ended up with 224 possible leaders.

Does anyone know what else I need to do to fix this issue? Thanks.

See posting below from the same 2nd page:-

A few comments about this:

2) OTT does not really have enough leaders so I highly recommend copying the TUR leader file and adding it to the bottom of the OTT list. Don't forget to fix the leader IDs :)

P.S. Immediately after the OTT event you should save and reload as them.

I believe you may need to change the leader ID in sequence following what Ottoman existing leaders were using, i.e. follow through. Try adding just one leader first to test out. Hope this helps.

Still no result.

I actually just diverted back to the original OTT leader file and still no luck.

Here is the event as it appears in my HOI2.txt file:

############################################
##### Ottoman Empire Reforms
############################################
event = {
id = 124562
random = no
country = TUR

trigger = {
exists = TUR
}

name = "The Ottoman Empire Rises Again"
desc = "After 700 years of existence, the Ottoman Empire was disolved by the victorious Allies after the end of the Great War. However, spurred on by events in Europe, and with a war between Germany and the Allies seemingly inevitable, Turkey sought to reclaim the lands that had been taken from them over centuries of imperialism and revolt. The vote is split, and Turkey must decide to announce itelf the Ottoman Empire and place claims on it old land, or be content with it current holding as Turkey."
style = 0
picture = "anchsluss"
date = { day = 05 month = january year = 1936 }
offset = 1

action_a = {
ai_chance = 0
name = "We shall reclaim the lands of the Empire!"
command = { type = country which = OTT }
command = { type = belligerence which = OTT value = 40 }

command = { type = domestic which = interventionism value = 6 }
command = { type = domestic which = defense_lobby value = 3 }
command = { type = domestic which = democratic value = -4 }

command = { type = addcore which = 444 }
command = { type = addcore which = 410 }
command = { type = addcore which = 411 }
command = { type = addcore which = 412 }
command = { type = addcore which = 392 }
command = { type = addcore which = 402 }
command = { type = addcore which = 403 }
command = { type = addcore which = 401 }
command = { type = addcore which = 393 }
command = { type = addcore which = 394 }
command = { type = addcore which = 395 }
command = { type = addcore which = 400 }
command = { type = addcore which = 405 }
command = { type = addcore which = 496 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1864 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1860 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1791 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1806 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1866 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1790 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1824 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1823 }
command = { type = addcore which = 396 }
command = { type = addcore which = 399 }
command = { type = addcore which = 398 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1822 }
command = { type = addcore which = 390 }
command = { type = addcore which = 391 }
command = { type = addcore which = 413 }
command = { type = addcore which = 414 }
command = { type = addcore which = 415 }
command = { type = addcore which = 418 }
command = { type = addcore which = 419 }
command = { type = addcore which = 417 }
command = { type = addcore which = 416 }
command = { type = addcore which = 421 }
command = { type = addcore which = 420 }
command = { type = addcore which = 422 }
command = { type = addcore which = 389 }
command = { type = addcore which = 451 }
command = { type = addcore which = 453 }
command = { type = addcore which = 494 }
command = { type = addcore which = 452 }
command = { type = addcore which = 387 }
command = { type = addcore which = 388 }
command = { type = addcore which = 493 }
command = { type = addcore which = 454 }
command = { type = addcore which = 386 }
command = { type = addcore which = 385 }
command = { type = addcore which = 384 }
command = { type = addcore which = 455 }
command = { type = addcore which = 383 }
command = { type = addcore which = 381 }
command = { type = addcore which = 382 }
command = { type = addcore which = 459 }
command = { type = addcore which = 380 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1865 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1862 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1861 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1863 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1792 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1793 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1794 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1795 }
command = { type = addcore which = 407 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1796 }
command = { type = addcore which = 404 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1803 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1802 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1797 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1798 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1802 }
command = { type = addcore which = 406 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1799 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1800 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1801 }
command = { type = addcore which = 900 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1804 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1808 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1809 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1812 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1821 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1859 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1787 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1788 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1789 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1826 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1825 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1498 }
command = { type = addcore which = 901 }
command = { type = addcore which = 902 }
command = { type = addcore which = 423 }
command = { type = addcore which = 424 }
command = { type = addcore which = 431 }
command = { type = addcore which = 425 }
command = { type = addcore which = 426 }
command = { type = addcore which = 495 }
command = { type = addcore which = 427 }
command = { type = addcore which = 430 }
command = { type = addcore which = 432 }
command = { type = addcore which = 435 }
command = { type = addcore which = 436 }
command = { type = addcore which = 433 }
command = { type = addcore which = 429 }
command = { type = addcore which = 428 }
command = { type = addcore which = 498 }
command = { type = addcore which = 230 }
command = { type = addcore which = 434 }
command = { type = addcore which = 458 }
command = { type = addcore which = 457 }
command = { type = addcore which = 456 }
command = { type = addcore which = 492 }
command = { type = addcore which = 491 }
command = { type = addcore which = 497 }
command = { type = addcore which = 499 }
command = { type = addcore which = 476 }
command = { type = addcore which = 477 }
command = { type = addcore which = 478 }
command = { type = addcore which = 490 }
command = { type = addcore which = 232 }
command = { type = addcore which = 233 }
command = { type = addcore which = 236 }
command = { type = addcore which = 234 }
command = { type = addcore which = 235 }
command = { type = addcore which = 246 }
command = { type = addcore which = 249 }
command = { type = addcore which = 258 }
command = { type = addcore which = 250 }
command = { type = addcore which = 251 }
command = { type = addcore which = 252 }
command = { type = addcore which = 254 }
command = { type = addcore which = 253 }
command = { type = addcore which = 269 }
command = { type = addcore which = 270 }
command = { type = addcore which = 257 }
command = { type = addcore which = 256 }
command = { type = addcore which = 255 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1844 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1849 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1857 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1858 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1907 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1848 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1850 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1856 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1845 }
command = { type = addcore which = 904 }
command = { type = addcore which = 903 }
command = { type = addcore which = 4 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1025 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1024 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1026 }
command = { type = addcore which = 906 }
command = { type = addcore which = 905 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1023 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1027 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1022 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1021 }
command = { type = addcore which = 907 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1020 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1019 }
command = { type = addcore which = 909 }
command = { type = addcore which = 908 }
command = { type = addcore which = 910 }
command = { type = addcore which = 911 }
command = { type = addcore which = 912 }
command = { type = addcore which = 913 }
command = { type = addcore which = 914 }
command = { type = addcore which = 915 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1028 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1030 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1040 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1039 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1033 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1038 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1037 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1036 }
command = { type = addcore which = 1035 }
command = { type = addcore which = 916 }
command = { type = addcore which = 917 }
command = { type = addcore which = 918 }
command = { type = addcore which = 926 }
command = { type = addcore which = 919 }
command = { type = addcore which = 920 }
command = { type = addcore which = 921 }
command = { type = addcore which = 922 }
command = { type = addcore which = 923 }
command = { type = addcore which = 924 }
command = { type = addcore which = 925 }
command = { type = addcore which = 927 }
command = { type = addcore which = 928 }
command = { type = addcore which = 929 }
command = { type = addcore which = 930 }
command = { type = addcore which = 931 }
command = { type = addcore which = 932 }
command = { type = addcore which = 933 }
command = { type = addcore which = 934 }
command = { type = addcore which = 935 }
command = { type = addcore which = 936 }
command = { type = addcore which = 937 }
command = { type = addcore which = 938 }
command = { type = addcore which = 939 }
command = { type = addcore which = 940 }
command = { type = addcore which = 941 }
command = { type = addcore which = 942 }
command = { type = addcore which = 943 }
command = { type = addcore which = 944 }
command = { type = addcore which = 945 }
command = { type = addcore which = 946 }
command = { type = addcore which = 947 }
command = { type = addcore which = 948 }
command = { type = addcore which = 949 }
command = { type = addcore which = 950 }
command = { type = addcore which = 951 }
command = { type = addcore which = 952 }
command = { type = addcore which = 953 }

command = {type = trigger which = 124572 }
command = {type = trigger which = 124573 }
command = {type = trigger which = 124574 }
command = {type = trigger which = 124575 }
command = {type = trigger which = 124576 }
command = {type = trigger which = 124577 }
command = {type = trigger which = 124578 }
command = {type = trigger which = 124579 }
command = {type = trigger which = 124580 }
command = {type = trigger which = 124581 }
command = {type = trigger which = 124582 }
command = {type = trigger which = 124583 }
command = {type = trigger which = 124584 }
command = {type = trigger which = 124585 }
command = {type = trigger which = 124586 }
}
action_b = {
ai_chance = 100

name = "We must not return to the imperialism of the past."
command = { type = dissent value = 1 }
}
}

###################################
##### Return to Istanbul
###################################
event = {
id = 124563
random = no
country = OTT

trigger = {
exists = OTT
event = 124562
}
name = "Capital Moves to Istanbul"
desc = "Soon after the government proclaimed itself the Ottoman Empire, the capital was moved from Ankara to the ancient capital of the old Empire, Istanbul."
style = 0
picture = "military_parade"
date = { day = 08 month = january year = 1936 }
offset = 1

action_a = {
ai_chance = 100
name = "The Kaliphs of old would approve."
command = { type = capital which = 409}
}
}

It's as if as SOON as the event fires ALL the leaders (air/sea/land) are taken away?

I created a manual event as well that just changes Turkey into the Ottoman Empire and the same result: missing leaders.

Is there some kind of error in the switchover from TUR to OTT? I'm using ARMA 1.3b no mods (other than the OTT event ha)

Hmmm, dunno about the event, but according to description, it says Ottoman Empire was dissolved by the Allies. That's wrong, it was dissolved by M. Kemal Atatürk.