• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
HA! Toronto did not get touched!

Yeah, but what about If Day, ala Winnipeg?

...BUY VICTORY BONDS AND LIBERATE THE REST OF THE NATION FROM THE JAPANESE MENACE!

Oh the horror! At least my hometown wasn't invade but it was close! America will rise again!
But Japan will have to deal with one hell of an insurgency. I bet the American South would make the Sunni triangle look like a cub scouts picnic.

Last edited:
You've achieved almost everything with Japan - well you could do more, but world conquest is always gamey. Maybe you should switch sides and play with the USA? Even better, play with an USA-fraction in an US-civil war folowed by the defeat in the war?

That would be awesome! :D Or maybe Quebec... :O

You've achieved almost everything with Japan - well you could do more, but world conquest is always gamey. Maybe you should switch sides and play with the USA? Even better, play with an USA-fraction in an US-civil war folowed by the defeat in the war?

This idea I like. It would make for quite the read indeed trying to bring the US back from what is essentially its lowest point.

Or maybe Quebec... :O
no, not only would that be a bad idea, he has also said that under no circumstances will Quebec become independent

That would be epic,liberate 'Murica for its puppet state oppression!But how long does the mds go, I only know about it from reading a few aars.
Edit: Also 2nd American revolution!
red-dawn-2.jpg

Last edited:
@Midge: I like that idea, but I don't think Japan could limit how strong the EF's navy is. However, expect Japan to pretty much not allow any non Japanese/Allied military vessels into the Pacific ocean from now on. Japan has enough industries to make sure it does not fall behind in a naval arms race, something the Europeans are very far behind on anyways.

@Black Watch: They are not real events, they are fake ones made using the TRP Authors kit.

@Xie: I do not plan to touch MDS again for a long time. I think I might do something with DH or DH Kaiserreich next, but I don't have any solid ideas yet.

@Nathan Madien: Makes me wonder exactly what you thought would happen. :D The destruction of the US military, the occupation of over 2/3rds of the continental United States, the dismemberment of the US federal government, etc, aren't exactly lenient things to have happened to the poor old US of A.

@Aliasing: Well now at least you get to build a new life under the rule of whatever benevolent puppet government Japan will set up in Western Canada!

@PvtPrivate, CylonAndrew: hehe, partisans wont be Japans problem...

@zoli1984: No. The end of the war with America marks the total and final end of this AAR. I am done with this, and very happy to be so.

@everyone else: Thank you for the comments! Now, time for the epilogue.

June 1st, 2022. At a lavish ceremony on the Japanese guided missile cruiser Mirai, anchored in San Francisco bay, US and Japanese officials sign the documents that bring the 2nd Pacific War to its final end. It is a bitter peace for the United States, a victor's peace whose terms are dictated in full by Japan. The United States government is forced to dismantle what little was left of its nuclear weapons arsenal, renounce the use of various weapons systems such as aircraft carriers, cruise missiles, heavy bombers, etc, and hand over to Japan all of its Pacific Island territories, including Hawaii, as well as renounce territorial claims to all of the Western United States, stretching north and south from the Colorado/Kansas state line and going all the way to the Pacific ocean.
treatyofsanfrancisco2.png

treatyofsanfrancisco1.png

The end of the war brought peace and great victory to Japan, but it has not ended the fighting in what was left of the United States. With the United States Federal government completely unable to save the American people from Japanese armies, in the aftermath of the war, many people in what was left of the devastated country began to turn to more regional or local authorities for leadership. In the years following the end of the war, this has led to the complete balkanization and collapse of the United States of America. Today, America burns in the fires of a protracted civil war, waged between 4 major factions with their borders undefined and fighting for their own agenda's and ambitions. Texas, which declared independence in the immediate aftermath of the war, fights a revived Confederate States of America for control of Arkansas and Louisiana, which Texas claims as its own territories. The Confederacy meanwhile not only fights to annex all of Texas as its claimed rightful territory, but battles New England and the authoritarian Allied States of America for control of places like Kentucky, Missouri, and Maryland. Both the Allied States of America and New England claim themselves as being the rightful heirs of the now defunct United States of America, and claim they will one day reunify the entirety of the country under their rule. Out of these 4 factions, only New England has any semblance of international diplomatic recognition, and receives regular shipments of weapons and resources from Canada and the European Federation. Japan meanwhile has set up in its sphere of influence 4 new allies to rule the lands it conquered. In the former Western United States, California and Cascadia are granted independence. In Central America, Japan, after annexing the Panama Canal zone, establishes the FCAR, the Federation of Central American Republics, which includes nearly all of what used to be Mexico in its territory. Canada, which signed the treaty of San Francisco as a Co-Belligerent of the United States, has lost the vast lands of Western Canada to Japanese control. In this territory Japan establishes the Democratic Republic of Canada, which is given sovereignty over Alaska as well. The DRC is commonly referred to only as West Canada in global media, while the still independent east is also referred to largely as East Canada. West Canada also claims that it is the sole legitimate government of the entire country, and routinely holds provocative large scale military exercises near the border, and also sends spies, and special forces into East Canada to gather intelligence and generally cause havoc. In response, East Canada has sought EF military and economic aid, since the loss of resource and agricultural rich Western Canada has brought the east great economic hardship. Finally, Puerto Rico declared independence when the United States fell apart.
newnorthamericanorder3.jpg

lariots6.jpg

With victory over the United States, Japan's future as the leader and sole superpower of the Asia-Pacific region has finally been realized. Jubilant crowds all over the empire celebrate this great victory, and the new Japanese era that has now truly began with the end of the war. Millions of soldiers begin to come home to Japan and the lands of Japan's allies, celebrated with great military parades in Tokyo, Seoul, Bangkok, New Delhi, Shenyang, and countless other places. Peace, stability, and prosperity, under the benevolent and wise leadership of Japan can now finally guide Asia and the Pacific to a bright future, cemented with the tight bonds now established between Japan and its many new and loyal allies, and safeguarded by the might and power of the Imperial Army, Navy, and Air Force.
p5cq.jpg

23881p.jpg

508299473305b7e5a4bb.jpg

2u5q1ia.png

Japan is not the only big winner in the new order that is now unfolding. Europe, united through blood and struggle, has replaced the United States as the so called "Leader of the Free World". After Finland and the Baltic States joined the EF in 2023, Europe moved to form its own formal military and economic alliance bloc, with its North African, West African, and other new allies. These new allies include Britain, which has brought its new Commonwealth members Argentina and Bolivia along with it in alliance with the government in Brussels. East Canada also quickly joined the EF as a new political partner, something that has led to thousands of European soldiers being invited to Eastern Canada to act as a deterrent to West Canadian aggression. Even Russia, former nemesis of the European Union, has sought closer ties with the EF, making moves to adopt the Euro as its currency as well as to broaden economic and military ties. However, Russia has no intention of joining the EF as a full constituent member, stating its main foreign policy objective will be the "liberation" of lost territories in the East.
europeanunions.jpg

The EF has in recent years begun to flex its new political and military power in some very important ways. In 2027, Europe deployed thousands of peacekeepers to what was once Greater Nigeria, which collapsed due to massive economic, social, and political turmoil. This coincided with Europe bringing the former members of France's West African colonial empire under its security and economic umbrella, expanding EF influence all the way to the Gulf of Guinea. Other states, such as Colombia, Venezuela, Chile, and South Africa have also aligned themselves with the EF, to guarantee their security from countries like Japan or its allies.
francetchadeufor432.jpg

In general, the EF and Japan, which are now the Earth's two sole superpowers, try to stay out of each other's sphere of influence. The only major crisis that has really emerged so far was the Indian Ocean standoff which took place in 2029. Japanese threats to seize control of former French New Caledonia in the South Pacific resulted in Europe sending a major naval taskforce steaming towards the Pacific Ocean from the area of the Cape of Good Hope. A Japanese Carrier battlegroup intercepted the European fleet near Diego Garcia, resulting in a tense standoff with both fleets ready to throw everything they had at each other. In the end, cooler heads prevailed, and a solution was reached where the EF agreed to sell New Caledonia to Japan for approximately 5 billion Euro's, as long as Japan respected the rights of European property holders and economic interests in the islands. Agreement was reached on the terms and both sides stood down. War is not really that much of a possibility between the two blocks at the moment, but in the far future, anything could be possible.
newijnnavy.jpg

Finally, the Eastern Coalition, led by Iran, is facing tough times. Although they were one of the biggest winners of the chaotic and violent conflicts that now define the early 21st century, years after their victory, things are not looking so good. Having conquered Israel and crushed all US presence in the Middle East, the various regimes that make up the ECON alliance have run out of external enemies to use as scapegoats for internal political and economic problems. Whats more, the younger generations of people living in the various ECON states have begun to rebel against the more conservative and authoritarian policies of the older Islamic extremist leaders. Many of ECON's governments are facing great social upheaval, diminishing the bloc's influence in general. Already, ECON's puppet Sub-Saharan African governments have fallen and broken away, while places like Egypt, Syria, and Lebanon are experiencing growing protests and civil disobedience. The only bright spot for ECON is the rebirth of Pan-Arab nationalism, something that has resulted in Islamic Arabia, Palestine, and Jordan federating to form the Union of Arab Republics (UAR). Egypt may follow suit, and even Iraq has shown interest in joining such a state. In summary, ECON's future is uncertain to say the least, as a united Arab Superpower may seek to strengthen its independence from the regime in Iran.
article13510700cec49120.jpg

And so, the Earth enters a new era, forged by the destruction of the old order and the rise of a new one. Japan and its allies, although faced with a new Cold War with the mighty European Federation and its allies, look forward to building a brighter future, one of peace and prosperity, under the leadership of the New Japanese Empire. The Japanese Era, a dream so vastly far out of reach of the first Japanese Empire, has finally begun.
world2030.png

The End.

Last edited:
Great work on finishing this AAR, but damn seeing my country cut up like that is kinda depressing even though this is just a video game. I could see America being a key location a for a theoretical proxy war in the future cold war between Europe and Japan. With EU supporting New England's attempts unify the United States. But it would be a blood bath with all the guns laying around America. But I bet most would flock together against the puppet states of Hippie Land, I mean California and Cascadia. Well at least once a legit government is formed. I think it would be less regional than you depicted and more "transparent" struggle as several ideological groups try to become the new United States instead of regional powers. But I'm putting too much thought in it.
Oh well on day we will liberate our country from the imperialist, Canada can come too.
oh and before I forget

WOLVERINES!!!!!
and yes I'm just being a sore loser for America losing =p

Last edited:
"The Emperor and his divine right of God will guide Japan to peace for many more generations -- Nippon Tennoheika Banzai!"
-- Citizen Sakura Fujimoto, Tokyo, Imperial Japan

And so it ends.....

Seeing America reduced to a shell of it's former self is depressing to many. In your Russia AAR the US was split apart, but they remain client states for Russia, so they would not fall into civil war. Now the US is reduced to what Somalia goes through 24/7. But hopefully...one day...they will reunite....and kick Japanese ass.

Japan now rules the West. But hopefully they won't be as despotic or authoritarian as they were in the "good old days". They are strong, but the EU remains the last bastion of democracy(just like in the "good old days!") in the world, and is more than capable to stand up to them. May their empire last longer than all the rest.

And in fact the EU may be joined by the Middle East and Africa in defense of democracy. With EU presence the chaos in Africa may fade and the region may stabilize and in the Middle East..........it's safe to say that Islamic extremism has burned itself out. It took the destruction of Israel and Zionism to do it but with this goal fufilled, a new generation of Arabs no longer look to fundamentalism, wahhabism and religion as a guide. The true Arab Revolution has begun................and for the Fundamentalists and their allies....it ain't pretty. The Pan-Arab dream is formed, but not as a Caliphate with close ties to Iran. So in a way, the Middle East is slowly becoming more moderate.

And thus, one chapter in history ends..............and another begins.

Last edited: