• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
*runs out from Georgia before it's too late*

I propose that if the Japanese invade Georgia, they should do so with the song "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" blasting at full volume just to mock the Americans.

MDS is modded so that casualties tend to be higher than in vanilla HoI, isn't it? And here I was with the conception that "modern warfare" would be less bloody overall than WW1 and WW2 were. There goes that idea...

With casualty rates like those on both sides, you're already going a good way towards depopulating the planet, and it didn't even take a global thermonuclear war to do so. :eek:

@Kroisistan: The American military has deteriorated so drastically by this point that they no longer have the ability to deploy nuclear weapons, which would be useless anyway due to Japan's SDI system being in place. Besides, if the Americans did that, they would be nuking their own people in the process. When you are reduced to doing that, then you might as well just surrender in order to preserve lives.

@Asalto: Living in the super EF is scary? Hehe, is it just the thought of those European leaders having all of that power now at their disposal and what they will do with it? :laugh:

@pat97ryk: Nobody is next.

@damnjoe: No, because there isn't anything else happening.

@everyone else: thanks for the comments!

After years of struggle with the Americans and their allies, the end of the war is in sight. Washington DC, capital of the United States, falls to airmobile infantry of the Japanese army. The White House is captured by Japanese soldiers, who unfurl Japanese flags over the building in celebration of their victory.
washingtonfalls.png

whitehousespringtime1.jpg

Washington's rapid fall to Japanese soldiers also nets for Japan a great prize: the majority of America's political and military leadership, captured before they were able to evacuate the city due to the rapidity of the Japanese offensive on the East coast. Many senators, congressmembers, members of the US political executive, and even President Petraeus himself are taken captive after quick battles with their US Secret Service bodyguards. Japanese soldiers take all of these US officials into custody, housing them on Capital Hill, which is now turned essentially into a giant prisoner of war camp.
usgovtleaderscaptured.png

The capture of Washington DC along with the bulk of the American leadership sows chaos in the American lines. US command authority breaks down, and the enemy's order of battle is thrown into disarray. Now, with the Americans in their greatest moment of weakness, Japanese commanders order the beginning of a huge offensive, all along the entire frontlines and aimed at securing the entire Western bank of the Mississippi river. This should finally be the killing blow that breaks the backs of the Americans once and for all!
alloutattack.png

The attack begins. Like a thunderbolt, Japanese and Allied soldiers pound the Americans with everything they have. From northern Manitoba to New Orleans, Japanese soldiers and their allies strike eastwards.
hugeoffensive.png

44075054tanksap416.jpg

The Americans are caught utterly flatfooted by such a massive assault. All along the line, American forces buckle, then rout before Japanese and Allied forces. Only in northern Louisiana and Southern Arkansas do they manage to hold their ground, but they only do so temporarily, being eventually forced back after Japanese troops regroup. Faced with utter destruction, US and Coalition forces flee across the Mississippi, with Japanese and Allied soldiers occupying vast tracts of land left behind.
usmilitaryrouts.png

Enemy defeat is total and absolute. Japanese and Allied troops take control of the entire western bank of the Mississippi river. Manitoba also falls to Japanese forces. Tens of thousands of US and Coalition troops have either been killed, wounded, or captured. There are now barely any enemy forces left along the entire front, and further advances towards Chicago and Atlanta, or even a linkup with the East Coast bridgehead are possibilities. With no strong leaders to turn to and with their military forces falling apart, the last of the United States is being thrown into chaos.
mississippiline.png

The final nail in the coffin is the Battle of New York City. Japanese soldiers move into the city, brushing aside some scattered Coalition units that attempt to defend it. The city is soon secured, with Japanese flags flying high from the Empire State building, the New World Trade Center complex, and even from the front of the New York stock eschange on Wall Street. With their cities falling one by one to Japanese troops, US defeat is now inevitable.
battleofnewyork.png

fallofnewyork.png

It is in this critical moment that the Europeans finally come forward. Anxious to avoid total US defeat but also wary of their own limited abilities to fight in North America, especially against the mighty Imperial Japanese Navy, the Europeans send Japan a message: make peace with the USA or face the possibility of all out war with the European Federation and its Allies. The Europeans however don't say what kind of peace they want, just that the fighting should end immediately, something that leaves the door open for whatever peace Japan wishes to make in its war with the Coalition.
efthreats.png

At this point in the war, with the US utterly beaten, Japanese commanders and politicians are getting tired of the constant fighting. Japan has been at war almost constantly over the past 18 years, and its time for the fighting to end. Japan has achieved its goals, and has no further need to continue with the war and risk escalation with the European Federation. Japan's armed forces are also exhausted, and worn out from years of high intensity warfare over half of the world. Japanese leaders decide that the best course of action is to demand that the Americans come forward and accept an armistice on Japanese terms, so Japan can work out the final political solution in the America's soon afterwards.
endingthewar.png

Utterly defeated and facing complete chaos, the remnants of the American government meet with Japanese delegates in Chicago, one of the last cities still in US control. The Americans accept all Japanese demands for an armistice on Japanese terms, and the fighting on all sides comes to an end. America has lost, Japan and its allies have prevailed. The war is at long last, finally over.
ussurrenders.png

Why do I get the picture the Europeans are going to be wishing they joined the war instead when they see the peace treaty that comes out of this? Least the war ended before Japanese tanks started rolling through the streets of my hometown, something that didn't seem that far off. Thought to be honest, I would probably have been swept up by conscription at this point anyway if this war actually happened and very likely dead or chilling in a Japanese prisoner of war camp.

Nice to see the end of this war.

But I still wish you could have simply declared war on the EF for the simple reason of trying to force the Empore into an armistice. What I think is that Japan need is to have its tanks roll to the streets of London, Paris, Berlin, and Rome.

Yoshihiro MUST and SHALL be crowned Caesar, and Japan must RULE THE WORLD!

Oh.... Georgia is spared.... *sigh of relief*

Still, I fear Yoshiro's plans for America.

Why do I get the picture the Europeans are going to be wishing they joined the war instead when they see the peace treaty that comes out of this? Least the war ended before Japanese tanks started rolling through the streets of my hometown, something that didn't seem that far off. Thought to be honest, I would probably have been swept up by conscription at this point anyway if this war actually happened and very likely dead or chilling in a Japanese prisoner of war camp.

I think that Europeans acted very wise with such approach. They didn't get into unpleasant war and also secured the position of leading Western power for themselves. Anyway, glad to see war in America coming to an end. I look forward to the post-war setup in North America.

I think that Europeans acted very wise with such approach. They didn't get into unpleasant war and also secured the position of leading Western power for themselves. Anyway, glad to see war in America coming to an end. I look forward to the post-war setup in North America.

Yes, but the Japanese will certainly enforce a peace that essentially kills America's Great power status and neuters them so they can't try to take revenge. That leaves the Europeans and the Japanese as the only real Great Powers anymore. While he does not intend to fight the Europeans, if he did want to, Europe would essentially stand alone against the incredible power Japan can bring to bear.

Well the UK got off quite lightly. No damage to the homeland, they may have lost a entire generation of young men and the Royal Navy but the UK's still in a much better position than most. Plus they still have their South American Empire unless Japan forces them to give it up (I'm not sure how they'd do this though :S). If needed the UK could integrate with the EF, I'd say the Brits are doing quite well.

Kaiser Mobius as part of the peace deal you should consider a global limit on naval forces. That would stop a UK/US re-militarization and might stave off a arms race with the EF.

Those events regarding the fall of Washington D.C., the EF threatening to intervene, the American capitulation and so on...do those events already exist by default in MDS, or did you mod them in yourself?

Kaiser Mobius as part of the peace deal you should consider a global limit on naval forces. That would stop a UK/US re-militarization and might stave off a arms race with the EF.

No.

The real answer to such a prospect would be for Japan to sends its tanks and troops to invade Europe. Let's have our Imperial troops march triumphantly in th streets of London land Brussels, and they should never stop until Japan becomes the world's ONLY superpower.

Nah, end it more realistically, plus look at Alexander the Great, he tried to conquer everything he saw and the people soon turned against him...........................

Ending it with a Cold War setup is great with the world settling into 3 blocs. However, I hope for the post-war setup for America to be shown as events ingame, would like to see how you carve up this giant and which ministers are in the balkanized USA

I've read the whole AAR and it's sad to see it end. What's next? I'd suggest an Alt-history MDS as the Soviet Union or a MDS-KR or an Alternate history modded Arma based on a major point of diversion.

Last edited:
Yes, but the Japanese will certainly enforce a peace that essentially kills America's Great power status and neuters them so they can't try to take revenge. That leaves the Europeans and the Japanese as the only real Great Powers anymore. While he does not intend to fight the Europeans, if he did want to, Europe would essentially stand alone against the incredible power Japan can bring to bear.

I agree, altough that's not necessary bad for mutated EU that already became a real behemoth with it's very own sphere of influence (resourceful and well-positioned North Africa). Such European power doesen't even really need American help as it is self-sufficient in all important issues: Resources, industrial production, defense (compare it to modern deindustrialized, disfunctional and demilitarized EU that is vulnerable for external pressures due to lack of resources). One good thing is that Japanese Empire (in broader sense) is far away and not too interested into Old Continent while potentially divided North America will be main chessboard for influence fights between Japanese and Europeans (ironically, European armies could play the guardian role in America that Americans played in Europe during Cold War). As for other threats to EF, ECON is more a defensive alliance made of many diffrent factions that have only a common enemy in common (pragmatic Shia Islamist Iran and Baathist Syria is still bearable combination, but Sunni radicals jumping on the bandwagon can be pretty unstable and explosive mix). Russia is very weak and could be even seen as potential EF partner.

I've read the whole AAR and it's sad to see it end. What's next? I'd suggest an Alt-history MDS as the Soviet Union...

Ekhem, that one might be reserved for someone else. ;)