• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
May 6, 2004
Whats going on with Rebels in AGCEEP, I barely manage to defeat those, only if I vastly outnumber them, they have such a great morale all the way. While the AI has no problem at all and can easily defeat tens of thousands of rebels with say 2-3 thousand men, only human player has this hard time getting rid of insurgents I don't get it ?!!

I usually position my troops in mountains so that when rebels show up there, they get defeated quickly. Rebels in mountains are the worst kind, and take lots of tries to defeat, so I try to beat them by having my troops there already. In plains and desert (and to a lesser extend in forests), you can defeat rebels with cav-only armies: they'll decimate the rebels (until later in the game, that is).

Dunno if it's just me but in vanilla eu2 iirc rebel scum was annihilated with ease, and I'm playing as Burgundy now and the Dutch revolters are such a pain in the ass... and really annyoing (and unrealistic as well) when my elite regulars getting beaten time and again by anarchist revolters armed with pitchforks :wacko:
And this happens while at the same time I see the AI defeat large stacks of rebels with only tiny forces thats just unfair :D
Anything that can be done to tune revolter morale down a bit not that much like in vanilla but somewhat at least ?!!

Yeah I don't know how that AI does that, winning with 2k men against 16k of rebels or something:wacko:.

I don't know how you could tune down the rebel morale (I don't even know if agceep changed their morale). Maybe by making their king worse? (but there is no monarch file for them, so maybe you should give the current monarch modifiers using events?)

Dunno if it's just me but in vanilla eu2 iirc rebel scum was annihilated with ease, and I'm playing as Burgundy now and the Dutch revolters are such a pain in the ass... and really annyoing (and unrealistic as well) when my elite regulars getting beaten time and again by anarchist revolters armed with pitchforks :wacko:
Umm... You are aware that the Dutch revolters in real life defeated what was widely regarded as the best army in the world (perhaps second only to France), right?

Umm... You are aware that the Dutch revolters in real life defeated what was widely regarded as the best army in the world (perhaps second only to France), right?

Well thats a point for real but same happening with minor revolters as well so I still don't see the reason why revolter morale is so exaggerated, it doesnt seem so when the ai has to fight any revolts thats double standards IMO

Edit harrr #400 post been a long way lol

It's not an AGCEEP issue, but an EU2 issue. In one of the last patches they jacked up the abilities of rebels immensely. The ai still has the old school rebels to contend with, but human players have super rebels.

One good tactics when fighting rebels (and anyone else for that matter) is to send in two armies of size comparable to the size of the enemy and delay the second army by 10-15 days. Unless the enemy has a huge advantage in morale or shock and fire ratings, the army that arrives later should boost the overall morale of your army and turn the tide of the battle.

Thx very much some good advice from you guys! Also interesting to hear this issue beeing related to official EU2 latest patch didnt know that..! Anyway it seems once you've reached War in laces land technology the odds against rebs are more balanced again like should normally be so they all get terminated more succesfully :D

Thx very much some good advice from you guys! Also interesting to hear this issue beeing related to official EU2 latest patch didnt know that..! Anyway it seems once you've reached War in laces land technology the odds against rebs are more balanced again like should normally be so they all get terminated more succesfully :D

I actually find rebels the hardest when you have land tech of lets say 10-20 or something. Before that, and cavalry is your friend, after that and its just pouring large amounts of infantry and possibly artillery into that province.

Bumped (started new campaign) I just have to say rebels are such a pain in the back when you have to spend significant amounts of treasury to build counter-insurgency forces since your available regulars keep vanishing in the face of some rebel troops just because youre a human player and not the ai, who has no problem with rebel scum at all... I have nothing against increasing difficuly for human plyr but this is farcial. Since its indeed a thing thats working as designed I'd support that the design should be changed

Bumped (started new campaign) I just have to say rebels are such a pain in the back when you have to spend significant amounts of treasury to build counter-insurgency forces since your available regulars keep vanishing in the face of some rebel troops just because youre a human player and not the ai, who has no problem with rebel scum at all... I have nothing against increasing difficuly for human plyr but this is farcial. Since its indeed a thing thats working as designed I'd support that the design should be changed

Rebels are not superhuman forces that outmatch any human player. However if rebels appear in your provinces then they have the same technology as your troops and after a month they have the same morale as your troops.

If you have not already please read the Rebel FAQ here:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=200487