• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Blust

Lt. General
72 Badges
Mar 23, 2017
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
I'm playing Mongolia this is December 10 and apparently, some Oirats rebels from Tchagatai occupied one of my provinces while I was taking care of Ming. They don't have an army, they're not from my country as you can see, but...

The 27 of the same month, Oirats is free. I thought rebels couldn't break the country unless they occupy a fort ? I thought I would've had a red pop-up saying rebels are going to enforce their demands ? wtf is going on ? What can I do to prevent this ?

excuse me what the fuck.png

sure sure.png

Chagatai accepted demands from the rebels, since those same rebels occupied some of your territory they enforced the corresponding demands on you as well. The way you avoid this is not to allow rebels to occupy any of your land, ever, no matter where they come from.

Reactions:
It's stupid, but @brifbates is right. The best way to deal with them - especially if they leave - is to recruit a single unit or a merc stack nearby if the country of origin is near to collapsing, like in your case.

EDIT: Noted the insane speed on a second reading. There's pretty much nothing you can do here unless you can revert to an earlier state and preemptively head over there to fight them. Did you lose cores, or can you reconquest the Oirats?

• 2Like
Reactions:
The only rebels Tchagatai has left are pretenders in the east and tribes rebels in the south west. No Oirats rebels anywhere (the rebels in Timurids lands are sunnism fanatics). I tried to recruit a mercenary stack, put a 6 manoeuver general and send them here but there's no enough time for them to actually get to the province.

I didn't check for cores, I'll see if it's worth no-CB reconquest or just straight up restarting. This is so annoying because there was no alert anywhere, just "hey this single province took 1/3 of your country, have fun".

No earlier save unfortunately.

Reactions:
Chagatai accepted demands from the rebels, since those same rebels occupied some of your territory they enforced the corresponding demands on you as well. The way you avoid this is not to allow rebels to occupy any of your land, ever, no matter where they come from.
Have you tested whether what you're describing actually happens?

@OP, can you check province history to see when your province was occupied by oirat seps? When seps of a non-existent country enforce, they yoink all cores, so my guess is it was occupied for 5 years. If you can't siege it back in time with your backup savefile, you could return province to spawn an OPM Oirat -- that way the separatist enforcing will only take the occupied province, not all of the cores, since Oirat exists.

Reactions:
@OP, can you check province history to see when your province was occupied by oirat seps? When seps of a non-existent country enforce, they yoink all cores, so my guess is it was occupied for 5 years. If you can't siege it back in time with your backup savefile, you could return province to spawn an OPM Oirat -- that way the separatist enforcing will only take the occupied province, not all of the cores, since Oirat exists.
AFAIK, Separatists enforcing their demands on all nations where they occupy land if the original nation collapses to rebels has been a thing since release. They don't need to have active stacks for it either, just occupied provinces. If Chagatai spawned rebels, and they managed to occupy one province of Mongolia, and Chagatai then collapses to rebels, Mongol provinces with the relevant cores will also be released.

Your OPM Oirat strat is both devious and usable, though.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I don’t usually have issues with Rebels.

But this suggestion of yours is devious, useful, helpful, and I love it. Unfortunately I can only leave one icon.

Personally? No. However this has been a game feature / function for quite a while and others HAVE done such testing. If you look through some really old threads around here you can see for yourself.
Can you cite instances where others have tested this? To be honest, I've heard this since maybe 1.29 days? But I was never able to reproduce nor confirm it. I assumed it was one of the many myths in this community that people repeat without verifying. Here's an instance of me testing on current patch:
1659639088439.png

I let Oirat separatists spawned from Chagatai occupy a Mongol province (with Oirat core).

1659639158339.png

I accept Oirat separatist demands, note that the occupied province (nor other Oirat cores that Mongolia owns) do not secede like claimed.

Here's me verifying my explanation above:
1659639278656.png

Killed rebels + unoccupied occupations on Chagatai.

1659639325751.png

Let 5 years pass, Mongolia loses all of Oirat despite it not being their rebel and only one province being occupied.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Wow, that's a new one. Sasuga paradox