• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hoosierdaddy67

Recruit
18 Badges
Aug 10, 2022
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
One thing I have a hard time understanding is when there is a rebellion in my kingdom, the initial screen will show military force as inferior', say 1700 to my 3000 but when battle is joined, I am facing 2-3 times the number of my own army. So rebel nobles end up with huge numbers of troops which makes no sense nor is reflective of what they had.

• 1Like
Reactions:
They are probably hiring mercenaries and calling in allies. It is really annoying as a player, but it definitely adds some needed unpredictability to the game.

When dealing with revolts, you can often snipe smaller stacks of enemy units early before they link up with each other, which they will always try to do. Once they have joined up, if you are really good lucky you can sometimes get them while they are moving, because each army moves at a different speed, so you can trigger a battle with half their force while the other half is in the adjacent tile. Unlike EU4, I find late arriving reinforcements to always be worse than just doomstacking, because when they show up you might have already killed enough of the first army to be able to deal with the second.

• 1Like
Reactions:
One thing I have a hard time understanding is when there is a rebellion in my kingdom, the initial screen will show military force as inferior', say 1700 to my 3000 but when battle is joined, I am facing 2-3 times the number of my own army. So rebel nobles end up with huge numbers of troops which makes no sense nor is reflective of what they had.
Hiring mercs, making new allainces after rebellion breaks out. If you provide screenshots we can find out more

Features that were brought over from CK2 such as rebellions are going to need a face lift eventually to meet the standards of CK3. I want rebellions to be more interactive, involve more intrigue and rebellion specific events.

Hopefully next year we’ll get the conclave dlc we’ve been asking for which will hopefully include Kingdom laws and better feudal contracts. Council positions should also be revisted considering they’ve been brought over and are unchanged since 2016.

Hiring mercs, making new allainces after rebellion breaks out. If you provide screenshots we can find out more
Well that is what I would have thought but I do keep an eye on vassal finances and alliances. In my last game, none had alliances and the large numbers of troops at the start of the war means any foreign allies they may have had still needed to travel (which I assume they do as do mine when I call them).

I had far more money in the treasury than they did and I still could not hire the same amount of mercs. And again, I was outnumbered almost 3-1 which seemed odd considering I still had sizable demense and army. Maybe I just need to pay more attention to how big they're getting.

Thanks all