• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well deserved award, and excellent piece of writing!

I feel both pleased this wasn't a WC (world conquest/complete victory) and a little saddened by the result and especially the epilogue. Still, very fittting.

Is it possible to mod who owns what city? If so, I'd definitely be up for round 2 with Lauren at the helm.

Long time lurker, and its a superb read, kinda like my last game, crushed by the Nords just as my Kingdom was at its weakest. Hope you do another!

Nice story.. Should get around to WB some time myself...

Question; you've just decided that after this fall, you just didn't want to continue anymore? Or do you remain at war even if your kingdom has fallen (so no way for an individual to get back up his feet)

..just wondering, since this is actually a good place to end it.

The only way I could really survive would be to swear allegiance to one of the other kingdoms again, such as the Khergit Khanate. That would stop the war and also have my remaining vassals join the Khergit too. From an AAR point of view though I decided this was the best point to stop :).

I'll probably start a fresh game now and be a bit more careful building up. I didn't really develop enough good relations with other lords in that game and I was role-playing it quite a lot too rather than always doing what was militarily/politically best.

That was a good, compact, tale. I wasn't expecting the Kingdom of Kragen to be so utterly obliterated, but it certainly made for an excellent story. Also a nice little epilogue to sweeten the bitter taste of defeat. :)

I enjoyed reading it and from Paradox' standpoint, it might just have done the trick: I ain't buying this game anytime soon, but it crept onto my radar, something it would never have done otherwise.

A very enjoyable read Wyvern. You've got me half convinced to buy the game. Maybe another story will fully convince me. ;)

A very enjoyable read Wyvern. You've got me half convinced to buy the game. Maybe another story will fully convince me. ;)

I have to admit I am considering a sequal. No promises yet though :).

aldriq - glad you enjoyed it!

cant stop CRYING!!

im still crying and i can't stop it you heartless barstad!!!:(

Very well written. Excellent role-playing and character development - and that is really what makes an AAR for me. Glad I found this one. Well deserved reward to boot!