• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Marc_Hicks

Colonel
19 Badges
Apr 14, 2018
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Empire of Sin - Deluxe Edition
  • Empire of Sin
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
Not going to lie but, as the title suggests, every month of radio silence leads me to increasingly believe that this game is not going to be coming out....at least not at any point in the next 12-15 months. Sadly-very sadly-I feel I need to relegate this into the same category as Dying Light 2....."Development Hell".

• 3Like
Reactions:
If they are strugling with question "what information they can reveal, without spoiling anything about game" ...
I would like sugest to reveal information about why didnt we get any reveals.

Its not a joke, i really wonder what exactly is their goal with this attitude.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Fair enough, though I wouldn't dismiss them just yet. December is always loose on news from devs. Give it till February including and if nothing comes I'll join you.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I had a similar post MONTHS ago, and still we are in the same place, with nothing to show but lost personnel. I have lost hope for this game, frankly. The developers have to know that this kind of dead air is toxic to the game. They can say something, show something, anything, even just a few pictures of development work. But nothing? This is a dead game, it has to be. If it wasn't, they would reveal something after so many months. I'm done.

• 2Like
Reactions:
If it comes out, & its good, I will buy it too....but I doubt the 2021 release date.

remember a few people heard rumors of them posting and saying "they dont think it will release the first half of 2021" and if im not mistaken the first half ends in June and the second starts in July so dont loose hope.. :) maybe we'll hear something at the end of the first half of this year maybe at the start of the second..eather way if the rumors are true they never said it wont come out in 2021 just wont be the first half so..we'll see the game released this year..if they delay then that wont be good..keep in mind angry fans are something no gaming company want to deal with that would remind them to hurry up and do something just to keep us calm and happy they don't want to lose fans...just need to remind them whos buying the game and making them money heck 7 year wait on CP2077 and people are disappointed because of the bugs and stuff its got im sure they dont want that..but i doubt they want to make us wait...eather way have hope man..if nothing shows up at the end of the first half or start of the second half of this year then you got me on board with you ;)

• 2Haha
Reactions:
Not going to lie but, as the title suggests, every month of radio silence leads me to increasingly believe that this game is not going to be coming out....at least not at any point in the next 12-15 months. Sadly-very sadly-I feel I need to relegate this into the same category as Dying Light 2....."Development Hell".

You are the latest person to draw a Dying Light 2 comparison - the Dying Light 2 forums are saying the game is in production hell like VTMB2, so interesting to see the same echoed here!

DL2 lost their lead writer (or someone who was a lead writer for a while) recently, too, although I think he quit and wasn't fired like Mitsoda.

At least he wasn't replaced by a Mass Effect: Andromeda writer, though, so there's that.

My guess is we can't set a timer for release until there's actually some marketing effort released (not dev updates, a trailer or something more marketing-focused). After that, maybe 6 months, but it requires something trying to sell the game first.

• 2Like
Reactions:
If you read this forum carefully, you can find out that almost nobody ... except maybe 2 people is wondering about "release".
So you guess is right, we cant ... luckily for us, we dont. :D

If they are strugling with question "what information they can reveal, without spoiling anything about game" ...
I would like sugest to reveal information about why didnt we get any reveals.

Its not a joke, i really wonder what exactly is their goal with this attitude.
I think just release that demo we saw before, as an updated "Polished version"

That would be also great, some day ...
But i presume that prepare demo for presentation is a bit harder and little more time consuming, than write a post to social networks.

I think that 10-20 rows of text with a couple of pictures about a small part of the game (e.g. the inventory or the Characters progression) along with a big warning "anything may change in the final release" would be enough

Reactions:
Yup ... some might even call it "standard Developer Diary" :D
you are absolutely right, but I think it is important to remember, because a very long post that talks about nothing (in Italy we have an expression: "fried air" to indicate a speech full of words and empty of content) more photos of cats and maybe a fake project plan on excel .. here's what can be a waste of time.

Edit: about the excel plan... The posted one was a joke but do they really use excel for planning instead of other SW like Jira, Scrum, ClearCase etc..??? o_Oo_O

"fried air" ... thats actualy quite funny, in Czech we have expresion "cooking water" ... every nation have some food related as it seems. :D

Dunno, officialy it was just a joke to show how +/- it looks like ...
But that whole DD seem a bit like a joke. :(

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think that 10-20 rows of text with a couple of pictures about a small part of the game (e.g. the inventory or the Characters progression) along with a big warning "anything may change in the final release" would be enough
They tried releasing all kinds of screenshots and gameplay footage in 2019. In spite of everything being clearly labelled as alpha footage, they were still trolled into oblivion by people who complained about alpha not being complete. Now we all have to wait. :)

It's easy to say "just show anything" but in game development, localisation and final touches that make the UI look pretty can often be the bottom priority. The top priority is programming the guts of the game and making it work. Making it look presentable for release can be something that happens at the very end. They're not going to want to show off a bunch of half finished screens with no localisation strings which leaves a_bunch_of_code_pasted_all_across_the_screen

• 1Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions: