• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
They tried releasing all kinds of screenshots and gameplay footage in 2019.

"All kinds of screenshots" it seems to me a rather big statement. I probably missed the screenshots on character creation, inventory, skills and disciplines progression, mission tree (if any) etc. etc... Can you send me some links?

They're not going to want to show off a bunch of half finished screens with no localisation strings which leaves a_bunch_of_code_pasted_all_across_the_screen

This is from a VERY GOOD DevDiary where the UX designer of Imperator explains how some screens will probably happear in the next release and why they are changing these views ( https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/imperator-dd-102-ui-rework.1432206/ )
Really I found this post very interesting and it didn't seem like "a bunch of code n the screen ".

1610384664006.png

Reactions:
It's easy to say "just show anything" but in game development, localisation and final touches that make the UI look pretty can often be the bottom priority. The top priority is programming the guts of the game and making it work. Making it look presentable for release can be something that happens at the very end. They're not going to want to show off a bunch of half finished screens with no localisation strings which leaves a_bunch_of_code_pasted_all_across_the_screen
Covenient excuses ...
We gived them list of topics we wanted to know something about almost a year ago ... it didnt required single screenshot ... we didnt get anything. -_-

Reactions:
"All kinds of screenshots" it seems to me a rather big statement. I probably missed the screenshots on character creation, inventory, skills and disciplines progression, mission tree (if any) etc. etc... Can you send me some links?

This is from a VERY GOOD DevDiary where the UX designer of Imperator explains how some screens will probably happear in the next release and why they are changing these views ( https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/imperator-dd-102-ui-rework.1432206/ )
Really I found this post very interesting and it didn't seem like "a bunch of code n the screen ".

View attachment 669204
There's a screenshot section on the official website. You've only proven the point, though. They give you something and then you tell them they've given you nothing. Why should they even bother? I do like that screenshot of Imperator that you posted which is mostly crude scribbles as a placeholder. Is that what you want from them? I mean, I could probably do that for you. Open up MS Paint and scribble a vampire, perhaps? lol

Covenient excuses ...
We gived them list of topics we wanted to know something about almost a year ago ... it didnt required single screenshot ... we didnt get anything. -_-
Three people on a forum demanding something does not entitle them to it. Indeed, this is explicitly not the job of a programmer. The job of programmers is to program. New marketing material will come when it is ready. You have been explicitly told this from official sources. Feeona had previously said that they are not just sitting on stuff to show you just to be mean. If they had something ready to be shown, it would be shown.

Everyone is working as hard as they can and they deserve the benefit of the doubt. Developers are just human beings too.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Cute, and what is job of Comunity Ambasador? :p
Aaaaand what is job of whole Marketing department?
An ambassador of any kind does not make policy. An ambassador's job is to relay policy decisions to others on behalf of their bosses. The White House makes decisions and the U.S. ambassador to Japan informs the Japanese government of the White House's decisions.

This should have been evident after all of the times Feeona told you that the official line from the top is that there is nothing to show right now. There's stuff in the works but it is not ready. Marketing people are not magicians. They do normal work with their normal hands. The work is done when it is done.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
Those start sharing when there's things to share. I think it's safe to assume there aren't any. Yet.

And no, no marketing team comes out on a monthly basis to say "nothing yet, maybe next month!". That'd be ludicrous.

Their main purpose is to create hype for the release. A release that keeps getting pushed back. I even doubt they have a date set internally. The problems of this game are way bigger than a lack of promotional material, as shown by the rather considerable reorganisation. Imo, if we get it this year, we're lucky.

Reactions:
I do like that screenshot of Imperator that you posted which is mostly crude scribbles as a placeholder. Is that what you want from them? I mean, I could probably do that for you. Open up MS Paint and scribble a vampire, perhaps
Actually, if someone would describe how the interface has changed from v 0.0.1 to v.0.0.2 and explain the reason behind such a change, yes I would consider a very interesting and meaningful post during the development of a game.
And I'm sorry, but with great respect and friendship, really I don't care too much about your mockups, unless you are involved in the design of BL2 .

Reactions:
The problem, and I see it as an ethical problem, is that they are still offering this game up for pre-order. They are inviting people to throw at minimum $60 (90 for the blood moon ed), and refuse to reveal any of their work they have been doing in the last 6 months! Would even a kickstarter campaign succeed with that lack of transparency? And the pre-order is a promised purchase of a license, a promise that looks more and more likely to be broken. What does that do to the trust in the brand? In my opinion, they need to either show their work to us to some minimal degree, or admit failure and pull the game from the market.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I personally would prefer that they reveal nothing visual. An update on development progress through the use of words, maybe. What the team is currently working on, for example. But that's the extent of anything I would remotely be interested in or hope for from the developer or publisher.

I'm of the mind that until the thing is ready, the focus should solely be on getting the thing ready. Building hype for the game shouldn't come until the game is nearly done (and when I say done, I actually mean done).

Otherwise you are being sold on something that can change at any point during development. Have we not learned our lesson from CDPR's recent blunder? They sold and sold, threw hype on top of hype, begged and begged for pre-order, and then their promises fell short. Along with that, they told everyone it'd be done when it's done, yet kept offering release dates. Anyone else see the irony there? I don't want a release date unless the game is done and it's < three months away.

I would hope as the game is currently still up for pre-order that it is definitively being worked on. I don't need hype material, when the game comes out, I will see it reviewed, and if it looks worthy of my dollar, I will buy it. This innate need for updates from the publisher is baffling to me. If it comes, it comes. If it doesn't come until 2022, so be it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The problem, and I see it as an ethical problem, is that they are still offering this game up for pre-order. They are inviting people to throw at minimum $60 (90 for the blood moon ed), and refuse to reveal any of their work they have been doing in the last 6 months! Would even a kickstarter campaign succeed with that lack of transparency? And the pre-order is a promised purchase of a license, a promise that looks more and more likely to be broken. What does that do to the trust in the brand? In my opinion, they need to either show their work to us to some minimal degree, or admit failure and pull the game from the market.

Blood Moon includes 3 DLC's : 2 story packs and 1 expansion....

Oh well...

Reactions:
Just seeking clarification, not sure what your point was there, since my point was if they cant even get the base game done, they sure as heck wont get the dlcs released.
This was what I mean . They promise a game and 3 DLC... When it's hard top see a game

• 2Like
Reactions:
I will not really lose hope until we are told the game will not come out!

I hoping for a end result like Morrowind.... That game nearly ended Bethesda existence, with delays and people leaving etc....
But; somehow the game ended up being amazing and made Bethesda one of the biggest companies around today.

So I will be hopeful until the moment I see a mess of a game or some sort of cancellation... only then I will hope be lost.

And I am not trying to defend anyone here. Just saying it isn't over till it is over and I will always be a little optimistic (even if I don't show it).

I think this experience hugely lowered my standards ...
Since, when Outstar mentioned Bloodlines 2 in today WoD News show (dont get too excited, she mentioned just that she dont have any news "yet" ... and she kinda promised to shout them at all platforms as soon as she get anything to share) ...

But it felt kinda good, at least we know that we are not forgotten by everyone.
Or at least also not "yet". :D

I think this experience hugely lowered my standards ...
Since, when Outstar mentioned Bloodlines 2 in today WoD News show (dont get too excited, she mentioned just that she dont have any news "yet" ... and she kinda promised to shout them at all platforms as soon as she get anything to share) ...

But it felt kinda good, at least we know that we are not forgotten by everyone.
Or at least also not "yet". :D

outstar mentioned BL2? WOD on YT or twitch and video or comment?

I personally would prefer that they reveal nothing visual. An update on development progress through the use of words, maybe. What the team is currently working on, for example. But that's the extent of anything I would remotely be interested in or hope for from the developer or publisher.

I'm of the mind that until the thing is ready, the focus should solely be on getting the thing ready. Building hype for the game shouldn't come until the game is nearly done (and when I say done, I actually mean done).

Otherwise you are being sold on something that can change at any point during development. Have we not learned our lesson from CDPR's recent blunder? They sold and sold, threw hype on top of hype, begged and begged for pre-order, and then their promises fell short. Along with that, they told everyone it'd be done when it's done, yet kept offering release dates. Anyone else see the irony there? I don't want a release date unless the game is done and it's < three months away.

I would hope as the game is currently still up for pre-order that it is definitively being worked on. I don't need hype material, when the game comes out, I will see it reviewed, and if it looks worthy of my dollar, I will buy it. This innate need for updates from the publisher is baffling to me. If it comes, it comes. If it doesn't come until 2022, so be it.

I think they would be setting themselves up for an even worse backlash if they don't show visuals before you can purchase the game - while I normally don't care about graphics, the quality of what I've seen from BL2 would definitely be a strike against it and it would be even worse if I didn't get a chance to preview the artistic quality before purchasing.

The whole attempts at hype so far have also backfired, so I'm in the camp that while no news kind of sucks, I don't want any more filler development updates (like the last one from production) and I'd prefer they spend time trying to make the game as good as it can be.

Reactions:
Not going to lie but, as the title suggests, every month of radio silence leads me to increasingly believe that this game is not going to be coming out....at least not at any point in the next 12-15 months. Sadly-very sadly-I feel I need to relegate this into the same category as Dying Light 2....."Development Hell".

dont lose hope my man :)