• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
- Non-core territories are now as bad as full occupation territories.

Does this mean... that if we want to keep the benefits of any other occupation policy, we have to carefully avoid annexing? =\ For isntance if we have more than enough resources for our IC - we can always use more leadership...

Or does that mean that annexed territory can now have partisans supressed? :D

Otherwise... all wonderful. Can't wait to get back from my vacation so I can play (how sad is that...)

Amphibious penalty can never go below 99% for any unit

Does that mean its a 99-100% penalty all the time for amphib atacks?

Do Marines & Eng etc not modify this?

Maybe I am reading it wrong

Thank you. Should we expect the patch today?

- Fixed a bug with poor/non-existent build-up of forces on non-front borders

Crossing my fingers ... I hope this means the AI will guard its VP locations and do quality defense in depth so that *when* I break through, it will still be capable of defense. :)

Hm...I've got an oral exam next tuesday. Johan, could you solve this problem, too?

Btw: The patchlog looks really nice. I am captivated to my PC and reading it. But sadly I have to learn now for this fu***** exam -.-

I'm not really too concerned about moving Stalingrad or New York to where they go. If you're an invading army and you reach either one of those provinces (even if they are in the right place), you've already won the war. (In the game). I'm glad they've focused on fixing the fundamental issues with the game. Another patch could be thrown together now at a much more leisurely pace to fix whatever is left or introduced by this patch. More optimization is always welcome, but eventually there's going to be a point at which the game just doesn't get any faster.

There's a reason that they have minimum requirements...

I wasn't even into EU3 back before the In Nomine expansion came out, but from what I understand, EU3 vanilla was a pretty raw product that (from what I can gather) has come a long way since it's release. I'm not expecting HOI3 expansions, but I'm just saying that in time, we're all going to look back at the last month and laugh. Let's hope that's sooner rather than later.

Thank you.

Just wondering though . . .if you could remember the DL path for 1.1c you may then be able to figure out what the 1.2 is . . . . :)

I can't, but it has to be uploaded somewhere before being attached to a post.

I'm just trying to decide - do I go home (no wife or baby so empty and perfect for gameplaying) or stay at work (no staff and close to coke & food resupply for next 60 hours) for the weekend or not. :)

Looks very promising :D

One question though...

- "Japan demands bases in French Indochine" - requires Japan to be in axis instead of alliance

I thought in HOI2 Japan werent in Axis yet when Vichy events fired off?

Good work Johan and all the boys and girls at Paradox .. noticed a couple of MAJOR things missing there unless I'm just not reading it right, but I'll wait for the patch and test them out before commenting on them ..

One thing that concerns me tho (and HOPEFULLY I am reading this wrong) :

(Naval AI)

Johan said:
- Additional checks to make sure it does not invade port-less provinces

What? If that means what I think it means - ie, the AI will take even more effort to focus invasions on provinces with ports and therefore, ignore and not invade undefended territory either side of the port .. ? Firstly, if this is right (and I hope not) - the AI never bothered invaded port-less provinces anyway .. so why more checks? And secondly, isn't this just downgrading the effects of AI invasions if they aren't going to invade undefended port-less provinces?

I do hope I'm reading this wrong!

There was one thing that annoyed me, and I wasnt mentioned in readme (atleast I didnt saw it). When you set some message to pause, when you click OK the game will remain paused. As I set almost all messages to pause it was very, very annoying. Does anyone feels the same way?

This doesnt mean Im not happy with patch, just wondering.

Wow quite an impressive list, thank you Johan and your team for all the effort you put into your software. Some may bitch and moan but as us long time buyers know you support your products fully and that is why we keep coming back. Oh and you piss my wife off with how much time I spend playing HOI and not doing things with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.