• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(17856)

General
Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
This is merely a suggestion, but with the AGC/EEP beta release, and subesequent releases, it'd be a good idea to include a list of event id #s, monarch id #s, leader id #s in the readme file. It'd save a good chunk of time for everyone and help independant scripters alot! ;)

Do we have a volunteer? :)

Originally posted by ribbon22
This is merely a suggestion, but with the AGC/EEP beta release, and subesequent releases, it'd be a good idea to include a list of event id #s, monarch id #s, leader id #s in the readme file. It'd save a good chunk of time for everyone and help independant scripters alot! ;)

Excellent suggestion, get right on it ;)

Re: Re: Re: readme file

Originally posted by ribbon22
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...so much work....Zzzzzzzzzzz

exactly

Originally posted by mnorrefeldt
Good idea, and a helluva lot of work :D
All the IDs can be automatically extracted from the files by simple text parsing, so as long as it is a bare-bones approach (i.e. just IDs with minimal explanatory text), it is trivial to write a little tool to do so.

(Gets slightly nastier if it is also supposed to deal with monarchs, events, and leaders that are commented out, but only slightly).

Originally posted by Peter Ebbesen
All the IDs can be automatically extracted from the files by simple text parsing, so as long as it is a bare-bones approach (i.e. just IDs with minimal explanatory text), it is trivial to write a little tool to do so.

(Gets slightly nastier if it is also supposed to deal with monarchs, events, and leaders that are commented out, but only slightly).

So, we can expect your finished product within a couple days? :)

Something like that already exist. Coders Eventer lists all events in a window, but is not updated with all new commands. You can also read all results and triggers in a nice window. There are some things that would be helpful to add to this already useful tool, like getting the result in as a text list, to be put into a document. Also if it could read all the files in the db at the same time ot would help.

Originally posted by mnorrefeldt
Something like that already exist
Sure, and my IDChecker that I use to ensure no conflicts between army/navy/alliances IDs in scenarios and savefiles does much of the work already as well - but not in exactly the format needed here.

What we need is some programmer with a few hours of spare time (!= me) to write a nice little executable doing exactly what you want. :)

Sure, and my IDChecker that I use to ensure no conflicts between army/navy/alliances IDs in scenarios and savefiles does much of the work already as well - but not in exactly the format needed here.

What we need is some programmer with a few hours of spare time (!= me) to write a nice little executable doing exactly what you want. :)
That would be perfect. As far the programs that already check for id mismatches, I'm not too sure everyone who scripts uses those programs. Speaking for myself (of course), I don't use 'event making/helping' programs (though I probably should). Even though I may be in a minority, I still think some ppl still code the 'old fashioned' way i.e. whipping out the text editor...
Regardless of that, I imagine newbies will most likely begin with the text editor, and having the free ids handy would just help enormously with EEPs.
We're all pretty much agreeing that this is a good idea, and if it turns out not to be too difficult to muster/execute, then, hopefully it will be done...
It's really good to see support & interest on this :)