• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Introduction and Mechanics

El Pip

Lord of Slower-than-real-time
48 Badges
Dec 13, 2005
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria 2
It is 1821 and the delicate balance of the Concert of Europe is threatened, can the Great Powers uphold the terms of the Congress of Vienna? Or will events, or the powers own agendas, undermine the system. It is in the Ottoman Empire we set out scene, with Ali Pasha in revolt, the Greeks battling for freedom and Egypt effectively already independent the Empire if in a challenging situation; the Eastern Question is once again vexing the chancelleries and ministries of Europe.

Welcome to Read Even More About It, the sequel to the moderately successful Read All About It! project. As before the basic idea is multiple authors writing newspaper reports about the same game events from different perspectives, but this time we've added a twist - the most popular Newspapers will drive the story. Every round will end in a 'Decision', the various newspapers will write an article for their preferred outcome and the readers will vote on it using the 'Agree' reaction. The outcome with the most reactions wins and will get implemented for the next round.

As an example the Decision could be 'Does the Ottoman Empire go to war?' If the Albanian Telegraph had a column voting yes to war, and got 5 agree reactions, that would be 5 votes for the war. The Constantinople Mail and Times says No to War and gets 4 agrees, that would be 4 votes against. Net is 6-4 in favour of war, so the Sublime Porte will go to war.

Unlike last time we will be following the Ottoman Empire and not pinging around the world, we will also be following up the Decisions, seeing the consequences and what triumphs and disasters result.

Writers
There is no limit on who can join in or what perspective you write from; underground liberation newspapers, state run press, independent papers, gutter yellow press, anything goes. To help everyone focus on the Eastern Question we would prefer you pick a Great Power (UK, France, Russia, Austria, Ottomans in this instance) or a local power (Egypt, Greece, Albania, Iraqi, etc). Of course if someone wants to write as the Siam Elephant Breeder's Gazette then that is acceptable, but we will be reduce any votes that paper recieves by half to reflect the lack of an Ottoman connection. Basically we are trying to build an ecosystem of related publications, all writing about the same issues and all with a stake in what happens in the Ottoman Empire.

There is a list of existing publications / papers;

The list means you can check if someone is already writing from the same perspective. As before it is perfectly fine to have several slightly different Ottoman state supporting newspapers or whatever, but if you want to be a unique voice this should be a way to check.

Mechanics / Schedule
Game is being played in Victoria II with both DLCs and the most recent Concert in Europe mod as found here. I will be playing the game to my own inscrutable plan except where the Newspapers and their readers have made a definite Decision, which will be faithfully implemented.d

I'm hoping to run a two week schedule. I will play the game over the weekend, upload the save Sunday night and put a link in the thread. Everyone gets two weeks to write their update, then two weeks later I play the next session, upload the new save and we repeat. Links to the save file will be updated as I go if anyone wants to poke at things.

Rules
I have checked with Mr. Capiatlist about this project and the voting does have mod approval.

Please don't use other reactions, it makes it trickier to count votes and can be misinterpreted. Only an Agree counts as a vote for the proposal, any 'respectfully disagrees' will be ignored. Instead, if you don't like a paper's view, we suggest you go forth and start the Dardanelles Daily Star and argue the opposite case. ;)

Any questions please speak up or drop me a PM if you'd prefer. First Decision coming in the next post.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
1st Decision
Greek Strategy - January 1821
The Eunuchs in the Topkapı Palace are debating strategy for how to deal with the Greek rebels. One faction argue only a harsh response will put them back in their place and prevent future unrest. Their opponents suggest a more moderate strategy, making some modest concessions and defeating them through politics and diplomacy so the Empire can focus on other threats.

Ultimately the Sultan must choose, but he is an avid reader of the press and that will undoubtedly sway his decision.

Tickety-Boo 2 - #1
Tickety-Boo 2

pnn6Be66p

An Announcement from His Excellency, Sir Edward Bear

po2Nb4Rcp

I write this in anticipation of my imminent departure of this kingdom to the Great Orient, upon my appointment as Head of the Diplomatic Mission to the court of the Ottomans. As my trunks and cases are packed and slotted away, I find myself alone in an empty office, without tea or recompense. And yet, my mind is afire with possibility. A new dawn rises for Europe, and we British, as its chief architect, must be present amongst the rather more restless commotion of the continent to ensure peace and prosperity.

Never let it be said that I care much for politics and governance however. As I have been known to say before, a lot of nonsense is thrown this way and that about the proceedings of the current establishmentarian export economy and the decline of transparency in the popular press. I do not understand these things, and I do not believe the readers of this kingdom truly do either. When things are fully understood, they are not discussed. No one writes extensive discourse on the letter ‘A’.

So, to put it simply, I had a thought to put down my notes in this little paper, and periodically release the news from Istanbul, the Britisher view on things, and advice and aid for any and all current ex-patriots finding themselves within this bizarre and complex sultanate. I am unsure if this shall be a popular or useful device, though no doubt someone will somewhere gain some pleasure from it, which is all that matters really.

It is not as if I, as British Ambassador, will have much else to do.

I have run out of things to say, and so will end by wishing every reader an awfully nice day or evening, and I hope to have another editorial out whenever the mood takes me. You may in the meanwhile look forward to a host of articles from all manner of lovely and dear reporters from across the Empire and beyond, as apparently, I have quite the diverse support staff at my new appointment.

NB: I apologise in advance to the printer for the honey stains. It simply could not be helped.

Last edited:
Travels in the Land of the Greeks - Book the First
MASTHEAD.jpg

AN ORIENTAL DISPATCH
It is the great privilege of this editor to introduce, for the delight and consideration of our generous reading public, the most recent feuilleton to grace the pages of this humble publication: the assiduous account of an intrepid traveller, journeying through the lands of the Greeks, the Turks and the Arabs, engaged some times as an attaché to the mission of our government to the Porte, and at other times as a gentleman amateur of the august Hellenic culture, from whose origins we might trace all that is noble in our own Christian society! Thus at this time of general and increasing anxiety over the nature of the Eastern Question, as it has been called, both in established political and literary circles, I consider it a matter of particular public service that this journal might render to the people, in making more clear the debates and controversies which wrack the stability of government in Constantinople, at a time when there is no greater desire of the French government than to see the Ottoman Empire strengthened, and through its enduring stability might Europe as a whole benefit from a greater disposition towards peaceable relations towards the powers. In this spirit of public endeavour, I thus introduce with no shortage of pleasure, and without further remark from my own hand, our most intrepid and sensitive correspondent, whose words you shall find, I am quite sure, to be inflected with a great and classical sense of beauty, not to say genius! Here, then, we begin, with the first dispatch from our esteemed man of letters, the noble Monsieur le Vicomte de la Roche Saint-Michel.

Travels in the Land of the Greeks

by

Jean-Maxence-François-Chrétien,
V
ICOMTE DE LA ROCHE SAINT-MICHEL

~ ❦ ~

BOOK THE FIRST

ASHORE AT CORFU—THE TERRIBLE PLIGHT OF THE HELLENIC PEOPLE—THE MYSTERY OF THE VANISHING OLIVE OIL

O! what great and unforetold passions did bestir in my soul when I first set foot upon that blessèd terra firma, the land of so ancient, so noble, so learnèd a people as the belovèd Hellenes, masters of the Ancient world, in whose footsteps now I tread, under such radiant azure skies, made sweet by the light of a benevolent sun, as these which surmount this most favoured of the Mediterranean lands. With no lack of humility, I profess now to go on, as in the manner of Odysseus, forging my own epic path throughout these temperate climes, so conducive to firmness of thought and delicacy of manner; with so enchanting an array of scenery as my constant companion: the obscure green mountains; the seas dark as wine; the rocks of the ruined temples, made low by time in her endless caprice! And thus did my great journey begin under an auspicious sign, heralded so gaily as I was on into the land of the Greeks by Nature herself, bidding me welcome, but a poor and obscure traveller, in search of knowledge and beauty, into her finest and most bejewelled kingdom.

But O! what ravages are committed by the day against this most venerated domain! How she is violated day and night by unquenchable enemies, whose satisfaction is never complete, and who are assigned so grimly their task of devastation; who so flagrantly breach that sacred boundary which God has demarcated around the territory of His most celebrated people! O! but would the Turks relent in their cruel vengeance against this land of the Hellenes, and would that I had the ear of the Sultan I would give him my counsel: by God, relent in your harsh treatment of your noble subjects, the Greeks! For surely no sooner would the Porte bring ruination upon the Hellenic tribes than the entirety of Christendom would be laid low, for what point could possibly be divined for living in a world robbed of that aureate light which has emanated from the Greek province and blessed Europe entire with its grace! I certainly could summon no such motivation, and so unthinkable a prospect as this, of the world rid of the Hellenic influence, sent me into such a deplorable state of melancholy as I approached that first glorious evening ashore that even the notion of dinner was quite beyond me, and I was forced through my lamentable humour to abandon my plans for a solemn feast of nine courses, in commemoration of my landing, venerating the majesty of the local cuisine, and in its place I comforted myself with a meal of sleep, taken where I stood, lay under that gracious sky, adrift within the kingdom of the merciless.

When by God's mercy I had summoned enough strength that I might revive my sanguine demeanour, I called out to my valet, a young gentleman who went by the name of Grégoire, a man of solid and rustic character from the valleys of the Alps, where my ancestors have made their home since the days of King Clovis, and instructed him to fashion a modest meal, of perhaps six or seven plates, selected judiciously from a bill of fare of my own devising, fashioned after many years of dedicated study of the Hellenic custom, with which I would bolster my flagging resolve as I set out onwards on my tour of this land. But alas! no sooner had I made this humble request than I encountered opposition at the first instance, rather in the manner of the great heroes of old, beset by the cruelties of fate at every turn! For it was discovered, o! unhappy happenstance, that our party had quite exhausted its supply of olive oil, and thus there was to be no hope of being prepared a meal of the sort that I had described. I was quite puzzled by this oleaceous absence, for I was certain in my recollections that earlier that very afternoon I had seen not a dozen spoonfuls worth of oil in the kitchen, encapsulated so commodiously within a container of simple glass, made after the fashion of the rustic people of the region, as was their custom, with detailing in the manner of vegetation, and of fruit also, on the obverse side of the article. But nay! Grégoire advised that, alas! I had been quite mistaken, for he had been in the kitchen all afternoon in the company of my secretary, a young man by the name of Jacques-Louis, a figure of sound and robust learning from the town of Geneva, trained in the practice of the horticultural arts, and neither he nor Jacques-Louis had been aware of the presence with them in that room of a bottle of that golden liquor which was my quarry.

Bemused, but undeterred from my lofty and overall goal, I called upon my vast reserves of ingenuity, and proclaimed that it was no matter, for we would feast instead upon breads and fruits, in the manner of the Ancients, and that furthermore this would be an altogether more appropriate beginning to my journey, taking into account the little-known fact, in scant circulation outside of the most storied of philological circles, that olive oil was not in fact present in Corfu until seventh decade Before Christ, which is quite outside of the period of my interest in this journey which presently I make. Taking this fortuitous escape as a sign of great favour, and certain indication that I was to make my odyssey under the protection of all of the gods and spirits of the land, who surely were looking out for my safe passage at that moment, in accordance with the Ancient customs, I burst thankfully into verse, composing extemporaneously as was my wont, articulating a modest dozen cantos in praise of the venerable Bacchus. It was to be a happy stay in this land, I was then certain, and I was surely to prosper from my coming into the Hellenic domain. Thus, contented, I slept, dreaming sweet and perfumed dreams of this joyful kingdom whose shores I now bestrode!

• 1Like
Reactions:
View attachment 651149

AN ORIENTAL DISPATCH
It is the great privilege of this editor to introduce, for the delight and consideration of our generous reading public, the most recent feuilleton to grace the pages of this humble publication: the assiduous account of an intrepid traveller, journeying through the lands of the Greeks, the Turks and the Arabs, engaged some times as an attaché to the mission of our government to the Porte, and at other times as a gentleman amateur of the august Hellenic culture, from whose origins we might trace all that is noble in our own Christian society! Thus at this time of general and increasing anxiety over the nature of the Eastern Question, as it has been called, both in established political and literary circles, I consider it a matter of particular public service that this journal might render to the people, in making more clear the debates and controversies which wrack the stability of government in Constantinople, at a time when there is no greater desire of the French government than to see the Ottoman Empire strengthened, and through its enduring stability might Europe as a whole benefit from a greater disposition towards peaceable relations towards the powers. In this spirit of public endeavour, I thus introduce with no shortage of pleasure, and without further remark from my own hand, our most intrepid and sensitive correspondent, whose words you shall find, I am quite sure, to be inflected with a great and classical sense of beauty, not to say genius! Here, then, we begin, with the first dispatch from our esteemed man of letters, the noble Monsieur le Vicomte de la Roche Saint-Michel.

Travels in the Land of the Greeks

by

Jean-Maxence-François-Chrétien,
V
ICOMTE DE LA ROCHE SAINT-MICHEL

~ ❦ ~

BOOK THE FIRST

ASHORE AT CORFU—THE TERRIBLE PLIGHT OF THE HELLENIC PEOPLE—THE MYSTERY OF THE VANISHING OLIVE OIL

O! what great and unforetold passions did bestir in my soul when I first set foot upon that blessèd terra firma, the land of so ancient, so noble, so learnèd a people as the belovèd Hellenes, masters of the Ancient world, in whose footsteps now I tread, under such radiant azure skies, made sweet by the light of a benevolent sun, as these which surmount this most favoured of the Mediterranean lands. With no lack of humility, I profess now to go on, as in the manner of Odysseus, forging my own epic path throughout these temperate climes, so conducive to firmness of thought and delicacy of manner; with so enchanting an array of scenery as my constant companion: the obscure green mountains; the seas dark as wine; the rocks of the ruined temples, made low by time in her endless caprice! And thus did my great journey begin under an auspicious sign, heralded so gaily as I was on into the land of the Greeks by Nature herself, bidding me welcome, but a poor and obscure traveller, in search of knowledge and beauty, into her finest and most bejewelled kingdom.

But O! what ravages are committed by the day against this most venerated domain! How she is violated day and night by unquenchable enemies, whose satisfaction is never complete, and who are assigned so grimly their task of devastation; who so flagrantly breach that sacred boundary which God has demarcated around the territory of His most celebrated people! O! but would the Turks relent in their cruel vengeance against this land of the Hellenes, and would that I had the ear of the Sultan I would give him my counsel: by God, relent in your harsh treatment of your noble subjects, the Greeks! For surely no sooner would the Porte bring ruination upon the Hellenic tribes than the entirety of Christendom would be laid low, for what point could possibly be divined for living in a world robbed of that aureate light which has emanated from the Greek province and blessed Europe entire with its grace! I certainly could summon no such motivation, and so unthinkable a prospect as this, of the world rid of the Hellenic influence, sent me into such a deplorable state of melancholy as I approached that first glorious evening ashore that even the notion of dinner was quite beyond me, and I was forced through my lamentable humour to abandon my plans for a solemn feast of nine courses, in commemoration of my landing, venerating the majesty of the local cuisine, and in its place I comforted myself with a meal of sleep, taken where I stood, lay under that gracious sky, adrift within the kingdom of the merciless.

When by God's mercy I had summoned enough strength that I might revive my sanguine demeanour, I called out to my valet, a young gentleman who went by the name of Grégoire, a man of solid and rustic character from the valleys of the Alps, where my ancestors have made their home since the days of King Clovis, and instructed him to fashion a modest meal, of perhaps six or seven plates, selected judiciously from a bill of fare of my own devising, fashioned after many years of dedicated study of the Hellenic custom, with which I would bolster my flagging resolve as I set out onwards on my tour of this land. But alas! no sooner had I made this humble request than I encountered opposition at the first instance, rather in the manner of the great heroes of old, beset by the cruelties of fate at every turn! For it was discovered, o! unhappy happenstance, that our party had quite exhausted its supply of olive oil, and thus there was to be no hope of being prepared a meal of the sort that I had described. I was quite puzzled by this oleaceous absence, for I was certain in my recollections that earlier that very afternoon I had seen not a dozen spoonfuls worth of oil in the kitchen, encapsulated so commodiously within a container of simple glass, made after the fashion of the rustic people of the region, as was their custom, with detailing in the manner of vegetation, and of fruit also, on the obverse side of the article. But nay! Grégoire advised that, alas! I had been quite mistaken, for he had been in the kitchen all afternoon in the company of my secretary, a young man by the name of Jacques-Louis, a figure of sound and robust learning from the town of Geneva, trained in the practice of the horticultural arts, and neither he nor Jacques-Louis had been aware of the presence with them in that room of a bottle of that golden liquor which was my quarry.

Bemused, but undeterred from my lofty and overall goal, I called upon my vast reserves of ingenuity, and proclaimed that it was no matter, for we would feast instead upon breads and fruits, in the manner of the Ancients, and that furthermore this would be an altogether more appropriate beginning to my journey, taking into account the little-known fact, in scant circulation outside of the most storied of philological circles, that olive oil was not in fact present in Corfu until seventh decade Before Christ, which is quite outside of the period of my interest in this journey which presently I make. Taking this fortuitous escape as a sign of great favour, and certain indication that I was to make my odyssey under the protection of all of the gods and spirits of the land, who surely were looking out for my safe passage at that moment, in accordance with the Ancient customs, I burst thankfully into verse, composing extemporaneously as was my wont, articulating a modest dozen cantos in praise of the venerable Bacchus. It was to be a happy stay in this land, I was then certain, and I was surely to prosper from my coming into the Hellenic domain. Thus, contented, I slept, dreaming sweet and perfumed dreams of this joyful kingdom whose shores I now bestrode!

Good grief.

Edit: this project is going to be great. Looking like a couple of lunatic ambasadors running around Istanbul talking smack about the Ottomans and trying to get into as much hijinks as possible.

Looking like a couple of lunatic ambasadors running around Istanbul talking smack about the Ottomans and trying to get into as much hijinks as possible.

And probably taking smack too by the sounds of it.

I didn’t think underground libertarian communist press would give me much to play with this time around, so instead I’ve gone for absurd, borderline incoherent parody of Philhellenism. Because why the hell not.

Eagerly awaiting to see if any others drop by with creations of their own, of sound mind or otherwise.

And probably taking smack too by the sounds of it.

I didn’t think underground libertarian communist press would give me much to play with this time around, so instead I’ve gone for absurd, borderline incoherent parody of Philhellenism. Because why the hell not.

Eagerly awaiting to see if any others drop by with creations of their own, of sound mind or otherwise.
Parody would imply this was an overblown account - it strikes me altogether too truly Bryonic to be so.

Parody would imply this was an overblown account - it strikes me altogether too truly Bryonic to be so.

It was, I have to say, something of an arduous task writing the thing. So if it approaches the Byronic I will take that as a job well done. :D

Mind you, God help the sultan if his counsel is coming exclusively from M. le Vicomte and the good Sir Edward. I dread to think what is going to happen to the OE.

Reactions:
It was, I have to say, something of an arduous task writing the thing. So if it approaches the Byronic I will take that as a job well done. :D

Mind you, God help the sultan if his counsel is coming exclusively from M. le Vicomte and the good Sir Edward. I dread to think what is going to happen to the OE.

Sir Edward is a pretty clever bear. I'm sure it'll be fine. After all, there was never an economic crisis in the 100 Acre Wood, or the surrounding area.

The Loyal Greek Newspaper - #1
The Loyal Greek Newspaper:

Our most illustrious Sultan has provided prosperity to the Greeks! The Greek lands should remain under the control of the Ottoman Empire. These rebels are the common enemy of all true Greeks, for they make the Sultan prejudiced!

Yes, the Sultan has a history of oppressing the Greeks, so it makes some sense that rebellion would come, but must it be so blatant? The Sultan is blind - he will not notice underground movements! Err... that is to say, rebellion is a crime against our Lord and should most definitely not occur. The rabble should not be heeded! Greece can't be a mighty nation without access to Constantinople! To suggest otherwise is folly!

As such, only peaceful negotiations will stir the Sultan from his lack of care. He will care more about his loyal subjects's problems if those subjects petition him personally! He is far from a biased source and will most definitely not continue to oppress us! It's not like we are his subjects that have an ancestral feud with him...

Greece can't survive without the support of Thrace and the Aegean Islands, and any independent Greek state would be forced to control Constantinople! The Sultan would never accept these terms for a fully independent Greek state, but, perhaps, he can be convinced to make a Greek autonomous province with these borders? All true Greeks should aim for this, for to do otherwise would be pure folly!

After all, other powers exist in Europe, and all of them would oppress us. If the rebels threaten to gain a backer from one of them, the Sultan might be more inclined to support our proposal...

So, yeah. Greek Independence paper that engages in a lot of doublespeak...

Reactions:
So, yeah. Greek Independence paper that engages in a lot of doublespeak...

Sir Edward Bear is going to be confused by them.

"So...I can have the hunny and this trade deal because the british are such great friends to the Greeks?"

"Yes."

"But I can't accept because Greece doesn't exist?"

"Yes, such a shame it is. Not that we hate the ottomans of course."

"Of course."

"Yes...would be awful if our friends gave us weapons in exchange for further friendship, wouldn't it. Or perhaps not?"

"Wouldn't it?"

"What?"

"What? Can I have the hunny now?"

"Uh...sure."

First week review and I am delighted to welcome @HistoryDude alongside the usual suspects, as has been said a Greek doublespeak newspaper should be great fun and I look forward to it's unique views on future events.

DB's arduous efforts at channelling a deranged philhellene have served him well, the good(?) Vicomte having swayed the most readers towards his policy. I hope it was not too draining and the dispatches will continue, along with some interactions with the inevitably sticky British ambassador.

Totalling up the votes at this half-way point I see we have;
Moderate Policy - 4 Votes
Treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen - 0 Votes

There is clearly a gap in the market for an Ottoman paper that takes a harder line on these matters, so I would suggest aspiring editors to consider directing their efforts in that direction.

DB's arduous efforts at channelling a deranged philhellene have served him well, the good(?) Vicomte having swayed the most readers towards his policy. I hope it was not too draining and the dispatches will continue, along with some interactions with the inevitably sticky British ambassador.

Have no fear, the Vicomte will be seen again. Just as soon as I’ve delved back into some of the least stable parts of my psyche to see what horrors of floridity I can dredge up.

I too eagerly await the first encounter with the British ambearssador.

I've had another brilliant idea. An international inventor's magazine for the certifiably insane Upper class scientist looking to divest his family fortune doing SCIENCE!

Will.mostly cater to the british, french and germans, constantly trying and failing to get their readership to get along despite balloning nationalism, and so white man's burdeny that Kipling end up a leading reporter.

I've had another brilliant idea. An international inventor's magazine for the certifiably insane Upper class scientist looking to divest his family fortune doing SCIENCE!

Will.mostly cater to the british, french and germans, constantly trying and failing to get their readership to get along despite balloning nationalism, and so white man's burdeny that Kipling end up a leading reporter.

I for one embrace our upcoming Caractacus Pott-edited Tickety-Boo supplement.

Tickety-Boo 2 - #2
Tickety-Boo 2
pnn6Be66p

An Editorial from His Excellency, Sir Edward Bear

po2Nb4Rcp

I arrived in the ancient port of Empires amidst much pomp and circumstance. Some form of demonstration or parade, it is so hard to tell the difference, was on-going in the city streets. One of my fellow travellers, a most cromulent and erudite man of high breeding and higher vocabulary, Jean-Maxence-François-Chrétien, spoke at length (as seems his want) on the plight of every poor fellow under the sun.

It seems this Islamic Empire is not perhaps the most outstanding and forwards thinking of places. The dock was overcrowded and smelly. A great deal of oil and fishy things were being thrown around by local hands, and foreign ones too come to think. I must avoid this place in the future. I favour my seafood cooked, and unmoved from my plate.

The Most Gracious and Magnificent Court of the Sultan-King greeted me with no small amount of welcome, and also no small amount of surprise. I did ask had they not been told to expect the British Ambassador at this time, and they agreed that they had, but then all tailed off and looked down at me and then to each other. Almost everyone I met so far has done this.

A delightful local custom, I expect.

My own staff took me in as one of their own with the standard and wholly appreciated efficiency of Britshers the world over. One of the footmen did widen his eyes momentarily at my appearance, but he was soundly rebuked by the head butler for many minutes afterwards. I rather enjoy the most palatial resources we have to work with, though the desk and chair is a little large for my frame. Apparently, the locals have rather comfortable replacements available and they shall be arriving presently.

My Chief of Staff bade greetings to me and my retinue, before setting in with the day’s work. I ate a generous amount of hunny, and nodded. The work has so far exhausted me, but I manage.

Overall, I rather like the city, the post, the condition. It is a good thing, I feel, that I write this account further however, as many have expressed fond remembrances of my time in London. Thus, I declare Tickety Boo open for print, and may our new adventures together begin!

So I am planning to join from next decision
But can I write a sort of proto-newspaper rather than an actual newspaper(Because there were no Ottoman newspapers in the format we know until the 1840s)

So a proto newspaper is just a semi informal paper that a rich Pasha writes and circulates among the high class and displays at various mosques and other buildings