• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Evning

Recruit
5 Badges
Mar 6, 2011
  • Magicka
  • Dungeonland
  • 500k Club
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Magicka 2
Hey guys,

I am hosting a party soon and was thinking of strengthening my party games repertoire and happened upon this gem.
I have a small question though,
I know its possible to have 3 local players play this game as heroes, But what do i need to do to be able to get a forth player in as the DM?
I am playing on steam and currently only have the free edition. I would like some questions answered before deciding from where i should buy this game.

I understand that the DM will probably need another PC, or i will have to use a Virtual Machine and play in windowed mode, but here are some questions that i cant seem to find answers for.

1. Assuming i have another PC, Can i play on both PCs using the same steam account? or do i need another copy of the game?
2. Is the session conducted over LAN(i prefer this to be the case) or over the internet?
3. How do i place all players in one game? All attempts to invite players as a DM opened up the steam overlay.

Your Help is Greatly Appreciated,
Evning.

1. I don't know. Seems like you would need a second steam.
2. I see an option for local in the game, so I would assume that means LAN.
3. I am not sure, but it seems like the only way is a invite through steam.

You don't need to buy the game to test your questions as the free version should be able to suffice for that.

I looked up some of the details of the full access pass and keep in mind, you don't need 2 full access passes. If you wish to play the game with your friends on a single screen you gain nothing from buying 2+ full access passes. The only thing that the passes give are additional stages for adventure mode which does not have a fourth player. Keep in mind that IMO, the far superior mode is the DM mode. I have no idea how well the camera follows 3 players as I have only played the game with the game locked to a single camera.

If you want to buy the entire game and either none or some/all of the DLC but not have any overlap in your payment, buy the entire game on one steam account, and use that steam account for playing adventure mode on and DMing, while using a free account as the heroes account for playing against the DM.

I hope you found this helpful.

Last edited: