• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Vlad123

General
1 Badges
Feb 7, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
I know, the tutorial was useless, the problem is that 2 types of users approach Hoi4.
1) Those who have already played a PDX and know what to expect (Numbers, graphs, lots of things to do ... etc), so they will understand things quite easily because they are similar to other GSG PDX and will rule quickly.
2) Who has never played a PDX. They don't know what to expect, the problem is that they often watch the gameplay but they DON'T UNDERSTAND, not because they are "stupid" or anything, but because maybe they get bored having to learn, when they would learn much more with the classic tutorial. Some time ago I had to help some users who bought hoi4 but didn't understand ANYTHING! I tell the basics, not even how to make a division, how to recruit, how to template (not make a good template, just make a template), how to use ships etc...i.e. the Tutorial should show and how to use ALL THINGS BASIC. Videos are great, but they're not for everyone. I had to help several novices on discord by telling them what to click, why etc... and both me and them complained "40/50 euros and no tutorial". I know that in PDX games tutorials are useless because you learn many things by yourself (and from the community), but PDX, at least a guide on the BASIC actions of the game...Maybe some scenarios that are unlocked with the DLC (to learn what they put the various DLCs)

• 2Like
Reactions:
Dovrebbero convincere persone che sono davvero brave a realizzare video tutorial (ad esempio Quill18) e convincerli ad aiutare a realizzare un tutorial nel gioco.
Yes, much people don't really know how start, in eu4 they choose another system (with things can explain anything etc), but at least u need explain how to do anything of basics...because for a old player, u can explay to a player how to play, to a 2 players, but after u be annoyed if other players say "hey how to train troops? How to change template?What is a national focus? What i do?"

Reactions: