Rapid heir claim strength growth makes the distinction between weak and strong claims meaningless. It should be drastically slowed down

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mindel

General
2 Badges
Jan 23, 2018
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
I got a soiree event and used that to secure myself a decent heir with a weak claim. Within three years, that heir's claim strength grew to strong. This seems to make the entire mechanic of heir claim completely pointless. Although it is amusing to think of a bastard toddler being accepted by the entire realm as heir before they are old enough to talk.

Also, the Burgundian inheritance event trigger condition of having a weak heir will almost never occur with the current growth speed.

Maybe slowing the claim strength growth to something like 10% of its current rate would make more sense. Then it would take a decade or two for a weak heir to finally grow into a strong one.

Right now the situation reminds me of the days when prestige was so plentiful that it was easy to stay at 100 all the time.

• 2Like
Reactions: