• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I got the distinct impression, CatKnight, that you did not expect the conversion to 1.8 to take. You thought your post would 'sorry, folks, game over. Savefiile incompatible with new version.' Sadly it was not to be and you were condemned to play another turn as Mainz. I'm shocked, sir, that the Cardinal Archbishop of Mainz and Chancellor of the HRE would quit the HRE. You actually found a way to hurt the Empire. You left it and helped remove Imperial Authority. Revolutionaries in Nassau 'We want to be ruled by Mitrehead. Mitrehead. Mitrehead. Mitrehead' Mitrehead -I'm right here folks. 'No, we want to be ruled by Mitrehead, only Mitrehead will do. Mitrehead -Yes, I am here, it's me. We want Mitrehead. We want Mitrehead. Mitrehead saunters outside. - I am now in power. Hurrah! Your first totally pointless revolt, CatKnight.

I'd like to see you run Russia, again.

Then, I think you're ready for more Teutonic Knights

Did you know that OTL (and TTL as well) Russia is bigger in area than Pluto?

Yeah. That's that. The absolute absence of wit and relevance to be seen in an AAR comment.

I found it interesting. :)

I found it interesting. :)
Indeed. At some point that will come up in a pub quiz and I will be grateful for knowing it. Assuming of course I remember said fact...

And thus we enter the last age of the the game. What you should do is pick Russia and spend the next 21 years destroying the world. Here, take some inspiration from W. B. Yeats:

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again; but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

This shalt be thine goal.

When we played Portugal, my plan to dominate the African coast was somewhat cheesy: If this game ever did wind up in Victoria II, it would defeat the rush to colonize Africa since no one else would have access to the interior. The change in the map defeated that. Nonetheless, S. Africa could probably use a closer look: It doesn't look like Kilwa inherited provinces it should have, and of course Argentine/English Colombia shouldn't be there at all.

I would be quite interested to see this conversion. Then again, I'm always interested to see a conversion.

Blackfish: I wouldn't be surprised if there were little issues behind the scenes with the conversion, but overall it seems to have taken okay.

Nikolai: Careful! Johan might hear you!

Stuyvesant: Very true! And yes, at least we got one Mitrehead out of the way!

Athalcor: That's kinda interesting (and scary)!

Chief Ragusa: Well, last turn was pre-conversion so I knew I'd publish that. I just wasn't sure if we'd make it into the 19th century!

Hiryuu: I hope so!

Avindian: Me too! It makes Russia much more scary!

El Pip: Just write it on your mug: Russia > Pluto

Andre Massena: Yeah...the conversion didn't go perfectly. I think the real winner is that Norwegian province in the heart of Africa!

Homusubi: We will never forget Kyushu!

LatinKaiser: Hm...total destruction. Interesting idea!

Idhrendur: I may try just to see how the world looks, if I can get a converter to cooperate with Art of War.

INTERLUDE XVII
Decision Time (1800)

Interactivity allowed by Mr. Capiatlist and Qorten. Thanks, guys!

I think it would be fun to change things up for this last walkabout. I randomized six nations, ignoring a few completely unsuitable candidates (protectorates and colonies). Of those six, I selected three countries I would not mind playing through to the end that I think we might manage some fun with.

I would like YOU to choose which of the three. Here are your choices:

AYUTTHAYA

179913Ayutthaya_zpsf796d87c.jpg

Ayutthaya has been the baddest nation in this part of the world the whole game. They bullied Lan Xang pretty thoroughly when we were there, and held their own against all comers. Something happened to wreck them mid-game, but as you can see they're back and in a solid position.

I'm not too worried about Ayutthaya's war with Portugal due to distance. If we go here, we're going to try and mess with Indochina and Indonesia. Brunei and Majapahit are vulnerable, and while Shan and Dai Viet are allied, we're stronger than both of them together. We might even annoy the Ming for an encore.

AZTECS

179913Aztecs_zpsdd4fec13.jpg

I have a soft spot for the Aztecs and Inca surviving the whole game. The Aztecs have been pretty quiet, subjugating Zapotec and Maya early on. To my knowledge they've fought precisely one war and lost.

Aztec has a great local ally in Brittany, and while their tech is a little questionable, they should have the advantage of local numerical superiority. If we go here, we're going to try and give the Aztecs an empire to stand the ages: Take down Portuguese Mexico and perhaps even Dutch Mexico.

NETHERLANDS

179913Netherlands_zps50df9ad8.jpg

Fed by event chains, the Netherlands quickly turned into a world power. They have colonies world wide and just came out of a long war where they humbled Great Britain. They have great allies, some impressive enemies (Brittany and Spain), and have warned all their Imperial neighbors to behave including Mainz.

I can count the number of nations the Dutch can't take on mano-a-mano on one hand. If we go here, we're going to give the term 'Going Dutch' new meaning.

What say you? Where shall we go?

DEADLINE: Saturday, November 8 at 17:00 UTC

Last edited:
Netherlands. They are big, western, and can cause quite a lot of damage in Europe. Moreover, France must be destroyed.

Also, congrats on winning the ACAs. :)

EDIT: If somehow that didn't convince you, here, have some latin:

Ceterum censeo Francia esse delendam!

Last edited:
While I love to see Portugal being trashed - isn't Ayutthaya your arch-enemy from long before? Don't let the dark side get the better of you! Their cake is a lie!

On the other hand, you helped the Dutch get a solid standing in Northern America. And you can trash Portugal as a European Nation, too, so my vote is on the Netherlands. But you must try to remove Portugal from Europe. Or at least make them lose their colonies by driving up WE. And if you have some time to spare do the same with Spain and make them lose Catalan Canada.

Congratulations on winning the ACA!

Well first congratulations. :D

As for which one... I am torn between Netherlands and Aztecs but ultimately I think the former can affect more of the world so Netherlands it is.

EDIT: On further thought how much can you abusing Client States effectively own of Europe in that time?

Last edited:
Aztec.

Also, the EU4->Vic2 converter is being updates to support AoW, so expect the next release to work with your game.

NETHERLANDS!

"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war!"

Congratulations for your well-deserved win!

Aztec and Netherlands both seem like fantastic choices. But after some consideration I think Netherlands is a slightly better choice to end on. You'll have much more choices and directions to take, whereas with Aztec it's just beating up the Portuguese. Also, that Dutch border gore is unacceptable. :p

Netherlands, but if you played the Aztecs I wouldn't lose any sleep. :)