• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That was totaly mean to poor poor Burgundy.
Well done!

I can't wait to see, where you will be send next. Asia or the New World again would be nice.

A very nice move letting Burgundy deal with 27k of wallonian rebels and you did for mitrehead. You integrated Ulm. That was a most satisfying turn. Not epoch making such as being Russia and breaking the Ottomans, but for broken Bavaria, rather an accomplishment.

They paid you a pretty penny and in return you arranged for the natives to throw a welcoming party. How nice of you. ;)

Exploity? Of course! Fun? Definitely! Job's a good 'un. :)

You lived within your means and it paid off! And you got to stiff Burgundy in the bargain! Clearly, Johan approves of your actions in this round.

A very satisfying turn - solid accomplishments with a country that was not in the best shape when you arrived.

Now - on to a one province Asian minor? A tiny trembling neighbor of the Ottomans? Johan owes you someplace special I fear.

Hahaha give Burgundy the rebels :) that was great!

At least Bavaria wasn't a train wreck, you actually managed to help them out a little bit. Definitely looking forward to the next nation you get to play as!

Hahaha give Burgundy the rebels :) that was great!

At least Bavaria wasn't a train wreck, you actually managed to help them out a little bit. Definitely looking forward to the next nation you get to play as!
It would be hilariously ironic if the next nation was Burgundy. :D

The Death of Mitrehead, A Sonnet

After centuries of his awful hat,
Europe is free from his cruel grip at last.
Through terrible struggles and violent fights,
He ruled all Christians; they cowered in fright.

One man who claimed to rule for God above,
Was e'er so vain, his heart absent of love.
He warred and whored and lived in awful sin,
He hoarded gold and promoted his kin.

That man, who was a truly was a hypocrite,
Did think that he could not go to Satan's pit.
With such hubris and pride he did believe,
That he was free to live howe'er he pleased.

But one great knight who called himself the Cat,
Did see the sin and swear unto God that
He would right the wrongs done by the bad Pope,
Or die freeing Europe from his great yoke.

Alas, the brave Cat knight had a good head,
And now lies dead that evil Mitre-head.

Last edited:
On above: oh dear god LatinKaiser.

Too bad you can't just await to the rebels crush (or at least weaken) the burgundian forces then declare war for... Luxemburg!
Ypu shopuld play as the Pope now and seek vengeance against Bavaria...

Andre Massena: Yeah, I noticed. Photobucket was going through maintenance when I posted.

Athalcor: Definitely! Burgundy should be happy. :D

McGrey: Yes, poor Burgundy. I feel so ashamed. Not.

Chief Ragusa: Thank you, sir.

Stuyvesant: I thought Bavaria would be a major headache, and maybe it would've turned into that if we stayed. THAT was fun though.

juckil: Thank you

Chyll: I'm sure it made Ferrarans happy!

Director: Well, we ARE going some place 'special.'

Andre Massena: Only if I'm Catholic.

tnick0225: Always happy to help out my neighbors!

El Pip: But not that much. :)

LatinKaiser: Wow... Wow. That was...that was...

GreatUberGeek: Yeah, what he said.

Storey: Only when it's an Uberpope like you had, Storey.

Hiryuu: It'd be fun, but since I couldn't create Luxembourg as Bavaria, I doubt the option still exists. I have a feeling they'll join the Netherlands if they can. Mitrehead is off the board and hasn't reappeared. I think he's gone for good.

INTERLUDE XV
One Year Celebration! (1765)

Hello, everyone!

Bavaria: We gained two provinces, sold a third, destroyed Mitrehead, annexed Ulm and gave Burgundy a headache. I'm going to put that down in the win column.

As tnick pointed out, we've just passed the one year mark on this AAR. By means of celebration (and reflection), let's take a good look at how our world is doing.

North America
176412NA_zpsda1c2ff0.jpg

It's 120 years since Brittany came back on the map, and 100 since they began colonizing. That's... pretty good. Further, since their capital is about where New Orleans is in our world, there will be no rebellion against the motherland.

Spain has three colonies (Canada, Florida, Louisiana) but their growth has slowed as Spain's stagnated. Still, that hasn't stopped them from colonizing the west coast along with Norway and Portugal (California).

Further south the Aztecs seem to be here for the long haul, while the Caribbean is a mess.

South America
176412SA_zps8668c72e.jpg

The Incas and a number of fairly large colonies including two Colombias (Dutch and British). The UK is currently losing a war vs. the Netherlands, hence all the occupation.

(British) Argentine is truly massive. It's interesting to me how several of the modern real-life South American countries can be mapped to this world. Argentine for Argentina and Chile of course, Dutch Peru for Bolivia, Inca for Peru.

Africa
176412AFR_zps71653a98.jpg

As mentioned last time, notice Mali finally took Kanem Bornu off the board. Also notice Morocco's colonized the corridor leading to Maliese territory.

Russia has outposts along the African coast up to Sierra Leone. It's interesting they went west and built an impressive chain of ports, rather than east into Alaska and Canada.

African Portugal is in the midst of a massive revolutionary revolt. This may be a stalemate: I think the revolters really need Lisbon to impose their demands, and Portugal may lack the strength to fight this off.

As you'll see in this map and the next, the Ottomans dismantled Yemen.

Middle East, India, SE Asia
176412SAsia_zpse69e790b.jpg

The Mughals made solid inroads into central India, but I see Gujarat's reappeared pointing to some weakening. The European colonials here are Portugal, Britain and Russia. Portugal once held Ceylon but apparently lost it.

Ayutthaya may be on the decline again, as it looks like they may have lost some land to Khmer. Lan Na and Lan Xang have stayed on the map.

Oceania
176412OCE_zps3a66ce96.jpg

The big news here for me is that Japan's joined the colonial push in this region. Netherlands and Britain are fighting over Australia, while Russia controls both New Zealand and the Phillipines.

Far East
176412FarEast_zps7f67bdbc.jpg

One thing I'll give Korea: Every time they get knocked down, they manage to claw their way back. They've been a thorn in Japan's side since we ended the Sengoku wars.

(Ming) China is pretty much done as a world power, pushed into the southern regions by the Russians. Really, once Oirat Horde became a Russian protectorate any Chinese ambition of reaching their historical borders were squashed.

Russia
176412RUS_zps45bfc270.jpg

Much as in our world, much of Russia is an underdeveloped, inhospitable shell. Still, well done. Very well done.

Europe
176412EUR_zps02ba6ba0.jpg

Notice who's taken Loire in western France.

Spain is truly a paper tiger at this point, but still too large to be taken lightly. The Ottomans are currently busy thrashing both Spanish Lithuania and Hungary pretty much at will.

France is still alive (barely). So is Orleans and, of course, Burgundy.

Much of Europe is suitably blobby: Britain, Norway, Poland, Netherlands and Savoy round out the great powers. Despite her colonies Portugal hasn't been able to throw their weight around in centuries. Same for Denmark.

HRE
176412HRE_zps5606fc6b.jpg

Losing two members (Ulm and Mitrehead) brings the HRE dangerously close to losing the 'Imperial Integrity' modifier. Palatinate's not really holding up their end as emperor, but with their country split into three it's easy to understand why.

There are a number of smallish powers that are at this point reasonably well balanced: Mainz, Wurzburg, Wurtemberg, even Bavaria might qualify now. Munster has an ace up its sleeve since it still owns Iceland.

The bad boys of this region are, as always, Austria and Bohemia.

WHERE NOW

Okay, Johan? Where now? We've heard suggestions for Asia and the New World, Brittany, the revenge of Mitrehead, perhaps...

Catalan Canada?

OK boys and girls, strap in and let's see if we can start a revolution.

Last edited:
Catalan Canada? Also known as Best Canada.

Catalan Canada? Also known as Best Canada.

Aww, you stole my line :(.

A question, though: Why there is English Colombia instead of British Colombia? I guess that it is because the colony had been established before the unification of Britain, right? (yeah, I don't play EU4...well, thinking of it, I no longer play any PI games except for V2 for my AAR...sad)

So instead of French Canadians in Quebec, it'll be Catalan Canadians :)