• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can we have religion and culture maps please?

Looking at all the unused CASH in the game I wonder what these countries did all the time...Especially Spain should have been able to drown anything in Mercs. They could have flooded all of Europe with them. And then some other countries...The same is true for Portugal. Just imagine both countries uniting(allying) and just buying their way from the Atlantic towards the Pacific!

Yeah, what are they hording that cash for? :laugh:

The takedown of Spain didn't trouble them all that much. Looked to be fun for the Dutch, at least. A satisfying end to the game.

The Venetians were sending a relief force to Constantinople, RepublicanIV, Konstantinos just didn't know it.

The takedown of Spain didn't trouble them all that much. Looked to be fun for the Dutch, at least. A satisfying end to the game.

The Venetians were sending a relief force to Constantinople, RepublicanIV, Konstantinos just didn't know it.

To quote Wikipedia (not the best source but meh):

"The Venetians also promised that a larger fleet would arrive to save Constantine, this fleet would be full of ammunition, fresh soldiers and supplies. This fleet never came."

There were several hundred (primarily Genoese) troops but no major reinforcing army.

The Venetian relief fleet did arrive. It was too late. Ever stopped to wonder why and how so many Constantinopolitans escaped? Mehmet knew the relief fleet was coming and that was why he was so desperate to take the City before it arrived.

The Venetian relief fleet did arrive. It was too late. Ever stopped to wonder why and how so many Constantinopolitans escaped? Mehmet knew the relief fleet was coming and that was why he was so desperate to take the City before it arrived.

No I have not.

However, to counter, from Wikipedia (not the best source but still):
"On the Byzantine side, a small Venetian fleet of 12 ships, after having searched the Aegean, reached the Capital on 27 May and reported to the Emperor that no large Venetian relief fleet was on its way.[73]"

Last edited:
CatKnight, congratulations on yet another fun AAR!

I wanted to let you know, if you hadn't seen it, Resurrection and Rebirth is being honored in the new Veteran AAR Showcase Come on over and say hi to your old friends!

Renss

I saw one person ask this early on, but the only answer i saw was wrong, i at least hope it was since if it wasnt that way no longer works. How does the RNG country selector work, I would like to do this myself and i have no idea how to do so, i know choosing random country will work, to start, but you cant hit the button again when loading a save, so how would i randomly pick all countries after the first?

I saw one person ask this early on, but the only answer i saw was wrong, i at least hope it was since if it wasnt that way no longer works. How does the RNG country selector work, I would like to do this myself and i have no idea how to do so, i know choosing random country will work, to start, but you cant hit the button again when loading a save, so how would i randomly pick all countries after the first?

You should be able to press the button again from a save if it's not in ironman mode

Oh, that's new. I did not know you could download an earlier version of the game. I guess I'll try one day.
It is in game properties under betas, Paradox makes available all final versions of patches starting with 1.4 which CoP was released in. Pretty interesting to see how much the game has changed.