• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

iiIcy

Recruit
2 Badges
Nov 27, 2021
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Prison Architect
How do I get rid of this random power line tower in the middle of my city?

1638017526704.png

Then that tells me that the game thinks it's a separate asset rather than being part of a power line, because power lines always auto-bulldoze.

Are you using any mods?

Yes, I expect one of the mods caused something to go wrong?
That would be the most likely explanation, since I have not heard of this bug in the vanilla game. It sounds a little bit like when you use Move It to adjust the position of a pillar or make a duplicate of it, it becomes an asset separate from the road and has to be demolished separately. But in that case you can still bulldoze it.

If you do have Move It installed, you could try using its multi-select tool to select the tower and then use its delete function.

Reactions:
That would be the most likely explanation, since I have not heard of this bug in the vanilla game. It sounds a little bit like when you use Move It to adjust the position of a pillar or make a duplicate of it, it becomes an asset separate from the road and has to be demolished separately. But in that case you can still bulldoze it.

If you do have Move It installed, you could try using its multi-select tool to select the tower and then use its delete function.
Yep that worked. Thanks.

Use the Move-IT mod. Select the asset then hit the bulldozer in the Move-IT mod, and the power tower will disappear.

I've had the same issue with bridge piers remaining after deleting a bridge. The first time I quit my game and started again and the pier remained, and I ended up going back to a previous save. Another time, just for kicks, I tried the method above and it worked. It beat losing the complex modifications I had just done in that area.