• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I encountered a new one the other day, I think it may have been tied to the world (agroculture). I unfortunately wasn't paying super close attention, but it was something along the lines of 'the locals have agro mechs, they're running poorly, yang is excited to inspect them'.

Pretty sure it was the standard 3 options: No, partial support, full support. I chose the full support option (Yang and his team spend time overhaul the mechs maybe?) and it gave me a pretty good tech boost.
That is one of the events which can happen when spending some amount of time orbiting a planet. I've had that one, and one where Sumire wants to get down on the ground to inspect some ruins she discovered by scanning from Orbit. Think the three options are; 1) Tell her to let it be 2) Tell her she can scan as good as possible from Orbit or 3) Allow her to spend time on the ground inspecting said ruins. Only had it once, and it gave me some morale allowing her down to the planet (no idea if there are other outcomes though)

So I suspect there are various orbital events as well, and the events can be different according to the type of planet. Remains to be seen though.

Cheers :)

There was one about catching mechwarriors skinny dipping in the Argo Pool. I believe I picked "Delete the camera footage" and it gave me either morale +1 or +2. Another option was to reprimand the crew. Not sure what the outcome would have been, but my guess is negative morale.

Also had an old friend contact me from his unit needing parts(I have the Aurigan Soldier backround) and sold him an LRM20 for 150,000. (Wish I could have sold them a lot more weapons as this sure beats the store).

First time event and guess this is a super rare by reading comments above?

Attachments

• IMG_20191126_010618.jpg
    IMG_20191126_010618.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 84
@Baalzach
not rare so much as it is one of the new events added with 1.8

Events are a complicated thing because each choice you have can have multiple outcomes of what happens and it is possible that even if you choose the same options for the same event in different campaigns/careers, you may get different outcomes.

There is actually an event editor included with the game for people to play around with.

To the Events at the Beginning:

- If you have for the first one an Technican take him / her. So you save the 20.000 C-Bills. If not that´s the option.

Organised Chaos
  • Just make do
  • Move only a small amount out (+1 tech point for 14 days, a mechwarrior gets low spirits)
  • Fill every last corner of the ship with supplies (+3 tech points, minus -2 moral) [X, this because you got the Centurion and / or have to upgrade your existing Mechs asap]
The Last Cup
  • Split the coffee between pilot 2 and pilot 3 [X, this because they work much better for the next 30 Days or longer]
  • Give it to pilot 1 (Low Spirits on pilot 2 and pilot 3, minor benefit to pilot 1)
  • Take it yourself (Low Spirits on pilots 2 and pilot 3, -1 morale)
Medical Expenses
  • Buy minimal @5K
  • Ignore
  • Full resupply @25K (+2 medical points for 30 days) [if you don´t have the Chance for Black Market take this]
  • [Black Market] Special Discounts @10K (-1 morale) [X, this if you have the Chance]
Travellers in need
  • Stay out of it
  • Sell them supplies (+30K)
  • Give them supplies (-1 Medical point for 14 days, +1 rep with the controlling faction of the planet you're orbiting) [X, this if you dont have the Pox Antivirals]
  • [Pox Antivirals] Share the Antivirals you've acquired. [X, this if you have them already]
Tying Up Loose Ends

• Kill Rance where he stands (no lasting consequences)
  • Scare him by introducing yourself
  • Let the past go
Poker Night
  • Pass on the game
  • Play casually
  • Play to win (no lasting consequences)
  • Manipulate the game
Ventilation Trouble
  • [$10,000] Replace the fan controllers (no lasting consequences)
  • Distribute portable fans to those affected
  • [$100,000, Manufacturing World] Completely rebuild the system
Happy Accidents

• Destroy the meat.
  • Give the crates of meat to Yang. (-1 Tech Point for 7 days)
  • Task Darius with selling them on the market.
  • [Argo:Hydroponics] Recreate an authentic Triple-F Burger.
Pirates Ambush the Argo

• [$50,000] Pay them off. (-2 Morale)
  • Stall until the Leopard is ready. (One MechWarrior will gain an injury)
  • [Liked by the Restoration] Broadcast for help from system authorities. (Morale increased by +1)
  • [Underworld Friends] Persuade the pirates that you're criminals just like them.
New Holovids
  • Circulate the Holovid chips among the crew.
  • Host a mass viewing in the mess.
  • [Argo: Lounge] Schedule a regular Holovid night. (Two MechWarriors get 30 days of High Spirits) [X, Alternatively this if you haven´t upgraded it]
  • [Argo: Upgraded Lounge] Reserve the private screening room for the senior staff. [X, this if you have it]
Distress Call
  • Stay out of it.
  • Investigate carefully.
  • Mount an immediate rescue expedition. (Morale +1, Reputation with local authority +1) [X, this nothing to mention]
Rumble Seat

• Tell everyone to live with it.
  • Ask Dr. Murad to try again to fix it.
  • [$100,000, Argo: Structural Reinforcement] Finally re-calibrate the Rotation Controllers. (Morale +1) [X, this nothing to mention]
A Few Extra Hands
  • Make do with what you have.
  • [$80,000] Hire the best you can afford. [X, Alternatively this]
  • [$15,000] See what you can get for a minimum rate.
  • [$50,000, Friendly with controlling faction] Take advantage of local connections. (+4 Tech Points for 30 days or they pay you 20.000 to work on your ship and you get +2 tech point) <- They pay you because Yang spreads rumors about the technological wonders of the Argo and they all wish to see it) [X, if you get the Chance]
The ones I had already are marked with the Bold, all others I hadn´t.

A lot of the outcomes you listed are only one possible result and are actually randomly selected. For example, choosing to stall the pirates during the ambush does not always result in an injury. Sometimes you get a morale boost instead.

When you go looking with the event editor, you can see that the devs created some events with multiple outcomes for each choice. So an event with three choices might have three outcomes per choice giving a total of nine outcomes.

Well from what I gathered above it's still a rare ish part and a better pick than a srm6 or something. One of those situations it'd be nice to have a save right before
It is definitely better than my single piece of a Cicada-2A in a Pieces-of-Five game... *grumble, grumble, DAVION-plot, grumble.” : )

It is definitely better than my single piece of a Cicada-2A in a Pieces-of-Five game... *grumble, grumble, DAVION-plot, grumble.” : )
The Cicada is not Davion...
Look to your other neighbors.
QED.

*grumble, grumble Davion-catspaw, grumble.

: )
:rolleyes:
You're starting to sound like a Taurian now... Mediate Samurai. Serenity now, insanity later.

If you didnt want to salvage a Cicada, you shouldnt have hunted one. :p

Wow. Now there is an event giving SLDF mech parts! There is a trigger or its 100% random?
The part is not necessarily SLDF.

But don’t let me stop you! When it comes along, give it a shot then come back and share the story with us. :bow:

:rolleyes:
You're starting to sound like a Taurian now... Mediate Samurai. Serenity now, insanity later.

If you didnt want to salvage a Cicada, you shouldnt have hunted one. :p
davion dark dreams
Sword under a fading sun
bridal music plays

Maaaaan, my pilots are idiots when they are not on mission.

Got em moon lighting with weapons and destroying them. They are fighting with each other, goin on strike and threatening my mech techs, one guy ALWAYS gets the mech hes in TRASHED. Others are off on excursions, getting attacked by wildlife......

Had another guy thinkin hes a ship engineer, arguing with Murad about what to do about vibrations in the ship or something.....

Nothing like 2 pilots being out of action for 30 days right before a big story line mission cuz one guy got sick and the anti virals made everyone else sick to.....

Man these random events SUCK.