• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheTruePhoenix

Recruit
24 Badges
Dec 3, 2013
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Surviving Mars
  • BATTLETECH
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Magicka
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
Thought I could create a post about the random events and their outcomes. I haven't played much so there isn't much to tell yet but I guess we can keep updating this as people post them.

First for me was someone taking panels off in the crew quarters. I chose the option to let them do it which cost me $20,000 but gave me increased moral by +1.

Second one so far has been "Organised Chaos" where Yang wants to move some stuff out of the mech bays with the options of:
  • Just make do
  • Move only a small amount out (+1 tech point for 14 days, a mechwarrior gets low spirits)
  • Fill every last corner of the ship with supplies

I picked the second one which gave me +1 tech point for 14 days but Judge (one of my pilots) got the low spirits tag (can't use abilities as often in battle).

Organised Chaos
  • Just make do
  • Move only a small amount out (+1 tech point for 14 days, a mechwarrior gets low spirits)
  • Fill every last corner of the ship with supplies (+3 tech points, minus -2 moral)
The Last Cup
  • Split the coffee between pilot 2 and pilot 3
  • Give it to pilot 1 (Low Spirits on pilot 2 and pilot 3, minor benefit to pilot 1)
  • Take it yourself (Low Spirits on pilots 2 and pilot 3, -1 morale)
Medical Expenses
  • Buy minimal @5K
  • Ignore
  • Full resupply @25K (+2 medical points for 30 days)
  • [Black Market] Special Discounts @10K
Travellers in need
  • Stay out of it
  • Sell them supplies (+30K)
  • Give them supplies (-1 Medical point for 14 days, +1 rep with the controlling faction of the planet you're orbiting)
  • [Pox Antivirals] Share the Antivirals you've acquired.
Tying Up Loose Ends
  • Kill Rance where he stands (no lasting consequences)
  • Scare him by introducing yourself
  • Let the past go
Poker Night
  • Pass on the game
  • Play casually
  • Play to win (no lasting consequences)
  • Manipulate the game
Ventilation Trouble
  • [$10,000] Replace the fan controllers (no lasting consequences)
  • Distribute portable fans to those affected
  • [$100,000, Manufacturing World] Completely rebuild the system
Happy Accidents
  • Destroy the meat.
  • Give the crates of meat to Yang. (-1 Tech Point for 7 days)
  • Task Darius with selling them on the market.
  • [Argo:Hydroponics] Recreate an authentic Triple-F Burger.
Pirates Ambush the Argo
  • [$50,000] Pay them off. (-2 Morale)
  • Stall until the Leopard is ready. (One MechWarrior will gain an injury)
  • [Liked by the Restoration] Broadcast for help from system authorities. (Morale increased by +1)
  • [Underworld Friends] Persuade the pirates that you're criminals just like them.
New Holovids
  • Circulate the Holovid chips among the crew.
  • Host a mass viewing in the mess.
  • [Argo: Lounge] Schedule a regular Holovid night. (Two MechWarriors get 30 days of High Spirits)
  • [Argo: Upgraded Lounge] Reserve the private screening room for the senior staff.
Distress Call
  • Stay out of it.
  • Investigate carefully.
  • Mount an immediate rescue expedition. (Morale +1, Reputation with local authority +1)
Rumble Seat
  • Tell everyone to live with it.
  • Ask Dr. Murad to try again to fix it.
  • [$100,000, Argo: Structural Reinforcement] Finally re-calibrate the Rotation Controllers. (Morale +1)
A Few Extra Hands
  • Make do with what you have.
  • [$80,000] Hire the best you can afford.
  • [$15,000] See what you can get for a minimum rate.
  • [$50,000, Friendly with controlling faction] Take advantage of local connections. (+4 Tech Points for 30 days)

Last edited:
I picked the option of filling the dropship quarters with as much as possible, got -2 to morale but a bonus of +3 to tech points.

That +3 tech points improved my repair by 2 days on each mech.

On the one about the last of the coffee, I picked the one to give it to Sarnia or whatever her name is. Resulted in some minor benefit but put "Low Spirits" on Medusa and Dekker for 10 days. The result being that it reduced their ability to use Moral abilities during battle.

Pirates Ambush the Argo
  • [$50,000] Pay them off.
  • Stall until the Leopard is ready.
  • [Liked by the Restoration] Broadcast for help from system authorities. (Morale increased by +1)
  • [Underworld Friends] Persuade the pirates that you're criminals just like them.
Pay them off carries a -2 moral penalty (which doesn't make any sense at all).
"Stall until the Leopard is ready" leads to one pilot being in the medbay for a few days, but no lasting consequences.

There's one where Darius finds contraband a/c ammo in the supplies. I didn't hesitate to tell him to keep it rather than report it or return it to local smugglers. He informed me there were no trouble with customs, which was something I didn't even think of.

Triple F Burgers are genuinely random. I've gotten -1 Tech Point, +1 Tech Point, or nothing at all.
Share the holovids is also random.
Save the colonists is also random.

Yep, as @Iry said there are random outcomes that can sometimes be influenced by the tags of your mechwarriors. I had the +X tech points when giving the meat to Yang.

New Holovids
  • Circulate the Holovid chips among the crew.
  • Host a mass viewing in the mess.
  • [Argo: Lounge] Schedule a regular Holovid night. (Two MechWarriors get 30 days of High Spirits)
  • [Argo: Upgraded Lounge] Reserve the private screening room for the senior staff.
This one I've had four times, once i chose to circulate and had High Spirits for 1 crew member, the other three i chose host a regular Holovid night and twice had high spirits for one mechwarrior and low spirits for another (the third time it was high spirits for two mechwarriors)

"Stall until the Leopard is ready" leads to one pilot being in the medbay for a few days, but no lasting consequences.

I'very stalled with no issues. I've noticed differing results on the same random event when choosing the same option, specifically with the crates of meat encounter. There must a chart that the game uses to determine the results rather than a fixed result per choice.

I think most have different outcomes on the obvious choices.

Like others said I had various outcomes for the pirates when stalling for time. Ranging from +1 morale, to injured warriors.

Same with the triple F, handing the meat over to Yang gives various rewards, but I mostly got + morale from it.

The Medical Expenses had it once and bought from the black market, not sure if I got a penalty but I got the message that there is an outbreak on the planet and the medicals we got were to help them, and now there are thousand of dead because of us. As I said not sure if that came with a -1 morale as well.

On Distress Call I also got injured mech warriors some time when mounting an immediate rescue as the other ship blows up when we are near.

Poker Night playing casual has so far always given me +1 morale

Not sure how the event is called I got one where you pick up, some wounded mercenaries, and one of them is an old friend (I have the inner sphere mercenary trait on my character).
Options are the usual to help or not help. If you give them full access to your medbay you loose some med points for a few days.

Had an event not on the list, tied to Player background Merchant Guard: (Ican’t remember the exact wording)

Ran into an old friend that had a Client back out of a deal:
Buy Medical Supplies
Buy Technical Supplies
Buy Hydroponics Supplies 70,000 C-bills. (+2 Morale)
Apologize and say there is nothing you can do.

I also ran into another old friend who needs some help.
I do not remember all options, but you can:
give him medical supplies (- medpoints)
sell LRM20 (stock model only!) to give him some heavy firepower (+150.000 CBills)
and at least two other options.

Some Poker night results:
- play to win yielded me some minor money
- play casually always yields some +morale
- manipulate yielded either +morale (surmire/Darius wins) or +tech points (and -200C) if Yang wins
- pass on has no consequences

Stalling the pirates till Leopard is ready also yielded me some -tech points due to hits to the mech bay or something and often injured Mechwarriors, very rarely +morale

Stall until the Leopard is ready can also just result in driving the pirates off with no one in the medbay.

If you give the triple F burgers to Yang you can get +1 morale.

Distress Call Investigate immediately can result in -1 morale as the ship blows up while you are rescuing people.

There can be multiple result for the same choice.

I'll just add the ones I remember. Some are a bit random.

The Last Cup
  • Split the coffee between pilot 2 and pilot 3(both pilots get high spirits)
Poker Night
  • Play casually(+1 morale)
Happy Accidents
  • Destroy the meat.(No lasting consequence)
  • Task Darius with selling them on the market.(-1 or -2 morale...can't remember which, and you got no money for it)
  • [Argo:Hydroponics] Recreate an authentic Triple-F Burger.(+2 morale)
Pirates Ambush the Argo
  • [$50,000] Pay them off. (-2 Morale)
  • Stall until the Leopard is ready. (One MechWarrior will gain an injury or -1 tech points)
New Holovids
  • [Argo: Lounge] Schedule a regular Holovid night. (Two MechWarriors get 30 days of High Spirits or one mechwarrior gets high spirits and the other low spirits)
  • [Argo: Upgraded Lounge] Reserve the private screening room for the senior staff. (+1 or +2 morale...can't remember which)
Distress Call
  • Investigate carefully.(gain 10,000 or +1 rep or no lasting consequences)
  • Mount an immediate rescue expedition. (Morale +1, Reputation with local authority +1, or -1 morale for getting there a fraction of time to late and witnessing their deaths)
Rumble Seat
  • Tell everyone to live with it.(no lasting consequences)
  • [$100,000, Argo: Structural Reinforcement] Finally re-calibrate the Rotation Controllers. (Morale +1)
A Few Extra Hands
  • [$50,000, Friendly with controlling faction] Take advantage of local connections. (+4 Tech Points for 30 days, or they pay you 20.000 to work on your ship and you get +2 tech point) <- They pay you because Yang spreads rumors about the technological wonders of the Argo and they all wish to see it

Same with the triple F, handing the meat over to Yang gives various rewards, but I mostly got + morale from it.
There's a 4th option regarding the triple F burgers once you've unlocked the hydroponics garden (spelling?) Choosing that option, gave me morale as the crew made them some genuine triple F burgers :D

I've had a event where you get a call from a merc you used to work with that's fallen on tough times. I think the choices were something like:
- Don't provide any help
- Let them use the argos facilities to get back into shape
- Have XO see if he can fish up some work for them (required friendly with locals)

Did the work one and they gave me $100k

I think it requires you to have inner sphere merc (maybe freelancer... don't remember which playthrough it was). I'm pretty sure there are a couple that only trigger based on your background, like 'Tying up loose ends' only shows up if you choose betrayed.

I encountered a new one the other day, I think it may have been tied to the world (agroculture). I unfortunately wasn't paying super close attention, but it was something along the lines of 'the locals have agro mechs, they're running poorly, yang is excited to inspect them'.

Pretty sure it was the standard 3 options: No, partial support, full support. I chose the full support option (Yang and his team spend time overhaul the mechs maybe?) and it gave me a pretty good tech boost.

Last edited: