• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

noldorin

Captain
20 Badges
Apr 4, 2017
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
Recruiting Rajputs is now very difficult. I used to build armies made up of them. We would hire a rajputu for each of the Hindu regions. The current system is extremely useless. In the current system, if the force limit is 100, I can only get 15 rajputs if the rajput estate land ratio is 30%. Access to the unit in early game is almost impossible. The old system was better.

Reactions:
I agree. I think this is also a problem for the other special unit types as well. I know banners and streltsy are fine, probably cossacks as well since you get more of them and mostly use them for cavalry but for all the rest it's too damn hard to recruit enough of them to make an impact unless you're a WC-tier blob and by that time it does not matter that you can field one extra strong army.

Reactions:
It is a problem. Though I recently discovered a tactic that I used to get the Maharana Pratap achievement. If you give the Enlist Purbias privilege to the Rajputs, the 5% crown land it takes goes directly to them. So, if they have high enough Loyalty, you can grant the privilege, revoke it, and re-grant it -- increasing their land share greatly. Throw in some seize land here and there (to pull land from the other estates), and soon almost all of your non Crown Land is owned by the Rajputs.

Reactions:
It is a problem. Though I recently discovered a tactic that I used to get the Maharana Pratap achievement. If you give the Enlist Purbias privilege to the Rajputs, the 5% crown land it takes goes directly to them. So, if they have high enough Loyalty, you can grant the privilege, revoke it, and re-grant it -- increasing their land share greatly. Throw in some seize land here and there (to pull land from the other estates), and soon almost all of your non Crown Land is owned by the Rajputs.
Yeah this was the strat people came out with soon after release, but its still annoying you can't get a good size army of rajputs of cossacks until mid game, as you'll want to be getting the +1 monarch point privleiges ASAP

• 1Like
Reactions:
Problem is that you cant sell or buy land from chosen estate. If i could grab land from merchants and than sell land to cossacs ... In my current Mewar game i took all crown lands from estates than use enlist purbias (so only Rajputs had land). After that i sold almost all land to them. Problem with this strategy is time. I got my Rajput army after 1570 so i had only few years to have fun with them ...
With polish cossacs is even worse due to time, usualy i have 100% CL in 1590 ....

• 2Like
Reactions: