• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Chipbeam

Private
16 Badges
Jun 26, 2019
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
Rainbow Butterfly Paradise, Prologue

upload_2020-2-12_11-36-36.png

---

“♪Do you believe in magic in a young girl's heart? how the music can free her whenever it starts (from her life), and it's maaaagic! if the music is groovy, it makes you feel happy (very dead) like an old time movie! (horror film), I'll tell you about the magic (nuclear fire), and it'll free your soul (very painfully), but it's like trying to tell a stranger 'bout rock and roll! (by burning them to death)

If you believe in magic (burning armageddon), don't bother to choose (resistance is futile), if it's jug man music (heads landing in jugs) or rhythm and blues! (of dying screams) Just go and listen, (or we'll make you listen) it'll start with a smile! (as we burn you alive) it won't wipe off your face no matter how hard you try (water won't work) your feet start tapping and you can't seem to find (a way out), how you got here (we laugh at your despair), so just blow your mind (or we'll blow it open for you) ♪”

---

Blessed Beginning wasn’t always so colorful. Once upon a time, other Butterflies lived! They lived dreary lives, without music, without magic, without rainbows! How they could stand it we have NO idea, but we knew a solution! Gearing up our beautiful rainblowers, we brought color and rainbows to their life! Though they resisted at first for some weird reason, their laughter as they felt our rainbows for the first time was music to our ears, and we continued to share it with everyone on Blessed Beginning under the gentle guidance of our High Rainblower.

Eventually, however, there was no one left to share it with. Everyone lived a happy life of rainbows and magic, and so we named ourselves “Magok.” From there, we decided our path lies in the stars, to bring magic and rainbows to all life in the galaxy! With the advent of the hyperdrive, we have finally reached them! Our real mission begins now!

---

Rainbow Butterfly Paradise is a Stellaris AAR documenting the journey of some magical (murderous) Butterflies that want to befriend (exterminate) everyone in the galaxy with sunshine and rainbows! (atomic fire)
I already have some 30 years or so of it played, so expect updates soon.

Mods used:
- Stellaris Immortal (main overhaul mod)
- Expanded Colours [180 colours]
- Yet another Stellaris Friend (empire name mod)
- UI Overhaul Dynamic
- Even thinner borders
- Astronomical Emblem Pack
- Softer Hyperlanes
- Static Buttefly Portraits (the portraits in the image above)
- Butterfly namelist
- Insults and Injuries
- Random species names
- Flags: Emblems and Backgrounds
- More Insults
- Stellaris Performance Mod and Submods

Last edited:
Haha, cool. :D Very...unique. ;) Welcome to AAR writing (even your first post I see!). :)

Haha, cool. :D Very...unique. ;) Welcome to AAR writing (even your first post I see!). :)

Thanks for the welcome! Lurked here for a while reading AARs, and this empire idea amused me enough I decided to try my hand at it. Hopefully it won't dissapoint!

This might just be the fastest I've ever gotten hooked on a new AAR. Nicely done!
Thank you! Hopefully I'll be able to post the first chapter later today.

Thanks for the welcome! Lurked here for a while reading AARs, and this empire idea amused me enough I decided to try my hand at it. Hopefully it won't dissapoint!
I'm sure it will be a blast! :) Pro tip for getting readAARs by the way, a proven success: Be active in commenting on other's AARs and have a link to your AAR in your sig. Activity breeds activity. :)

Chapter 1: From Blessed Beginnings

---

“Denizens of our glorious paradise! Today, we take the first step towards our grand purpose! With the launch of our first hyper drive ships, we can reach the stars! Let us join our wings together in unity as we prepare to bring COLOUR and MAGIC to those living among the stars!”

---

Slowly but surely we explored our home system! Seeing our 3 stars up close and all of the other planets in our solar system was so exciting, and there are other systems too! They’re up for the taking, and there is so much to explore, too! But first we had to deal with a domestic situation at home. We’re a rather frugal lot, arguably even wasteful! After all, who needs to be conservative when it comes to having fun? Unfortunately, though, supplies have been starting to run low for the past few years! But a global effort to build engineering factories that make our critical supplies for enjoyment helped solve that for now.

upload_2020-2-12_15-3-53.png

The following few years were exciting for us! We found new systems, and even a black hole! The scientist who discovered it, Rubiz, named it “Blorg’s Bane” for some reason. We think he may have taken too much rainbow power when naming it, but what’s life without a bit of fun? ~
However, the main point of interest for us is a new planet we can inhabit! A brand new frontier all for ourselves! All across Blessed Beginning ruffles of excitement could be seen, and the colonization program had hundreds of thousands of volunteers! Accepting them all, they left to colonize our first world. We named it “New Shelter”, our new home among the stars! And in celebration, we renamed the star it orbits “Colour”!

upload_2020-2-12_15-4-4.png

After that, however, we decided we need a focus. Her Shininess High Rainblower Flower of Paradise met with her closest advisers and her daughter, Senior Rainblower Flower of Paradise the second. From there they decided that a technological focus would be important for the future, so we can get bigger and better rainblowers to use on our future friends!

upload_2020-2-12_15-4-12.png

Not long after that, however, the inconceivable happened! We met new friends in the Olum system! (who comes up with these names, anyway? Methinks the silly scientists shouldn’t be in charge of names.)
They even greeted us with some fireworks! Weirdly fleshy fireworks, but still fireworks. Our scientist immediately jumped back to our space in order to tell us the good news!

We decided to wait before showing them with fireworks in return, though. As friendly as they are to us, we only have a few ships! Deciding 10 corvettes to be enough, we start producing ships while expanding our economy. However, while that was happening, we made an even more amazing discovery!

upload_2020-2-12_15-4-52.png

GASP! The ruins of an ancient civilization in our space! They called themselves the Cybrex! We’re excited to discover them, but excavating random rocks and such for the moment is a big investment, so we’ll investigate them later.

Not long after that, our colony on New Shelter was up and running! The High Executioner decided to focus on energy and agriculture for this world to help support our economy back on Blessed Beginning.
Soon our Rainblower ships were ready, and we could at last return the favour to our new friends!

We shared our new fireworks with these strange new friends, and even some laser pointers! The ships closest to our new friends could feel their laughter as we played. They even gave us some parting gifts!

upload_2020-2-12_15-6-15.png

From there space continued to show us mysteries! From an atomic clock counting down to a day 42 years away, how strange! An engineer mentioned that date being the meaning of life of life or something weird like that, however. Not willing to allow such superstitious belief from the old and boring days of our people, we purged him of it with rainbows! He’s much happier now.

Slowly we expanded, expanding our science as we could with limited resources and building more rainblowers for when we eventually meet organized groups that aren’t us, and exploring all of the mysteries of the universe! It’s all so very interesting! We even found an abandoned spaceship, though sadly we found nothing of interest there. In fact, outside of our floaty friends we haven’t found any other life yet. That changed, however, when we found a living rock!

upload_2020-2-12_15-6-41.png

It seemed to be trying to communicate with us! The team we sent in to try and communicate with it accidentally ended up killing it though, and we didn’t even get to shower it with rainbows! How sad… maybe one day we can make a rainblower big enough to use it on an entire planet at once? Imagine how much joy we could spread using that!

Our considerations on the idea and the nature of rainbows (maybe there is a pot at the end of it? Should we find out?) were cut short when we found an alien space station though! While it isn’t the same as an entire empire of friends to share our rainbows with, it still causes for celebration! They introduced themselves as the Curators! Try as we might though, they don’t seem to like us very much… we don’t know why. But we’re kind butterflies, we’ll share our rainbows and fireworks with them anyway! Just later.

upload_2020-2-12_15-8-18.png

Not long after that however we were brought out of our stewing because of a grand discovery: A second habitable planet! … right next to our homeworld that we somehow didn’t notice. How drugged are our scientists, anyway, that they missed it up until now? Oh well! A second colonization fever swept our home planet and a colonization ship was sent at once! And we discovered some faaaancy new materials. These spicy motes (great for food!), gases that get us really high (it’s the new popular drug on Blessed Beginning!) and these shiny new crystals that make for great decorations, as well as some weird stuff we can’t extract called “Dark Matter”, once again proving our scientists have terrible tastes in names.

We finished off our technology improvement program with startling new reforms to education! It turns out letting students get high off of those new gases increases education efficiency immensely, resulting in much more skilled scientists as well as leading to improvements in all other fields as well!

upload_2020-2-12_15-9-30.png

As we continued exploring the galactic north and south, we eventually came across even more space friends to eventually cover with rainbows! These ones call themselves “the artisan troupe”, proving that our scientists aren’t the only one with a terrible naming sense. Terrible name aside, given this new group doesn’t want to be our friend either, we’ll just have to make them our friend later! But for now, expansion. We even got an extra science ship from some sort of dimensional mishap! We’re not sure if that actually happened or if they were just fever dreams, but who cares when we gained a free science ship out of the deal? Or maybe they came out of that one wormhole we discovered. We’re not really sure about that one.

Afterward we found an underground vault! Even now we don’t know what it contained. Candy? Fireworks? Unfortunately when we went to investigate the vault collapsed, and any precious candy that may have been there was lost. A period of empire-wide mourning was called for the loss of an amazing opportunity. That mourning didn’t last though, as we found more of our floaty space friends to share fireworks with! These ones also gave us a parting gift, how nice of them!

On the sidelines, our research was going well. Our empire watched with bated breath as we revealed our new discovery!

upload_2020-2-12_15-10-35.png

We did it! We contained Rainbows in a metal case! These rainbows in a jar will allow us to share rainbows with our space friends much more efficiently! All across the empire, Magok could be found calibrating our glorious future.

And it was during the height of our celebrations that it finally happened. We found a new empire to make friends with, here in the stars. The Takema Enterprises, located to our galactic southwest! Their ability to share fireworks seemed very weak compared to us, but that’s okay. We’ll give them a demonstration so they can learn from our example!

upload_2020-2-12_15-11-8.png

upload_2020-2-12_15-12-2.png

---

“Esteemed Officer Rhizome of Ebony! I am High Rainblower Flower of Paradise, and we are here to shower your worlds with rainbows, fireworks, and magic! We wish you luck in exchanges to come, that your own rainbows shine bright!”

On the communications screen, Rhizome of Ebony was clearly nervous. Gathering himself for a moment, he looked to consider something himself before throwing away his pride and starting to beg. “Now see here… surely it doesn’t have to come to that? We know full well what you mean by “rainbows”! You don’t need to completely wipe us out, please don’t -” however, before Rhizome of Ebony could continue Flower of Paradise cut him off.

“Don’t worry! You’ll enjoy it in the moment, I promise! Once it’s over, you’ll be just like us! Your world will have colour and joy! Now if you excuse me, My daughter and I have a party to attend to. Good day, Rhizome of Ebony!”

With that, communications were shut down. Turning to her daughter, the high Rainblower opened the door. “Come, Flower, I’ve heard they’re serving moted apples at the party today!”
The two of them went about their normal lives, completely unaware of the pandemonium in the council room of the megacorp they just declared war on.

---

To come in chapter 2: The war with our new neighbor and getting to know the rest of the neighborhood! The current year is 2221, with the current galactic scene being me in the south eastern corner of the map with our new friends to our south west.

Attachments

• upload_2020-2-12_15-4-30.png
    upload_2020-2-12_15-4-30.png
    4,9 KB · Views: 7
  • upload_2020-2-12_15-7-28.png
    upload_2020-2-12_15-7-28.png
    330,9 KB · Views: 9
  • upload_2020-2-12_15-8-0.png
    upload_2020-2-12_15-8-0.png
    331,3 KB · Views: 7
  • upload_2020-2-12_15-14-43.png
    upload_2020-2-12_15-14-43.png
    755,5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
We did it! We contained Rainbows in a metal case! These rainbows in a jar will allow us to share rainbows with our space friends much more efficiently!

Laughed so hard my throat hurts! I daresay the Blorg would be proud of these butterflies!

Fantastic! Is there no limit to the joy of rainbows? :D

How innocent :)

...can't be guilty if there's nobody to accuse you of wrongdoing, of course...
UNLEASH THE RAINBOWS! THERE WAS NEVER EVIDENCE IN THE FIRST PLACE, ONLY JOY!

Genocidal space butterflies who hide their true intent behind happy euphemism and mild gas addiction? This is an excellent idea and I look forward to it continuing. :D

This is perhaps the best AAR I have ever read! RAINBOWS :p