• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I guess it will be some kind of Railroad-Tycoon-SidMeiers-Pirates-Crossover in which you can decide if you want to be a Tycoon or an (group of) Bandit(s) who ambush trains or both (Dr. Jekyll-Tycoon and Mr. Hyde-Bandit).

Of course a strategy game in which you have to make strategic decisions on a great map but in which you are also able to zoom in until its First-Person and you either sit in your office or just riding your horse and raid the next passing train (of an rival company).

I'd love a Railroad tycoon spiritual successor, but looking at the Romeros careers, neither of them seems to have experience in builder-type games.

But Colossal Order could do something like this. They did Cities in Motion afterall before Cities Skylines. So a Railroad Builder wouldn't be so farfetched at all.

A megacorp gsg would be cool you could fight with other corps in private wars but it would also focus on economics. It could also include characters for company politics and assassinations etc.

The only two clues we have is a screenshot showing the County of Verdun in CK2 from a Paradox dev (unless that's meant for another upcoming game) and that bit of the soundtrack. Verdun was famous for being the site of a WW1 battle, but the music while being era-appropriate sounds way too upbeat for any kind of war game. It does sound appropriate for some kind of tycoon or simulator game, that I would agree. Now that I think of it though, there was a WW1 scenario in Sid Meier's Railroads so maybe that's how the two fit together? Running trains for the war effort?