• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
With FLASHPOINT releasing in just hours and so many returning and new gamers here on the BATTLETECH forum, I want to let you all know that we’ll be having a FLASHPOINT tournament in just two weeks.

Two weeks EXACTLY from FLASHPOINT’s release, the Ragnarok End of Year tournament will kick off.

Registration is already open at Challonge: https://challonge.com/Ragnarok_Year_End_Tournament

Come on out and give BATTLETECH Multiplayer a try!

And for all our returning BATTLETECH gamers, especially those 91-gamers who participated in the Valhalla’s Tournament of Champions, a BATTLETECH Launch Tournament, come on out join us again. The Ragnarok and Valhalla Torunaments are held annually and are great ways to break into the competitive BATTLETECH Tournament scene.

I hope to see you there.

And as ever, good luck and good FLASHPOINT gaming!

Last edited:
HBS is working on the bug that prohibits FLASHPOINT and non-FLASHPOINT owners from playing BATTLETECH Multiplayer against one another.

I hope they can resolve this prior to Ragnarok kicking off on 11DEC.

We also have FLASHPOINTS Tropic Biome Arena Map! : )

Hello TIDE BAY!

FLASHPOINT Tropic Arena Map.png

I'll be vetting it for Tournament Play in the days to come... paying particular attention to the advantage Jump Jets give a Player given those cliff faces on the high-ground to the center of the map.

More to follow...

Great timing I will just be finishing up finals when this gets started up. And I am not working nights anymore so much easier for me to play matches on the weekends.

Great timing I will just be finishing up finals when this gets started up. And I am not working nights anymore so much easier for me to play matches on the weekends.
Sounds good and a little Big Stompy Mech Tournament Action to relieve some Finals stress sounds like a might fine idea. : )

Good luck, Good Sir. :bow:

So. 11th tomorrow and no fix on the horizon.... whats the agenda now?
This tournament has always been a FLASHPOINT tournament.

FLASHPOINT works.

The tournament moves forward. :bow:

Welcome and good luck to our eighteen Ragnarok Year End BATTLETECH Tournament Participants!

The brackets are now locked and participants / Community Members can make predictions for the next few hours, until the Tournament begins at Midnight tonight, HBS-Time (Seattle, West Coast USA): https://challonge.com/Ragnarok_Year_End_Tournament/predictions

Your Ragnarok Participants are:

@sounderdisc
@Raxxel
@Seolfor
@Skwyrm
@Whiiite
@Mechwarrior Horus
@Catflap
@Lilith80
@KaiLui
@Anaro Sunfire
@soulwreav3r
@Tindalos
@Minmaximus
@Cyk_Starwind
@WilliamVonBillhelmHelmet
@Zakhodit
@Salamitur
@GridLink

The following update has been added to this thread's OP as well:

Ragnarök will be using Tide Bay, FLASHPOINT'S Multiplayer Arena Map. Turn Duration is 90-seconds.

Players have 10 rounds to position themselves around Tide Bay's central Volcanic Caldera and be within Radar contact of one another. From then on out the Caldera is a possible Victory Condition that MUST be given due consideration.

There are two ways to win a Ragnarok Tournament match, the player who eliminates his opponent's BattleMechs wins the match.

Also, the player who takes the Caldera (by locating a Mech on the Caldera) and can provide a Round-11 (or later) No-Radar-Contact screen-capture, wins the match. In this way, even though Tide Bay is a very large map, a combat presence MUST be maintained at the Caldera. Moving to the edge of the map to gain map edge advantage will result in a loss. Also the potential for map edge grieving is eliminated as a Round-11 (or later) screen-capture submission will win the match for the gamer who claims the Caldera.

If anyone has any questions about this Tournament Rule, please raise them in thread or in a PM to me as soon as the question or problem arises.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter. :bow:

And as ever, good luck and good FLASHPOINT gaming!

Last edited:
With nine of our seventeen Ragnarok Matches already complete, we have passed Ragnarok’s mid-point. :bow:

I’ve given due consideration to the timing of our tournament during the Holiday Season and the need for gamers to spend time with their families and loved ones. But for two of our matches (@WilliamVonBillhelmHelmet and @sounderdisc ‘s, as well as @Skwyrm and @Whiiite ‘s) the time has come for either and update as to when your matches will be held, or for me to adjudicate a Winner and for the tournament to move forward.

BATTLETECH Tournament Matches are meant to be decided in-game, between both participants and not by adjudication.

But in the interests of time and in full consideration of our other tournament participants, I must now move to conclude both of the above matches within the next 72-hours.

@WilliamVonBillhelmHelmet, @sounderdisc, @Whiiite and @Skwyrm, you have 72-hours to hold your respective matches or to contact me and let me know of your efforts to hold your match. After 72-hours, if you’ve not yet been able to do so, I will adjudicate both matches and the tournament will continue. If a match can be scheduled and agreed to by both participants a short 24-hour extension past the 72-hour suspense will be considered, but participants must ask for this extension by the end of the 7-hours.

For all those able to hold your matches already, thank you one and ALL. :bow:

Our Ragnarok Tournament will see us closing our the current Year and ringing in the New Year, in the best of Big and Stompy BATTLETECH traditions!

And as ever, good luck and good gaming!

Last edited:
Juuusst popping in the thread to link my paradox account to the tournament. I reached out to White.
Thank you, Good Sir. Your proactive efforts to resolve your match have been noted. Thank you again. :bow:

Real Life often throws all manner of challenges our way. If for any reason a participant needs to step aside or falls dark and cannot be reached, we'll adjust accordingly and drive on with the tourney.

Congratulations to @WilliamVonBillhelmHelmet, @Catflap, @Anaro and @Minmaximus as they move forward toward the conclusion of our Ragnarok Tournament.

Semi-Finals and Finals may begin just as soon as the participants are ready.

Good luck and good gaming to you all! :bow:

Ragnarok 2.png

Due to unforeseen circumstance the Ragnarok Finale had been delayed. But that delay is at an end. Tonight will see Ragnarok’s concluding match!

Join me in watching @Minmaximus and @WilliamVonBillhelmHelmet dive into some Big and Stompy Combat!

Initial match details are included below with additional details to follow as they become available. :bow:

845DE868-E098-4193-9010-EFB68682FD20.jpeg

Great match, friendly banter and very FUN to watch. My thanks to both @WilliamVonBillhelmHelmet and @Minmaximus. :bow:

Congratulations to WilliamVon, our Ragnarok Champion and Minmaximus, our First Runner Up!

Well done to you both. : )

50A2B651-48EC-446A-98BD-0C45A8A7A6A9.png

@Prussian Havoc when is the next tournament?

I've got rust to knock off.
Great question, Good Sir!

Let’s see how much interest is generated here on the forums, in discord and elsewhere. But there is an ideal opportunity to kick off a new tournament about two-weeks after HEAVY METAL releases on 21NOV.

That two weeks will give gamers a chance to get used to HEAVY METAL’s new Mechs and Equipment.

So if there is interest, I can easily see kicking off a new tournament, a HEAVY METAL tournament on 05DEC.

What do you think?