• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

K1600Mike

Sergeant
Jun 18, 2018
Alas Black Widow killed the Rabbit. He was a maxed out warrior with Bulwark in a forest piloting an SLDF Atlas with modified cockpit with 3x injury resistance and a Gyro -3 to hit. A magic bullet or whatever it was went right through the cockpit. Though we were victorious it was a sad day for the crew. Let it be said he gave his life in the performance of his duty.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Sounds like the Black Widow earned her name that day. I'm sure he will be remembered <o

• 1Like
Reactions:
I never even saw the Black Widow when I did that mission; the Bounty Hunter and his lance showed up and they fought each other and she was apparently the first mech to go down.

And despite a number of mechs killed via headshot when they eventually came for me, I got not a single piece of LosTech salvage (and the reputation boost, literally right at the end of the 1200 day career run, tanked all the work into negative rep I'd done...)

That mission is, one feels, appaently kind of a poop...

• 1Like
Reactions:
I never even saw the Black Widow when I did that mission; the Bounty Hunter and his lance showed up and they fought each other and she was apparently the first mech to go down.

And despite a number of mechs killed via headshot when they eventually came for me, I got not a single piece of LosTech salvage (and the reputation boost, literally right at the end of the 1200 day career run, tanked all the work into negative rep I'd done...)

That mission is, one feels, appaently kind of a poop...

I like that mission, however I always swung to the left of spawn up on the ridge to stay put of site. That way Black Widow Co and the Bounty Hunter's lance can fight it out and soften each other up. If they don't see me as a threat, all the better.

I do wish we could be awarded some goodies from that fight but I suppose the way it plays out is ok. Overall though, I do like that mini-campaign.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I play it that way also, my regret being unable to see the exciting action you can still hear in the distance. I did play it through challenging both lances just once to see what I was up against and pretty much got my (lance's) heads handed to me - there are some pretty tough customers in that fight! Also once I intervened when both the Black Widow and the Bounty Hunter were the last two (beat-up) mechs and had an easy time coring both of them...

• 1Like
Reactions:
I swing right into the forest behind the small ridge, and let them fight it out. That way the Black Widow lance is moving right into the drop zone for the Bounty Hunter, giving them maximum engagement. You get a better view from there. I usually bring the Bull Shark along on that mission, too, so after a few rounds of them pecking at each other I'll drop some mortars on the lot of them. :)

• 2Like
Reactions: