• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi guys. I'm relatively new to modding, and I've actually just created my first mod, and so far it's been working. However, for my new mod, I am trying to add a new trade policy; some background:

1. It is tied to a civic.
2. I have created the relevant trade conversion, and policy entries, in the relevant folders.

Anything I might be missing?

EDIT: How careless of me. It was being overwritten...because of file load orders. Now I realize why some mod files have ZZZ in their names.

Two quick questions, both relate to one another really.

1. Trying to edit in a megastructure to convert blackholes into a star and I'm wondering how to clear the system itself from being shown (as well as the effects from ) as/being a blackhole system. In others convert the system back to a normal one. Changing the actual blackhole "planet" obviously is easily done via changing the planet_class. Just don't know how to change the system.

2. How do I change the system back to normal from console ingame as well, again changing the planet item easily done but system remains shown as a blackhole system along with the debuff?

1. Trying to edit in a megastructure to convert blackholes into a star and I'm wondering how to clear the system itself from being shown (as well as the effects from ) as/being a blackhole system. In others convert the system back to a normal one. Changing the actual blackhole "planet" obviously is easily done via changing the planet_class. Just don't know how to change the system.

From the system scope: "set_star_class = <class>". This will change the star itself as well; no need to use "change_pc".

2. How do I change the system back to normal from console ingame as well, again changing the planet item easily done but system remains shown as a blackhole system along with the debuff?

Select a planet in the system, then open the console and use "effect solar_system = { set_star_class = <class> }".

• 1Like
Reactions:
How do I check whether an empire has "discovered" a system, i.e. they can see the system's name (greyed out) and the number of planets?

The first part, i.e. you can see the hyperlane leading to the system and can see the greyed out name.

Though not necessarily immediately accessible. Some enclaves can be discovered and it's on the opposite side of the galaxy.

Is it possible to have a specific tradition tree be fully adopted (Discovery) as a prerequisite for an Ascension Perk?
Don't know if there's a specific trigger for it, but you can always do the hack way of just individually checking if the empire has all the Discovery traditions and putting that in a potential block.

The first part, i.e. you can see the hyperlane leading to the system and can see the greyed out name.

Though not necessarily immediately accessible. Some enclaves can be discovered and it's on the opposite side of the galaxy.

Lol, I meant through an event. Something in the veins of "is_surveyed = yes/no", but a step down from surveyed.

Don't know if there's a specific trigger for it, but you can always do the hack way of just individually checking if the empire has all the Discovery traditions and putting that in a potential block.

So essentially I have to check to see if they have Planetary Survey Corps AND Faith in Science, right?

Lol, I meant through an event. Something in the veins of "is_surveyed = yes/no", but a step down from surveyed.

Ah! I misunderstood, Mea culpa.

No need to check all of them, since adopting a tree fully gives you a "hidden" Policy with the finisher effect, tr_discovery_finish in this case.

Reactions:
I'm a noob to Stellaris modding, but am a software developer in my day job. I wanted to make a tool that would help me write mods. Does anyone know what the file format is called that Stellaris mods use? I'm talking about this, specifically:
### Coprolite Asteroid ship_event = { id = anomaly.1 title = "anomaly.1.name" desc = "anomaly.1.desc" picture = GFX_evt_mining_station show_sound = event_ship_bridge location = FROM is_triggered_only = yes immediate = { from = { clear_deposits = yes } } option = { name = REMARKABLE hidden_effect = { FROM = { add_modifier = { modifier = "asteroid_coprolite" days = -1 } } } FROM = { set_deposit = d_society_3 } } }

I can write a custom serializer for it, but I'd rather not have to if I can find one.

I'm a noob to Stellaris modding, but am a software developer in my day job. I wanted to make a tool that would help me write mods. Does anyone know what the file format is called that Stellaris mods use?
I'm not a modder, and I don't understand. Do you mean script format or script syntax?
As for file format, script files are plain text files created and edited with notepad++, Kwrite, etc. They are encoded in utf8 without BOM.

Perhaps you could read the wiki pages for modding.

I'm trying to add an empire-wide multiplier to a starbase building using the following code:

Code:
triggered_country_modifier = {
    potential = {
        # A bunch of stuff that works
    }

planet_jobs_complex_drone_produces_mult = 0.05
}

However, in my error.log, I get an error on that last line saying the modifier isn't valid for this category:

Code:
[pdxmodifier.h:478]: Modifier has entry not allowed by category:  file: common/starbase_buildings/me_starbase_buildings.txt line: 138

This is the same modifier used in both the tradition and on bio trophies, so I was hoping it would work. Is there a way to apply a stratum-specific produces_mult like this to the whole country from a starbase building?

This is the same modifier used in both the tradition and on bio trophies, so I was hoping it would work. Is there a way to apply a stratum-specific produces_mult like this to the whole country from a starbase building?

I am not sure, but go look at the code for the Curator Think Tank and Artisan Art College.

I want to mess with the buildings rouge servitors start with. Not sure where that info is stored filewise however. Anyone can point me to the correct file?
common\scripted_effects\01_start_of_game_effects

Editing that file will cause a lot of compatibility issues though, so if you plan to release the mod, it might be better to write custom events that replaces the buildings they got directly after game start instead.

common\scripted_effects\01_start_of_game_effects

Editing that file will cause a lot of compatibility issues though, so if you plan to release the mod, it might be better to write custom events that replaces the buildings they got directly after game start instead.

Any tutorials out there for that? Not somthing I've done before.