• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Where exactly are the effects for making an empire advanced defined? Not the probability that they become advanced, but the actual effects (like eg, giving them extra technologies, districts, buildings, pops, ships, and colonies).

Stellaris/events/game_start.txt.

Reactions:
Does anyone know why Paradox decided that 13_distant_stars.txt should redefine all the scripted ship speed variables so that anyone wanting to write a ship speed mod has to overrule Paradox in two places instead of just one?

Hi there,
as always I'm struggling with making my mods in the Paradox Mod Archive (mods.paradoxplaza.com) installable with the Paradox Launcher.
For all my mods I get the red exclamation mark saying "mod installation failed".

To be fair, this happens for almost all mods there… I don't see, why somebody is using this anyway, but in the most popular mods I found two (!) mods which where installable. :oops:
I compared, but I did not find any sign, why my mod wouldn't work and the others would work.
1618516710375.png

Are there any rules, is there any way to figure this out or do we just have to live with that broken thing?
In my notes I have written, that the descriptor.mod must not include the path line, but it seems this is not true. It doesn't change anything.
What did these two mods right and I did wrong? o_O

Thanks for help

Is there any way to modify the planetary carrying capacity gained from housing or just change carrying capacity in general? I've only been able to find values that can modify the carrying capacity offered by free districts.

(For context, I'd like to try to modify carrying capacity for rogue servitors to use the number of bio-trophy jobs instead of housing when calculating a planet's carrying capacity.)

Maybe i'm overlooking something but how do you scope from a planet to the pops on that planet, now that "random_pop" and "any_pop" have been deprecated?
Something like this, maybe?

Code:
owner = {
    random_owned_pop = {
        limit = {
            planet = {
                is_same_value = <planet>
            }
        }
        <effect>
    }
}

Hi,

I would like to remove the influence costs for resettling pops, but unfortunately I'm unable to find it in the common folder. Please, can someone tell me where I can find it ?

edit. ... found it in the social class in pop_categories

Last edited:
i know it has been done before and i looked into the mods that do what i am asking for but i just cant find how they do it. i assume it is not only a single line in the defines.

where can you change the time for job checking?

the 00! mods do change the time for pop job checking but no clue how. i just want a simple mod to check for jobs only once a month or 3 month or year.. whatever i think is best.

I know you can change "carrying capacity per district" on a per planet(type) basis, but is there a way to change the amount of carrying capacity you get per free housing?

I hope I'm just missing a weirdly named define, but it seems to be hardcoded.

Hello,
I am having a problem with updating my mod. I decided to update the version of my music mod and add some new soundtracks, but the Stellaris launcher does not see this mod as mine and I cannot update it. Am I doing something wrong? Below I attach a link to the mod itself

1618943081866.png

Question RE new patch

Has anything changed with ignore_hyperlanes = no? It is still on the wiki but cw_tools says error but maybe a bug in cw_tools

Code:
any_neighbor_system = {
                    ignore_hyperlanes = no
                    exists = owner
                    owner = { is_same_value = root }
                }

Need scope help please:

With the new patches the game complains about the potential section is_ai = no no matter what I try. I tried adding owner = { } but still the game error log. Can someone please tell me how to fix this? :) I want as human earth to be able to build them from my robots.

Code:
android_defense_army = {
    defensive = yes
    is_pop_spawned = yes
    health = 1.50
    damage = 1.50
    has_morale = no
    morale_damage = 1.25
    collateral_damage = 0.0
    war_exhaustion = 0.0 # No WE from defense armies
    icon_frame = 12
    has_species = yes

potential = {
        from = {
            OR = {
                has_trait = "trait_mechanical"
                is_ai = no
            }
        }
        owner = {
            NOT = { has_authority = auth_machine_intelligence }
        }
    }

prerequisites = { "tech_synthetic_workers" }

allow = {
        owner = { NOT = { has_policy_flag = ai_outlawed } }
    }
}

Need scope help please:

With the new patches the game complains about the potential section is_ai = no no matter what I try. I tried adding owner = { } but still the game error log. Can someone please tell me how to fix this? :) I want as human earth to be able to build them from my robots.
from leads to a species in this case, not to a pop, and species don't have owners. Hence, if you do this:

Code:
potential = {
        from = {
            OR = {
                owner = { is_ai = no }
            }
        }
        owner = {
        }
    }

...you will get a scope error.

What you have to do instead, is this:

Code:
potential = {
        from = {
            OR = {
            }
        }
        owner = {
            is_ai = no
        }
    }
The owner of the army is their country. I haven't tested it, but this should work.

Reactions:
Did 2.8 break how parametrized scripted triggers work? I'm running my own mod and am getting some pretty weird issues from something I was sure was settled code. I didn't play much 2.8 though.

Code:
compare_pops_to_buildings = {
# $BCOUNT$
# $BBC$
# Expected scope: Planet

count_pops = {
        limit = { 
            is_being_purged = no
            OR = {
                is_sapient = yes
                is_robot_pop = yes
            }
        }		
        count > @\[ ($BCOUNT$ - $BBC$) * 5 ]  
    }
}

is returning no when the colony has 37 pops (none purging), BCOUNT of 3, and a BBC of 2. The scope seems correct. I'm struggling with how 37 > 5 is false.

common/ships_sizes/00_ship_sizes.txt has the definitions. Find the civilian ships and set is_designable to yes.

EDIT: If you go to the science ship and change is_civilian = yes to no then it shows the details. Not sure what else this change impacts.

thank you for the reply. I already had that and it worked pre 3.0 but now it does not. To be clear in ship designer it works but in game clicking on a civilian ship you can not see the details. There is a chance something in my mod is goofed up but I have double checked many times today. Seems they hard coded the details button not to do anything for civilian for some reason.

Another question: The auto design is much worse under 3.0 so I created global ship designs for events and they work for events. I tried creating global ship designs for non events hoping they would show up in ship designer at game start but they do not. Example a custom starting battleship. What could I be doing wrong? I have never used global ship designs for non event.

Last edited: