• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My event is supposed to only target empires that have surveyed a certain system, but for some reason it targets all of them regardless of whether or not they have surveyed it.

Code:
every_country = {
    limit = {
        is_country_type = default
        event_target:supernova_system_scan_target = { is_surveyed = { who = this status = yes } }
    }
    country_event = { id = mzilli_supernova.10 }
}

I tried "is_surveyed = { who = prev }" but then the country event didn't fire at all. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I got it to work using the following:

Code:
every_country = {
    limit = { is_country_type = default }
    save_global_event_target_as = supernova_system_scanner
    if = {
        limit = { event_target:supernova_system_scan_target = { is_surveyed = { who = event_target:supernova_system_scanner status = yes } } }
        country_event = { id = mzilli_supernova.10 }
    }
    clear_global_event_target = supernova_system_scanner
}

Last edited:
Is the effect for Greater Than Ourselves unmoddable? I can't seem to find it anywhere and would like to make it work on slavers too. Otherwise I guess ill have to write my own, oof.

It's coded, not scripted, so not moddable.

Great, thx.

Another question.

If I wanted to make the same megastructure scale up in cost for every extra one you build, how would I do that? I've tried making duplicates of the same megastructure (01_dyson_sphere, 02_dyson_sphere...) and changing their costs to what I want, with no luck. I've tried a single file with boolean statements in the cost scope and that doesn't seem to work either. I've seen scripted variables but I don't entirely understand if they apply to this problem from the examples I've seen.

Question: Science ship route to travel to a system

In early game I want to send out a science ship to survey a system and instead the game changes the route to go to a unknown system owned by a unknown country and then back tract to where I wanted. Is there any setting I can mod not to do this? Usually happens if there is a worm hole or a unknown gate ( I give countries gates at game start). I guess the game is trying to do the shortest route but if the unknown country has borders closed it is a pain. I would rather it travel the route I picked.

I'm having a problem with an event I'm making.
This event is supposed to give:
  1. Every Scientist the Maniacal trait
  2. Every Scientist currently researching Society the Expertise Industry trait
  3. Every Scientist currently researching Physics the Expertise Propulsion trait
  4. Every Scientist currently researching Engineering the Expertise Statecraft trait
  5. Every Scientist not currently researching anything gets Carefree

My problem is that this actually:
  • Gives every scientist Maniacal, Expertise Propulsion, and Expertise Statecraft
  • Society researcher also gets Expertise Industry
  • Gives every Governor, Admiral, and General leader Expertise Statecraft
  • Nobody gets Carefree

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I'm certain it's one of those things that's absolutely trivial in retrospect.

Code:
namespace = myScientistGoesInsane

country_event = {
    id = myScientistGoesInsane.1
    hide_window = yes
    is_triggered_only = yes
    immediate = {
        every_owned_leader = {
            if { limit = { leader_class = scientist }
                add_trait = leader_trait_maniacal
                if { limit = { is_researching_area = society }
                    add_trait = leader_trait_expertise_industry
                }
                else if { limit = { is_researching_area = physics }
                    add_trait = leader_trait_expertise_propulsion
                }
                else if { limit = { is_researching_area = engineering }
                    add_trait = leader_trait_expertise_statecraft
                }
                else {
                    add_trait = leader_trait_carefree
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

I'm having a problem with an event I'm making.
This event is supposed to give:
  1. Every Scientist the Maniacal trait
  2. Every Scientist currently researching Society the Expertise Industry trait
  3. Every Scientist currently researching Physics the Expertise Propulsion trait
  4. Every Scientist currently researching Engineering the Expertise Statecraft trait
  5. Every Scientist not currently researching anything gets Carefree

My problem is that this actually:
  • Gives every scientist Maniacal, Expertise Propulsion, and Expertise Statecraft
  • Society researcher also gets Expertise Industry
  • Gives every Governor, Admiral, and General leader Expertise Statecraft
  • Nobody gets Carefree

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I'm certain it's one of those things that's absolutely trivial in retrospect.

Code:
namespace = myScientistGoesInsane

country_event = {
    id = myScientistGoesInsane.1
    hide_window = yes
    is_triggered_only = yes
    immediate = {
        every_owned_leader = {
            if { limit = { leader_class = scientist }
                add_trait = leader_trait_maniacal
                if { limit = { is_researching_area = society }
                    add_trait = leader_trait_expertise_industry
                }
                else if { limit = { is_researching_area = physics }
                    add_trait = leader_trait_expertise_propulsion
                }
                else if { limit = { is_researching_area = engineering }
                    add_trait = leader_trait_expertise_statecraft
                }
                else {
                    add_trait = leader_trait_carefree
                }
            }
        }
    }
}
else if should be else_if.

So I'm in the middle of a heavily modded game, and I very much doubt I'll be able to finish before the patch drops. What's the best way to preserve the mods and game in it's current state? I think you'd have to copy the mod files from the steam workshop into a seperate folder, then add the .mod files that generate in the mods folder when the launcher, well, launches. And probably copy the launcher-v2.sqlite just for good measure. It feels like there should be a better way, though. Ayone know anything?
I see the comment a few messages up about making a new mod and copying things over, but I'm not gonna do that for... checks... 61 mods individually.

So I'm in the middle of a heavily modded game, and I very much doubt I'll be able to finish before the patch drops. What's the best way to preserve the mods and game in it's current state? I think you'd have to copy the mod files from the steam workshop into a seperate folder, then add the .mod files that generate in the mods folder when the launcher, well, launches. And probably copy the launcher-v2.sqlite just for good measure. It feels like there should be a better way, though. Ayone know anything?
I see the comment a few messages up about making a new mod and copying things over, but I'm not gonna do that for... checks... 61 mods individually.
Use the irony mod manager to create a merged mod. Note that sometimes the merged mod won't work, so I'd recommend trying that, seeing if it works, and if it doesn't go ahead with your original plan.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Is there any way to scope to a random ship within a fleet, or vice versa? I don't see anything on the wiki or in the events files.

EDIT: Got this to work by scoping to the fleet and doing the following:

Code:
save_global_event_target_as = <target>
owner = {
    random_owned_ship = {
        limit = { fleet = { is_same_value = event_target:<target> } }
        <effects>
    }
}

Last edited:
Space storms:

I ran into my very first decade-long galaxy-wide space storm today. My first thought was "How... annoying!" My next was "I need to mod this!"

I'd prefer to reduce the duration, limit the effect, and preferentially reduce the visual and especially audio on the system view.

I found the events in events/galactic_features.txt so I can reduce the probability and duration.

What I need now is volume reduction Anyone have insight on if it can be modded, and where I an find the levers to control it?

Space storms:

I ran into my very first decade-long galaxy-wide space storm today. My first thought was "How... annoying!" My next was "I need to mod this!"

I'd prefer to reduce the duration, limit the effect, and preferentially reduce the visual and especially audio on the system view.

I found the events in events/galactic_features.txt so I can reduce the probability and duration.

What I need now is volume reduction Anyone have insight on if it can be modded, and where I an find the levers to control it?
gfx/models/effects/_system_effects_entities.txt.

• 1Like
Reactions:
So I have a few shipset mods in my game, and I know a number of them are outdated and abandoned, so as a result they're missing models for certain ship types. That's fine. I have them set to not randomize, so as long as I don't go around making a Void Dweller with my Old Republic shipset, I shouldn't encounter any weird graphical bugs.

The problem is that this is an Abandoned Habitat, so it should be using vanilla assets, right?

Is there any way to force the game to generate this as a different shipset? It's really annoying tbh.

habitat.png

So I have a few shipset mods in my game, and I know a number of them are outdated and abandoned, so as a result they're missing models for certain ship types. That's fine. I have them set to not randomize, so as long as I don't go around making a Void Dweller with my Old Republic shipset, I shouldn't encounter any weird graphical bugs.

The problem is that this is an Abandoned Habitat, so it should be using vanilla assets, right?

Is there any way to force the game to generate this as a different shipset? It's really annoying tbh.

View attachment 704026

You could try editing the save file? Find that particular habitat and change the graphical culture to one of the vanilla ones (mammalian_01, for example).

Where exactly are the effects for making an empire advanced defined? Not the probability that they become advanced, but the actual effects (like eg, giving them extra technologies, districts, buildings, pops, ships, and colonies).

I'm trying to make a basic static portrait mod that adds some images to the game as a new species, and am running into a problem with the new patch where hive-minds are unable to assemble pops created with this portrait, while it works as intended with all other portrait sets. I was wondering what changed and what I may need to add to my mod to make them assembleable as intended. Thanks.