• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm working on a mod (updated version of a mod that wasn't updated beyond 2.1 which provided higher than normal deposits in planetary tiles) and one of the things I did was create a series of new deposits (minerals, energy, alloys, strategic resources) in higher numbers than normally found in game (100, 1000). I'm noticing that these new deposits are being generated throughout the galaxy.

The question: How do I restrict the use of the new deposits only to the starting system and prevent the galaxy generator from using them?

I'm working on a mod (updated version of a mod that wasn't updated beyond 2.1 which provided higher than normal deposits in planetary tiles) and one of the things I did was create a series of new deposits (minerals, energy, alloys, strategic resources) in higher numbers than normally found in game (100, 1000). I'm noticing that these new deposits are being generated throughout the galaxy.

The question: How do I restrict the use of the new deposits only to the starting system and prevent the galaxy generator from using them?
You could change drop_weight to 0 and use an on_game_start event to apply them to starting systems only.

You could change drop_weight to 0 and use an on_game_start event to apply them to starting systems only.
Where would I find an example of that?

EDIT:

Found the problem and it was that a couple of the new deposits didn't have the drop_weight, added that in and seems to have fixed the problem, thanks

Last edited:
So Like I'm sure this has been asked a crap ton of times, but I wasn't able to dig up anything about it so...

What all changes the checksum? For example, is it possible to create a species mod that DOES NOT change the checksum, and can thus be used in ironman?
I remember in the game's early stages this just wasn't possible due to the file structure, but has this change at all, or is Paradox still hell-bent on selling their species packs?

So Like I'm sure this has been asked a crap ton of times, but I wasn't able to dig up anything about it so...

What all changes the checksum? For example, is it possible to create a species mod that DOES NOT change the checksum, and can thus be used in ironman?
I remember in the game's early stages this just wasn't possible due to the file structure, but has this change at all, or is Paradox still hell-bent on selling their species packs?
I'm pretty sure anything that changes the common folder and probably the event folder. So if your species mod just replaces existing species art, then yes. But if it adds new species archetypes or new portraits to existing archetypes, then no.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm pretty sure anything that changes the common folder and probably the event folder. So if your species mod just replaces existing species art, then yes. But if it adds new species archetypes or new portraits to existing archetypes, then no.
Thanks for the reply! I suppose it's a bit of a work around, but I'll fire up my modding to get it to work again lol. Cheers!

Where would I find an example of that?
Look at the dragon's hoard deposit (in deposits) and the origin events which add things to the home system. If you want to add the deposit to the system, use system scope and randomly pick a body to add the deposit to. If you want to add it to the home planet, use the capital scope.

Does anyone know why a Species would spawn with PRE_LITHOID as their Species Class? I am trying to find out what Mod in my modlist is causing this, the Species have no Traits other than Event given ones and sometime will spawn as Machine Intelligences that have Lithoid portraits. I have tried to look around in my Mod files to see if I can find references to it but I don't even know what files to look in, I want to try and report this to the Mod Author in question but have no idea who to contact.

Hi,
I hope there is a easy solution to my question that I just overlooked.
How do I get a condition to "new_pop_weight"?

Code:
citizenship_limited = {
    token = citizenship_limited
    new_pop_weight = 0.75
}

I know it is possible to create conditions like with this example:
Code:
    triggered_planet_modifier = {
        potential = {
            is_organic_species = yes
            has_low_living_standard_type = yes   
        }
        pop_growth_speed = 0.04
    }

The problem is, that I don't have anything where I can combine the "new_pop_weight" and a "potential".

Hi,

I'm trying to create a mod that forces the AI to upgrade starbases. I got it so the starbases do get upgraded, however the starbases are upgraded instantly instead of construction being queued up normally. Is there a way to have them build normally?

I have found a code that is
Code:
hide_prereq_for_desc = component
, it can hide the default desc of technology. But it seems can only hide the desc of component, and it doesn't work for other desc whatever i write behind '='. I couldn't find any information about it in wiki or the Stellaris file. I will be appreciate if somebody can help me.

Quick question, is there a value that can be changed for criminal heritage megacorps that reduces the base chance of your branch office being discovered?

Or, put in another terms, I know that the base chance of your criminal branch office being discovered if there is no crime in the planet is 5%. What you'd need to mod to reduce that chance to, say, 1%? Is it possible to include this modification in the civic/origin of an empire?

Thanks in advance!

Hallo,

where can i change the position of the anomaly-window and the archaeology-window popup? For the event-window i found interface/eventwindow.gui, line 9.
The other two i dont get running.
Best would be a popup, where last time closed, like the planet-view. is there a mod? not always in the middle of the screen.
thx

Hello, if you were to create a mod to emulate an importation tax for any resource a planet has a deficit in, and thus has to get from the surplus of the other planets in the empire, from where would you start if there's a possible start? Conversely, that could be the reverse way, to apply a discount on any cost that is paid by planetary production.

For example, if a planet has a deficit of -10 Mineral, either display this number or a -12 Mineral deficit, but either case, input -12 Mineral in the empire's accounting summary.

Could another direction use sectors' resource vaults or governor traits (for a sectorial management of deficits, rather than planetary)?

Hi ! I play stellaris for years and enjoy a lot large games, recently with covid confinemet I return to game actively and I discover all is different , districts, sectors, etc, is like new game for me, I play some games and now understand the new mechanics and changes. The question about this, is I felt poor the planetary invasions, armies are very common and I dont feel a true difference about the authorities or ethics, thats why want to make a simple mod, the idea is adding special armies for diferent traits, civics or authorities, related to buildings like military academy, strnghold, temple, and other buildings.

I read tutorials in https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/Army_modding and ask a little about how tho create new armies in Stellaris discord page, now I know what file need to edit to create new armies (common/armies/01_assault_armies.txt) and what file need to edit to add more army icons (gfx \ interface \ planetview \ army_icon.dds).

But I have a problem, when I try to open the file dds, the dds file show me all the vanilla symbols in the same file, and I dont understand exactly what doing this line in the code of the army: icon_frame = 13 , exactly, what is this number?, and why put 13 and I dont see the symbol? Where is located?

Need a little help pls :)

Not answering your question, but there're tons of mods on Steam workshop that add new army types and/or change their icons, these could be a source for inspiration. Especially, there's the MVG Extended Army mod that fo nothing but split the initial Assault Army into a few subtypes for more diversity, and it is easily customisable.

Not answering your question, but there're tons of mods on Steam workshop that add new army types and/or change their icons, these could be a source for inspiration. Especially, there's the MVG Extended Army mod that fo nothing but split the initial Assault Army into a few subtypes for more diversity, and it is easily customisable.
Yes, I see this mod some weeks ago, thats part of my references or inspiration, but I want to make some different, unique units for ethics and traits not general new units for all the factions of the game. I think the planetary invasions have poor content or fun in this game, I want to change a little this feel.