• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In the static modifiers file does the difficulty modifier affect the Ai or player?

How can I replicate the effect Paradox gave to species emblems? That golden bevel gradient thing.

Been trying to mimic it on Photoshop, but I can't do so 100%.

In the static modifiers file does the difficulty modifier affect the Ai or player?

Hard and insane settings give all AIs +50/100% of energy, minerals, research and something else (forcelimits iirc?) while also giving negative diplo modifiers for alliance attempts between human and AI (not sure if these are applied or human or ai side)

Hard and insane settings give all AIs +50/100% of energy, minerals, research and something else (forcelimits iirc?) while also giving negative diplo modifiers for alliance attempts between human and AI (not sure if these are applied or human or ai side)

Interesting thanks. I hope they include some method to allow us to modify players like you can in EU4 or Ck2.

What's the best program to open and edit a .anim with?
You are supposed to use Photoshop/Maya/Clauzewitz Exporter for those.

So I'm curious on how galaxy sizes are set. For example I want to create a galaxy with 2000 stars but at the same time want the stars to be a little more spread out. I assumed radius would mean the overall radius of the galaxy so I set that higher expecting it to 'stretch' the star map but all that does is cluster a ton of stars at the rim. Are galaxy sizes capped or do one of the other values effect that?

Does anyone know what's up with the workshop for me? I uploaded a mod yesterday, and approx. 200 people have visited and an additional amount subscribed, but I myself cannot see the workshop (in steam itself it's empty, in my web browser, it isn't there.) Anyone who knows what's up and how to fix it?

How does one add an additional ethos point? I tried modding the defines line for it, but it seems to do nothing when creating a species.

How does the modding in general work?

I created a mod, "cpack" for example. So there was a folder created in documents etc. named "mod/cpack".

But when I changed files an copied the file and its folders in the mod, I can choose the mod in the game, but my changed or new files don't work ingame. Did I miss something?

F.e adding the "gigantic.txt" file to the map/??? folder.
I then had "mod/cpack/stellaris/map/blabla/gigantic.txt" in the mod file.

But it doesn't work. If I copy the the gigantic.txt file directly in the game, it works.

Reactions:
Has anyone figured how to give ships and stations sequential names? Is it even possible?
F.e adding the "gigantic.txt" file to the map/??? folder.
Again, what's your path to file in mod folder? I tried this and it seems to be working.

Reactions:

But it doesn't work. If I copy the the gigantic.txt file directly in the game, it works.

Just consider that your "name_mod" is the equivalent folder to "stellaris" in the patch for the vanilla files, i.e. you should not have
mod/cpack/stellaris/map/blabla/gigantic.txt
but
mod/cpack/map/setup_scenarios/gigantic.txt

Does anyone know what's up with the workshop for me? I uploaded a mod yesterday, and approx. 200 people have visited and an additional amount subscribed, but I myself cannot see the workshop (in steam itself it's empty, in my web browser, it isn't there.) Anyone who knows what's up and how to fix it?
Try ensuring you are logged into a Steam account that owns Stellaris and try the following link:
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=281990&browsesort=trend&section=readytouseitems

Reactions:
Hello!

I have a very simple question:

I want to add another human body style (there are 1-5 options ingame). I just want to copy&paste one of it and add it as another option, so I added a:

human_male_body_06.dds , in the gfx\models\portraits\human folder.

But now, I have to put the "code" for the new dds in one .txt file, but I don't know which one. Any help?! :)

Just consider that your "name_mod" is the equivalent folder to "stellaris" in the patch for the vanilla files, i.e. you should not have
mod/cpack/stellaris/map/blabla/gigantic.txt
but
mod/cpack/map/setup_scenarios/gigantic.txt

Aaah...that's the trick!!! Thanx, will test it in the evening

I made a names list mod.
Inside Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/mod I :
- created a folder : modname/common/names_list/file
- created a mod file with inside
Code:
name="Mod name"
path="mod/modname"
tags={
"Utilities"
}
supported_version="1.0.0"
It shows in the launcher, but not in game.
If I put directly my list into the game's files (in steam/etc.), it works.

Is there something I'm missing, or do I need to upload my mod on the Workshop ?

EDIT/ doesn't work either if I add
Code:
replace_path="common/name_lists"

Last edited: