• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I made a names list mod.
Inside Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/mod I :
- created a folder : modname/common/names_list/file
- created a mod file with inside
Code:
name="Mod name"
path="mod/modname"
tags={
"Utilities"
}
supported_version="1.0.0"
It shows in the launcher, but not in game.
If I put directly my list into the game's files (in steam/etc.), it works.

Is there something I'm missing, or do I need to upload my mod on the Workshop ?

EDIT/ doesn't work either if I add
Code:
replace_path="common/name_lists"

Stupid question maybe, but did you "created" the mods using the mod tool in the launcher, then copying the vanilla folders and files in mod/your_mod_name before editing them ?
Probably this is the same issue as Cpack above?

Reactions:
I slowed down warping to around 1/10th normal speed and now ships won't enter systems; they'll just move until they're right on top of them and then be stuck there. Anyone got any idea why?

I'm very impressed with things so far, but a couple of questions

When looking at resources planets have (\common\deposits.txt) I noticed that planets can have a strategic and normal resource, can they have two normal resources?
As if I look at immense they have a factor to stop two immense deposits, does that mean they could have a vast and an immense, or 3 or 4 or more difference deposits?
Code:
        modifier = {
            factor = 0
            planet = {
                OR = {
                    has_deposit = "d_immense_mineral_deposit"
                    has_deposit = "d_immense_energy_deposit"
                    has_deposit = "d_immense_society_deposit"
                    has_deposit = "d_immense_physics_deposit"
                    has_deposit = "d_immense_engineering_deposit"
                    has_strategic_resource = yes

Also I can't see orbital platforms anywhere? They are not in buildings, and I can't find much reference to any kind of station anywhere in common

In deposit it refers to e.g.
Code:
station = shipclass_mining_station
yet I can't find that anywhere else, in buildings it refers to
Code:
is_orbital: boolean, can only be built in orbital station.
, and again I can't see that in any other file.

So what file would I look at to change orbital platform costs / benefits etc? e.g. to make a mining platform cost more or less?

Thanks

Do you know what assault = yes with assault armies in 00_armies means. Defensive = yes means that they cannot leave the planet so it's not that...

Stupid question maybe, but did you "created" the mods using the mod tool in the launcher, then copying the vanilla folders and files in mod/your_mod_name before editing them ?
Probably this is the same issue as Cpack above?
I did use the mod tool in the launcher.
But then I didn't copy the vanilla folders. I manually created a modname/common/name_lists directory (and no, where I put my name list. I also edited the .mod file to match the mod's path and name.

edit/ Ok, I did it again and it works now. I still don't know why it didn't work at the first time... The only think I changed is that I shortened the name of the mod.

Last edited:
Once the mod is uploaded how do I actually update it? If I want to make changes to the mod post upload what is the procedure? I can't find the answer and its bugging me a lot.

Is there a way to mod a minimum distance that empires spawn from each other at game start?
Just tried a game with a modded 2k planet galaxy with 10 starting empires, every single one of them were crushed up together with the rest of the massive galaxy presumably empty.

Aha found it. Its the "pops_auto_growth" variable in the buildablepops/00_robot_pops.txt file. But cannot figure out how to refer or modify that.

It is not an modifier, but a special property on species. In the base game it is only used for robot pops but you should be able to use it for any species.

Is there a way to mod a minimum distance that empires spawn from each other at game start?
Just tried a game with a modded 2k planet galaxy with 10 starting empires, every single one of them were crushed up together with the rest of the massive galaxy presumably empty.

I would like get an answer also.

Have a 2.500 galaxy with 10 other races.....

This may be a dumb question but do I need to use a specific text editor to change the 00_defines.lua as changing anything using normal notepad causes the game to CTD at startup.
Shouldn't be editor-specific AFAIK - probably related to the code. What changes have you made ?

savegames don't seem to be saved or have an option to be saved as plain text anymore. i kinda like messing around with savegames and fixing bugs if they appear, but right now i pretty much can't.

considering they edited the blorg save apparantly it should probaly be possible, but i can't seem to figure it out.

Hello!

I have a very simple question:

I want to add another human body style (there are 1-5 options ingame). I just want to copy&paste one of it and add it as another option, so I added a:

human_male_body_06.dds , in the gfx\models\portraits\human folder.

But now, I have to put the "code" for the new dds in one .txt file, but I don't know which one. Any help?! :)

1. In models/portraits/human/_human_portrait_entities.asset you need to add an entry:

Code:
entity = {
   name = "portrait_human_male_06_entity"
   pdxmesh = "portrait_human_male_06_mesh"

default_state = "idle"
   state = { name = "idle"  animation = "idle"  animation_blend_time = 0 chance = 3.0 looping = no next_state = idle}
   state = { name = "idle"  animation = "idle2"  animation_blend_time = 0 chance = 1.0 looping = no next_state = idle}

state = { name = "sad"  animation = "sad"  animation_blend_time = 0 chance = 3.0 looping = no next_state = sad}
   state = { name = "sad"  animation = "sad2"  animation_blend_time = 0 chance = 1.0 looping = no next_state = sad}
   scale = @humanscale
}

2. In models/portraits/human/_human_portrait_meshes.gfx you need to add an entry:

Code:
  pdxmesh = {
     name = "portrait_human_male_06_mesh"
     file = "gfx/models/portraits/human/human_male_05_portrait.mesh"
     animation = { id = "idle"   type = "human_male_05_happy_animation" }
     animation = { id = "idle2"   type = "human_male_05_happy_2_animation" }
     animation = { id = "sad"   type = "human_male_05_sad_animation" }
     animation = { id = "sad2"   type = "human_male_05_sad_2_animation" }
     scale = 1.0
}

3. In portraits/portraits/00_portraits.txt you need to add an entry:

Code:
  human_male_06 = {
     entity = "portrait_human_male_06_entity"   clothes_selector = "mammalian_human_male_clothes_01"    hair_selector = "human_male_hair_05"   greeting_sound = "human_male_greetings_02"
     character_textures = {
         "gfx/models/portraits/human/human_male_body_06.dds"
     }
   }

4. Further down in the same file, you should add human_male_06 everywhere that the other human_male_ appear (unless you don't want it to be used in some of those situations).

I made a names list mod.
Inside Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/mod I :
- created a folder : modname/common/names_list/file
- created a mod file with inside
Code:
name="Mod name"
path="mod/modname"
tags={
"Utilities"
}
supported_version="1.0.0"
It shows in the launcher, but not in game.
If I put directly my list into the game's files (in steam/etc.), it works.

Is there something I'm missing, or do I need to upload my mod on the Workshop ?

EDIT/ doesn't work either if I add
Code:
replace_path="common/name_lists"

Upload you mod as a zip file. It is easier for us top help you then.

Reactions:
How can I modify when songs in a music mod are played?

I want to modify the chance and the trigger (played at war/played at peace).
Does this work like in EUIV?

Upload you mod as a zip file. It is easier for us top help you then.

Quick question: I am trying to buff the AI for a multiplayer mod, but the ai = yes trigger doesn't work anymore. What's the new one called ?

So I'm curious on how galaxy sizes are set. For example I want to create a galaxy with 2000 stars but at the same time want the stars to be a little more spread out. I assumed radius would mean the overall radius of the galaxy so I set that higher expecting it to 'stretch' the star map but all that does is cluster a ton of stars at the rim. Are galaxy sizes capped or do one of the other values effect that?
I reduced the size of the core size and allow stars to be closer to the core. Its found in the type of galaxy.

I'm currently having problems with my localization files.
It seems than English is the only one language functioning, but I can see the differences between English and the files containing the other languages. What did I missed ?

On a different subject, does somebody know how to use an Empire Modifier for a Species? I want to create a trait modifying the numbers of Embassies in an Empire, another one modifying the stats of the navy of an Empire, both racial traits.
Since there is apparently no "Majority Species" currently counted by the game, I want to use the Founder Species, but is there some "Founder_species_has_trait=yes" conditions somewhere in the code ? I still haven't found it.

Thank you all for your help.

Attachments

• additionaltraits_v1.0.1.zip
    43 KB · Views: 8