• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Has anyone been fiddling with the GUI yet? I'm trying to find some way to conditionally show tooltips for a GUI element, but couldn't figure anything out yet
Code:
tooltip = [InGameTopbar.GetPlayer.GetTyrannyTooltip]
GetTyrannyTooltip is hardcoded in some way right? I found the individual localisation strings but they looked tied together in some manner

Code:
 TYRANNY_TT:0 "#T Tyranny#!\n$EFFECT$\n$CHANGE$\n\n#TF The Tyranny value represents the level of oppression within the country. There are various actions that can increase this.#!"
 TYRRANY_EFFECT:0 "Your Tyranny has the following effects:\n$EFFECT$"
 TYRANNY_CHANGE:1 "Tyranny change by by $VAL|-=$ every month due to:\n"

I definitely being an idiot, but where exactly is/how do you get the map editor they've shown off? Is it in-game via console command, or in the game files somewhere, or a separate download?

I definitely being an idiot, but where exactly is/how do you get the map editor they've shown off? Is it in-game via console command, or in the game files somewhere, or a separate download?

Via console in-game. I think the command is map_editor.

Alternatively use the launch command '-mapeditor' before you start the game.

Has anyone been fiddling with the GUI yet? I'm trying to find some way to conditionally show tooltips for a GUI element, but couldn't figure anything out yet
Code:
tooltip = [InGameTopbar.GetPlayer.GetTyrannyTooltip]
GetTyrannyTooltip is hardcoded in some way right? I found the individual localisation strings but they looked tied together in some manner

Code:
 TYRANNY_TT:0 "#T Tyranny#!\n$EFFECT$\n$CHANGE$\n\n#TF The Tyranny value represents the level of oppression within the country. There are various actions that can increase this.#!"
 TYRRANY_EFFECT:0 "Your Tyranny has the following effects:\n$EFFECT$"
 TYRANNY_CHANGE:1 "Tyranny change by by $VAL|-=$ every month due to:\n"
You can apply a visible = BoolReturningFunction to an object to control if it appears.
GetTyrannyTooltip is defined in code yes.

So i am trying to change the starting date for a new mod. Changing the 00_defines file in common/defines doesn't seem to work though, or at leat not it the mod. trying it in the game itself does work….. which is strange, because i did test if my mod was properly setup by changing the name of Rome to "Roman Empire", which did change. Anyone have an idea how you do change de starting date for mods?

Anyone can help me find this line in the Localization files?

upload_2019-4-26_12-43-33.png

I'm working on an improved Spanish localization mod, and I'm trying to change the order of the culture and religion in this particular line, for Spanish grammar reasons.

This may be a silly question - I've not modded PDX games for quite some time - but is there a way to partially overwrite game files?

That is to say, is there a way to append a line to a file (e.g. in countries.txt), or replace a line (e.g. in province_setup.csv)?

How to remove certain graphical items that are in the map, ive been trying to get an answer since launch and no reply.
So here are my following questions.
How to remove the detail of the ocean.
How to remove clouds and fog.
How to alter the political map mode so that it would be more Eu4 alike which has barely any graphical detail.
Is it possible to mode like I suggested?
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/perfomance-map-mode.1170592/

Anyone can help me find this line in the Localization files?

View attachment 474211

I'm working on an improved Spanish localization mod, and I'm trying to change the order of the culture and religion in this particular line, for Spanish grammar reasons.

By memory, that's in interface_l_english.yml
POPULATION_TOOLTIP_ITEM:0 "$COUNT|Y$ [RELIGION.GetName] [CULTURE.GetName]"
You probably will have to use a periphrase, like "X pops of religion X and of culture X"

By memory also: this doesn't work for the event tooltips, with such keys as:
SET_POP_TYPE:1 "[POP.GetName|V] in [POP.GetProvince.GetName|Y] becomes a $TYPE|V$."
where [POP.GetName] is hardcoded to display either the type, the culture, the religion, or a mix of all of that.

You can apply a visible = BoolReturningFunction to an object to control if it appears.
GetTyrannyTooltip is defined in code yes.
Thank you, very helpful. Could you elaborate a little on how I would use the visible function in relation to a tooltip?
As I see it when I create a widget I have the ability to attach a single tooltip, but not define any behaviour of said tooltip
Code:
widget = {
                name = "national_unity"
                size = { 116 40 }

icon = {
                    name = "value_frame"
                    position = { 0 -2 }
                    texture = "gfx/interface/tiles/icon_value_tiles.dds"
                    spriteType = Corneredtiled
                    spriteborder = { 48 48 }
                    size = { 110 40 }
                }

icon = {
                    name = "loyalty_icon"
                    position = { 2 0 }
                    size = { 36 36 }
                    using = icon_loyalty
                }

textbox = {
                    name = "national_unity"
                    position = { 72 3 }
                    using = MarbleButtonFont
                    autoresize = yes
                    text = "total_national_unity"
                    tooltip = "national_unity_desc"
                    widgetanchor = top|hcenter
                }

tooltip = "national_unity_modifiers"
            }

By memory, that's in interface_l_english.yml
POPULATION_TOOLTIP_ITEM:0 "$COUNT|Y$ [RELIGION.GetName] [CULTURE.GetName]"
You probably will have to use a periphrase, like "X pops of religion X and of culture X"

Thank you for the answer, but it seems that wasn't the line. The one I'm looking for would only show (AFAIK) in the province/city view, when looking at the different types of POPs.

Thank you for the answer, but it seems that wasn't the line. The one I'm looking for would only show (AFAIK) in the province/city view, when looking at the different types of POPs.

Ok. I'm quite busy right now with something other, but I'll give a look in my own translation to look what's the (real) key :)
In the meantime, you should find it using $CULTURE or $RELIGION (with no $ at the end, to avoid the | + colors or others), very probably in the interface file.

Thank you, very helpful. Could you elaborate a little on how I would use the visible function in relation to a tooltip?
As I see it when I create a widget I have the ability to attach a single tooltip, but not define any behaviour of said tooltip
Code:
widget = {
                name = "national_unity"
                size = { 116 40 }

icon = {
                    name = "value_frame"
                    position = { 0 -2 }
                    texture = "gfx/interface/tiles/icon_value_tiles.dds"
                    spriteType = Corneredtiled
                    spriteborder = { 48 48 }
                    size = { 110 40 }
                }

icon = {
                    name = "loyalty_icon"
                    position = { 2 0 }
                    size = { 36 36 }
                    using = icon_loyalty
                }

textbox = {
                    name = "national_unity"
                    position = { 72 3 }
                    using = MarbleButtonFont
                    autoresize = yes
                    text = "total_national_unity"
                    tooltip = "national_unity_desc"
                    widgetanchor = top|hcenter
                }

tooltip = "national_unity_modifiers"
            }
Ah on the thing with the tooltip you can have a tooltip_enabled = FunctionReturningBool which will work

Hmm, you're right. I confused with the nation interface, where this may displayed more in line with grammar rules, but this ones is entirely hardcoded :(

Ah on the thing with the tooltip you can have a tooltip_enabled = FunctionReturningBool which will work
Ok nifty, can I add more than one tooltip to the same widget?
What I'm trying to achieve is having the tooltip show modifiers affecting the variable shown in the widget text. So if tyranny > 0 show a tyranny tooltip, if aggressive expansion > 0 show tooltip for that, if both > 0 show both tooltips etc
First I thought I could simply do it with custom localization, but it doesn't seem to work in the tooltip localization unfortunately

Last edited: