Angel of Death
- Jan 4, 2003
Thanks for your answers; most informative and makes perfect sense
Ok, I was just curios of how to get Italy in the Axis, since their neutrality seems to take forever to drop, while Japan can without any effort from my side.Italy and Japan will join axis once their neutrality is low enough, unless there's a human interfering, they'll never drift out of your corner.
Ach soTo understand why that's wad, here's how tech espionage works:
(1) the game determines a base chance of stealing a tech (depending on techs, ministers, doctrines, spies, factions, modifiers)
(2) each 24h it's checked if you've got luck.
(3) if you got luck, there's a tech of your enemy randomly selected to be stolen
(4) if you already got that tech, it's useless, so you won't get a message
(5) if you haven't got it, it get's stolen and added to your tech tree (including message for you
(6) depending on the targets counter-espionage, there's a chance they'll see who has stolen that tech, it doesn't influence AI behavior though.
Seeing the mechanism, you'll realize, that Tech Espionage get's better with every tech you're behind - as Germany it's pretty useless to do tech espionage.
Ok, raise UK threat it is, then.Italy's common border against France is virtually unpenetrable, if properly defended. While Italy's border with France is small, fortified and mountainous, Italy has a long vulnerable coastline - and the UK the biggest navy of the time.