• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have a district with > 3000 industry workplaces, but the large parking lot remains empty and the bus isn't used very much - how to the Cims commute there? Bug or Feature? :)
Feature.
Most of cims should not reach work for industries/offices to operate.
It is the same as CS1.

Is there a way to use developer mode to reduce the traffic needed in the cargo terminals?

I have multiple cargo terminals but most trucks go to the closest one.

I know I can fill the resource of a factory or shop one-by-one in developer mode but it is infeasible to manually fill thousands of places.

Does anyone know if the education distribution chart includes children and retired people? I'm trying to balance my workplaces with education levels but realised it would be a fruitless venture if the non-working population is included in the education chart.

Screenshot 2024-02-01 at 21.28.44.png

Workplaces are not exclusive to a district. Anyone can go anywhere. It is more a matter of communication. So, if you have e.g. good public transport, cims will work anywhere.

Hey guys, I've been wondering how to build quays as I cant figure it out.
With a lot of skill and patience, using a road on the edge of the cliff.
You have to get the wall under the road to appear as a dock, but this is mixed with the cliff and is difficult.

Is it possible that Cities Skylines 2 has a compatibility issue with Windows 11?

I use Windows 11 myself and currently cannot play the game.

I read from a player in another forum that his problems with the game were solved by installing Windows 10 instead of Windows 11.

Since I don't have nearly enough information to judge this objectively, I'm asking this question here.

Best regards
Seldra

Is it possible that Cities Skylines 2 has a compatibility issue with Windows 11?

I use Windows 11 myself and currently cannot play the game.

I read from a player in another forum that his problems with the game were solved by installing Windows 10 instead of Windows 11.

Since I don't have nearly enough information to judge this objectively, I'm asking this question here.

Best regards
Seldra
Out of the many things broken with this game, running it on Win 11 hasn't been one of them for me.

Make sure your version is updated, and check your drivers. I hope you get it to launch so you can see all the things really wrong with the game. Good luck

Edit. I just remembered something, there was a problem with the launcher itself. The launcher didn't update correctly and the one I had from Crusader Kings 3 stayed in my installed apps list. I had to manually use regedit to dig it out and kill it so that the new launcher version would install.

That was all the way back in October so I had forgotten, I just looked up my first posts about cs2 and there it was. If the problem is that you can't get the new launcher to run and keep getting error 1603, it's because the old launcher didn't uninstall properly and you need to go kill it.

No problem starting the game since then.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: