Quick Questions - Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Where can I see the net migration I'm getting for my country? All I've found was this at the top of the screen, but this is (I think) only net births.

1669059558697.png

Last edited:
which tech unlocks steel frame building production method for construction? I've been staring at the production tech tree for a solid 20 minutes and can't find it lol

am I an idiot or...?

which tech unlocks steel frame building production method for construction? I've been staring at the production tech tree for a solid 20 minutes and can't find it lol

am I an idiot or...?
It is Steel-Frame Buildings in the society tree. You can also look at the tooltip for the production method to see which tech it is. Or you can look at the production method on the wiki which links to the right tech

Reactions:
Just to check that I'm not missing something obvious, in the game is there a page with my nation's list of states and some general information? Something like EUIV ledger.

Should I try to go ham on everybody when I'm about 55% of world GDP? I think I should be able to field a regular army of something like 1,5 mil which is roughly equal to 3 of the 5 largest military powers plus 600 conscripts? If I do, should I stop caring about infamy completely or try to go, cough, balkanizing largest countries via release country diplomatic plays?
On a somewhat related subject. Is mass conscription a good idea? I'm in doubt because apparantly it makes conscripts weaker... In particular, I'm trying to figure out if there is an innate malus to conscript offence and defence numbers provided, I'm giving conscripts the same equipment regulars get?

I may sound stupid by asking it, but is there a way to sort building menu by peasants and unemployed together? I mean, both are potential workers aren't they?

Just to check that I'm not missing something obvious, in the game is there a page with my nation's list of states and some general information? Something like EUIV ledger.
Erm, something called map list at the very bottom of the left-side menu? No but seriously I'd like to know if that's actually it too...

Should I try to go ham on everybody when I'm about 55% of world GDP? I think I should be able to field a regular army of something like 1,5 mil which is roughly equal to 3 of the 5 largest military powers plus 600 conscripts? If I do, should I stop caring about infamy completely or try to go, cough, balkanizing largest countries via release country diplomatic plays?
Yep. As soon as you're able to fight the #2 power to a white peace, you can start ignoring infamy. It does mean accepting the pariah penalties permanently (more radicals from conquest, fewer diplomatic options), but you'll be big enough to deal with that.

"Liberate country" can still be useful because that way you can reduce them to below Great Power size and then you can puppet what's left. Though as you get bigger, they'll slip out of Great Power status without that too. In my recent Germany game I was able to puppet Russia, Great Britain, and Great Qing.

Balkanizing them also stops them from trying to cut you down to size over snd over.

The main thing limiting your conquests will be lag. In my experience, the end game slowdown and crashes get much worse if you own half the world.

On a somewhat related subject. Is mass conscription a good idea? I'm in doubt because apparantly it makes conscripts weaker... In particular, I'm trying to figure out if there is an innate malus to conscript offence and defence numbers provided, I'm giving conscripts the same equipment regulars get?
Mass conscription actually prevents you from selecting advanced equipment for the conscripts. You can still upgrade their primary type (trench infantry etc) but not the bonuses (like reconnaissance). I'd say it's a bad idea if you plan to make use of conscripts in your wars, because troop quality matters so much. But if you just want to pad your numbers to scare the AI, then it should work fine.

I may sound stupid by asking it, but is there a way to sort building menu by peasants and unemployed together? I mean, both are potential workers aren't they?
I think there are mods for that

Last edited:
The main thing limiting your conquests will be lag. In my experience, the end game slowdown and crashes get much worse if you own half the world.
Huh, that's actually pretty depressing...
"Liberate country" can still be useful because that way you can reduce them to below Great Power size and then you can puppet what's left. Though as you get bigger, they'll slip out of Great Power status without that too. In my recent Germany game I was able to puppet Russia, Great Britain, and Great Qing.
It seems to me that if I was eyeing world conquest or something close to it, I would need to take so much land that lack of infamy from liberation of countries would be irrelevant. Penalties of being a pariah are apparantly stay the same at 120 and 220 infamy...
But liberation of countries can still be super useful during earlier stages of the campaign while I was still trying to maintain a decent reputation. It's how they say in EU4 - the goal of a midgame is to defeat the strongest nation in the world (usually the Ottomans) but what if all the competitors could be defeated before the midgame even starts...
Mass conscription actually prevents you from selecting advanced equipment for the conscripts. You can still upgrade their primary type (trench infantry etc) but not the bonuses (like reconnaissance). I'd say it's a bad idea if you plan to make use of conscripts in your wars, because troop quality matters so much. But if you just want to pad your numbers to scare the AI, then it should work fine.
That's what I thought. I think I'll stick to the professional army with 1,3-1,5 mil regulars with 1mil of decent conscripts whenever I need them.

It seems to me that if I was eyeing world conquest or something close to it, I would need to take so much land that lack of infamy from liberation of countries would be irrelevant. Penalties of being a pariah are apparantly stay the same at 120 and 220 infamy...
Yeah the limiting factor becomes how many war goals you can add in each diplomatic play. There's a cost for each, in diplomatic maneuver points. (There's a tech to boost that a bit too -- Multilateral Alliances). Making them release countries is more efficient in diplomatic maneuvers than conquering states, if you just want to make them smaller. Assuming the liberated countries are beefy and not just 1 state themselves. Unfortunately I haven't found a way to make the game show me ahead of time; I just guess.

The other limiting factor is that most countries start backing down instead of fighting you, which means you only get 1 war goal at a time. In that situation it's also beneficial to liberate countries because it means more countries that you can declare on separately, for 1 war goal each.