• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
you can control your kids and grandkids, and I believe you can control your wards. Anyone else can't be prohibited from marrying, though if they're single and in your court you can try and find a good match for them before they go and find a bad one for themselves.
You can 'sort of' control who people in your court marry by setting up betrothals to prevent them from marrying someone else, then breaking the betrothal when you are ready to marry them to someone. There is the obvious cost of breaking the betrothal though, but it might be worthwhile if the person is important enough to you.

Reactions:
I'm fairly new to the game and have a question.

I'm playing as a norse tribe right now and was able to vasallize another tribal leader nearby. While checking out some relationships later on, I found out, that his wife was imprisoned - by himself as the jailer. Is this something that happens... by accident or is this "common stuff"?

I'm fairly new to the game and have a question.

I'm playing as a norse tribe right now and was able to vasallize another tribal leader nearby. While checking out some relationships later on, I found out, that his wife was imprisoned - by himself as the jailer. Is this something that happens... by accident or is this "common stuff"?
This often happens if the wife is adulterous. The AI will imprison her, but not obtain a divorce, and so they just sit with an imprisoned wife. I guess it's the old "If I can't have her, no one will!" mentality...

Reactions:
I plan to create Slavic pagan empire and I have a question regarding tenets: Adaptive, Religious Law, Tax Nonbelievers - are those at least workable or simply bad at all?
They go together pretty well. Whether they'll do what you want depends on your goal :)
If you plan to go feudal and still do a lot of conquering, you should have a tenet that gives you free CBs, such as Warmonger or Pursuit of Power.

Two questions.

1) I'm planning on a war of aggression against the Duke of the Isle of Man, because he has some territory in Scotland that I really want. I am High King of Ireland. (1066 start; so I'm a Feudal Society.) The Isle of Man's most powerful ally is the Duke of Ulster, my vassal. Can the Duke call my vassal into a war against me?

2) How often can I modify Feudal contracts? Is it once per ruler or once, period? Or is there a time limit, like once every 50 years? Because I'm fairly sure this ruler hasn't modified said Duke's (Ulster) feudal contract, but it won't let me do it, even with a hook because "the feudal contract has already been modified." It's possible that I'm mistaken and this ruler HAS modified the contract through an event. Could it be once per ruler of the vassal title?

Yet Another Partition Question (sorry), mostly about High Partition.

I'm currently under regular Partition (middle option), and have a kingdom, 3 duchies, 2 counties in my capital duchy, and five sons. The split right now is my primary heir gets my one kingdom; then the three duchies get split with the primary heir getting the capital duchy, and second and third sons getting one each; then fourth son gets the second county of my capital duchy; and there's nothing left for fifth son. This all makes sense to me.

What would happen if I switched to High Partition (plausibly researchable in my current character's lifetime)? My naive understanding from the wiki is that it would be as if I had two heirs, so primary heir would get the kingdom; then the duchies go capital duchy to primary heir and the other two duchies to the other blob of heirs, presumably one each for second and third sons. Since the other blob of heirs was "satisfied" with duchies, my capital duchy wouldn't split up and fourth and fifth sons would get nothing. Is this correct?

As a bonus question, should I care that much? On succession I would probably be able to fabricate on fourth son and get my capital duchy back intact, but only holding one county makes me nervous.

I reformed religion and after a long time (and many provinces converted, holy wars conducted and some sinful priests exposed) fervor dropped and old Slavic faith popped up. No problem with that, my question is: if I create new faith and after a long time reconvert my empire will my old reformed faith pop up ocasionally instead old Slavic?
Second question: my faith is gnostic (personally I never had a problem with stewardship malus) so if I create new faith with gnostic tenet I shouldn't have any problems with heretic counties, right?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Question:

In Feudal Elective, why do non-vassals get votes? The tooltip says only vassals get to vote, but I am seeing cases where a "neighboring ruler" has votes in my election (he is a different dynasty, different religion, independent ruler). In one case, he was voting for his own candidate, so it had no material impact. In another, he was voting for one of my rival candidates and messing with the election.

Can somebody confirm in this is WAD (but against the tooltop) or a bug or a temporary visual glitch? (I can provide screenshots if necessary, but I think it's clear).

How is "title allegiance" acquired and lost? Playing as the HRE, some of my vassals have allegiance to the HRE title, and others do not, and I can't figure out any rhyme or reason to who does and who does not.

Are all new vassals that I acquire as emperor made into my personal vassals, rather than vassals of the HRE title? Is there a way to change a vassal from one type of allegiance to the other?

• 1Like
Reactions:
What does "He is evil" mean in the context of voting? At the time he was a kid and had the rowdy and ambitious traits.
evil.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions:
Reactions:
If the oldest person in my dynasty started a cadet branch are they still eligible for seniority succession? Or does it go to the oldest member of the current house?
I believe that seniority succession is restricted to members of the same house, not dynasty, so a member of a cadet branch would be ineligible. Note also that the AI will not create a cadet branch if they are high in the succession order, so generally the oldest members of your house will not create cadet branches while you have seniority succession.

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I believe that seniority succession is restricted to members of the same house, not dynasty, so a member of a cadet branch would be ineligible.
Yes, this is how it works and you can do some nice tricks with it. If you want to do a 1066 Bohemia run, playing as Vratislav's son is good way to remove a bunch of people from the line of succession since your father tends to die lot as the AI so you can create a cadet branch immediately and, if you can press you claims and get all of the Bohemian titles your children will be next in line since they are the only other members for your house.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
AMAZING! THANK YOU so much I've been searching for the answer all day!

For reference I found myself in a weird situation where the next oldest members of my family were my cousin who formed a cadet branch and my first born son (by weeks), but I landed my other sons as dukes in Scotland before they were set to inherit England and Ireland as Kings... Everything was about to go to hell. I'M SO HAPPY I CAN UNPAUSE NOW! THANK YOU!

• 1Like
Reactions: