• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Trying to go for "Wily as the Fox".
I am independent King of Sicily. My unlanded brother has a wife, who has a Strong Claim on a Duchy of Achaia. She is in my court.
Duke of Achaia is an adult male, vassal to Byzantine Emperor, an underage boy.

Why can't I declare war on him for my sister-in-law's claim? Curiously "Declare War" diplomatic interaction is not grayed out, but when chosen, it shows no available casus bellis.

A bug? Or a mechanic I am unaware of?
you cannot use a female character's claim under male dominance(most christian faith) unless the target is also a female, a child, or an incapable(certain negative traits).

• 1Like
Reactions:
Trying to go for "Wily as the Fox".
I am independent King of Sicily. My unlanded brother has a wife, who has a Strong Claim on a Duchy of Achaia. She is in my court.
Duke of Achaia is an adult male, vassal to Byzantine Emperor, an underage boy.

Why can't I declare war on him for my sister-in-law's claim? Curiously "Declare War" diplomatic interaction is not grayed out, but when chosen, it shows no available casus bellis.

A bug? Or a mechanic I am unaware of?
Wouldn't the title holder themselves need to be female, a child, or incapable for another female claim to be valid for a CB?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Reactions:
Are there any living characters following a Hellenic religion at either start date, and if so who? And if not are there any events that offer it? It's cost-prohibitive without obvious metagaming.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Are there any living characters following a Hellenic religion at either start date, and if so who? And if not are there any events that offer it? It's cost-prohibitive without obvious metagaming.
Not AFAIK. You pretty much need to use the Ruler Designer to play a Hellenic.

Reactions:
Is there any way to add de jure land to a titular title? I got a titular kingdom title after I fought a Jihad against the Papacy for Romagna when I already had the Kingdom of Romagna (Papacy just had the last duchy it was missing). Now I have Romagna AND 'Crusader Romagna' and I'd like to make the duchy of Latium de jure part of Crusader Romagna, which apparently doesn't actually have de jure land yet.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Is there any way to add de jure land to a titular title? I got a titular kingdom title after I fought a Jihad against the Papacy for Romagna when I already had the Kingdom of Romagna (Papacy just had the last duchy it was missing). Now I have Romagna AND 'Crusader Romagna' and I'd like to make the duchy of Latium de jure part of Crusader Romagna, which apparently doesn't actually have de jure land yet.
No, while de jure titles can become titular titles, titular titles cannot become de jure titles.

Reactions:
It'd be a lot cooler if you could.
I mean I see the argument for that, but I personably wouldn’t want de jure shifts happening to titular titles, mainly due to border gore. I can already see a populist revolt kingdom with one de jure duchy inside of Germany or Persia.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I mean I see the argument for that, but I personably wouldn’t want de jure shifts happening to titular titles, mainly due to border gore. I can already see a populist revolt kingdom with one de jure duchy inside of Germany or Persia.
I guess. It just also seems to me that we shouldn't be generating new titles quite so frequently. I've got custom kingdoms turned OFF and I got this thing.

• 1Like
Reactions:
No, while de jure titles can become titular titles, titular titles cannot become de jure titles.
Even if you only have a titular title at your top tier, like only a titular kingdom and no other kingdoms? They could drift then in CK2 IIRC, but I never tried it in CK3.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Even if you only have a titular title at your top tier, like only a titular kingdom and no other kingdoms? They could drift then in CK2 IIRC, but I never tried it in CK3.
I've left the entire duchy of Latium with the kingdom of 'Crusader Romagna' for several decades now, and the de jure kingdom map is only showing changes where Ghana has been going crazy in Africa.

Maybe I'll see if I can switch over to the grandson running things there though and see if he can start up an integrate title.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Titles can only de-jure drift to adjacent above-tier titles - as titular titles have no de-jure land, they have no adjacent titles that could drift in either.

Reactions:
I found a new Christian faith where only women can be clergy and can't marry. I noticed that I couldn't become my realm priests lover. They always lay with me but nothing more.
What's the reason for that? Is it because marriage and thus intimacy was prohibited?
I haven't tried seducing another priest but how come so many Christian priests (including the pope) have so many lovers but I can't have a female one?

Also is there a way to make family member clergymen?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Also is there a way to make family member clergymen?
If you have Temporal Appointment of clergy, you can nominate whoever is eligible, including family. If temple holdings are set to Spiritual, title-holders can't be appointed as priests, but also, priests can't inherit titles, so appointing your kid as realm priest can be used to remove one child from the succession.

Reactions:
If you have Temporal Appointment of clergy, you can nominate whoever is eligible, including family. If temple holdings are set to Spiritual, title-holders can't be appointed as priests, but also, priests can't inherit titles, so appointing your kid as realm priest can be used to remove one child from the succession.
Can't you make the temple of a county the county capital and then assign a family member to it even under spiritual?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Can't you make the temple of a county the county capital and then assign a family member to it even under spiritual?
Maybe? I thought you had to hold the barony to make it the county capital, though... you can hold cities temporarily and get nothing from them, but is it possible to temporarily hold a temple with the Spiritual doctrine enabled?

Reactions: