• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have children who are leaving for activities without prompting me to give them permission. Often they come back dead or injured. Is there a way to keep them at court, or at least ask me for permission?

Reactions:

No available holdings to construct​

I have the county of Ghat.
I have the capital + 3 baronies + 2 empty holding spaces.
The button for "Construct new Holding" is greyed out.
Is there some sort of a tech requirement?

No available holdings to construct​

I have the county of Ghat.
I have the capital + 3 baronies + 2 empty holding spaces.
The button for "Construct new Holding" is greyed out.
Is there some sort of a tech requirement?
There is for some buildings a tech requirement.

Tribal:
  • Barracks - Unlocks all Tribal Era Military Buildings
  • Mottes - Unlocks all Tribal Era Fortification Buildings
  • Crop Rotation - Unlocks all Tribal Era Economic Buildings
  • City Planning - Unlocks City and Temple Holdings
Early Medieval:
  • Battlements - Unlocks all Early Medieval Era Fortification Buildings
  • Burhs - Unlocks all Early Medieval Era Military Buildings
  • Manorialism - Unlocks all Early Medieval Era Economic Buildings
High Medieval:
  • Castle Baileys - Unlocks all High Medieval Era Military Buildings
  • Hoardings - Unlocks all High Medieval Era Fortification Buildings
  • Windmills - Unlocks all High Medieval Era Economic Buildings
Late Medieval:
  • Machicolations - Unlocks all Late Medieval Era Fortification Buildings
  • Royal Armory - Unlocks all Late Medieval Era Military Buildings
  • Cranes - Unlocks all Late Medieval Era Economic Buildings

You can find the list of innovations here on the wiki.

Playing the Byzantine Emperor. Had a son with the queen of England, he inherited both of our claims. Landed him as a count in my realm. Then helped along mommy's journey to the afterlife. Now why does he end up becoming the independent king of England, instead of the king of England as a vassal of the Byzantine Empire? I'd understand if it were an empire title, but England is only king-tier!

Playing the Byzantine Emperor. Had a son with the queen of England, he inherited both of our claims. Landed him as a count in my realm. Then helped along mommy's journey to the afterlife. Now why does he end up becoming the independent king of England, instead of the king of England as a vassal of the Byzantine Empire? I'd understand if it were an empire title, but England is only king-tier!
If a vassal inherits a title of a higher tier than their current primary title, they inherit the vassalage status of the higher tier title - if it's independent, they become independent. This is in contrast to pushing claims of others in war, where they become your vassal as long as they are lower tier than you are.

Reactions:
If I am reading the wiki right, if I have already hybridised a European culture with an Arabic culture (in this case, a slavic heritage one (Polish divergence then Czech hybrid) with Maghrebi), then forming the Outremer empire wouldn't give me the Outremer culture?

Would I need to hybridise with a different heritage first so it's considered a European culture again?

Friend and I were playing multiplayer as cousins of the same dynasty.
We collected lots of legacy points and my friend was the dynasty head. However the game skilled the legacy for languages twice on it's own without our input. Is this a bug?
We wanted to play the same dynasty to quickly spread and level though the legacies, but if it's bugged in multiplayer that's a pitty

Anyone else got experiences with this?

Friend and I were playing multiplayer as cousins of the same dynasty.
We collected lots of legacy points and my friend was the dynasty head. However the game skilled the legacy for languages twice on it's own without our input. Is this a bug?
We wanted to play the same dynasty to quickly spread and level though the legacies, but if it's bugged in multiplayer that's a pitty

Anyone else got experiences with this?
Was your friend house head or dynasty head?

when your friends character died did a child succeed? If so someone else in the family becomes head until he is an adult. If he was saving points or just not paying attention the AI will pick once they take over.

Was your friend house head or dynasty head?

when your friends character died did a child succeed? If so someone else in the family becomes head until he is an adult. If he was saving points or just not paying attention the AI will pick once they take over.
Oh I don't know if it was house or dynasty head, when I went to the legacy tab, I saw his character depicted on the top. I assumed this is the dynasty head, didn't prove read it. His character didn't die.

How come i get the option to end house feud, but it doesnt tell me it is from my side only? i "ended" the house fued after i killed my nemesis & house head of the rival house. But after i checked their dynasty they are still at my throats, im okey with that sort of,if only i knew it was from my side only.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Does the inspiration "he wants to forge something magnificent" actually matter? like, is there a chance for better events or a higher chance of bonuses, additional bonus slots on the artifact etc? if not, kinda should be. and make it rare.

Does the inspiration "he wants to forge something magnificent" actually matter? like, is there a chance for better events or a higher chance of bonuses, additional bonus slots on the artifact etc? if not, kinda should be. and make it rare.
I always look at the inspiration icon on the down-right side of the character, there it has an info like „He is a master in his art“ which indicates which quality you can expect

I always look at the inspiration icon on the down-right side of the character, there it has an info like „He is a master in his art“ which indicates which quality you can expect
Yeah i do too, but it specifically mentions what he want to make. a magnificent sword. Im just wondering if thats better than just wanting to make a sword /weapon. If it was a weaver they could specify if they want to weave daily life etc.

I only bother with master & legendary after i get a slot in crown/regalia.

Is the grand wedding bugged? My character promised a grand wedding, but can't fulfil it for no obvious reason. Both characters aren't traveling or occupied with an activity, but still I can't start the wedding. The spouse just turned 16, does it have somehting to do with the age? It also says that I have 0 days left to make the grand wedding happen, albeit the notification icon on top for the grand wedding just popped up.
Should I have started the grand wedding before the spuse turned 16? Now it seems too late and I wonder why. This mechanic seems to lack proper info. It didn't notify me about the grand wedding until it was too late.

Last edited:
Is the grand wedding bugged? My character promised a grand wedding, but can't fulfil it for no obvious reason. Both characters aren't traveling or occupied with an activity, but still I can't start the wedding. The spouse just turned 16, does it have somehting to do with the age? It also says that I have 0 days left to make the grand wedding happen, albeit the notification icon on top for the grand wedding just popped up.
Should I have started the grand wedding before the spuse turned 16? Now it seems too late and I wonder why. This mechanic seems to lack proper info. It didn't notify me about the grand wedding until it was too late.
Yes

Reactions:
Does the “Flighty: Ride or Die” event fall outside the game rules, given that my character died while mounted on a horse and the Random Harm Target is set to AI Only?

Last edited: