• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How to speed up this next one? months and months that the construction doesn’t start because there was a lack of lumber, steel and cement, so I put 2 thousand of these products in the stockpile and enabled them to buy for the buildings, but even so I still have 2 thousand of cement in the stockpile, and cement doesn’t reach buildings to start.
20200802030951_1.jpg

How to speed up this next one? months and months that the construction doesn’t start because there was a lack of lumber, steel and cement, so I put 2 thousand of these products in the stockpile and enabled them to buy for the buildings, but even so I still have 2 thousand of cement in the stockpile, and cement doesn’t reach buildings to start.
View attachment 604743

The factory construction investment needs the cash to buy the cement from the national stockpile as well.

Reactions:
How can I see what countries a foreign nation is allied with?

Apart from the diplo tab info, you can also use the diplo map mode and select the nation you like to know about.

Does anyone know how to mod the AI behavior? Mostly for scripted wars (HongKong, and other conquests), removing a desire to sphere certain countries and to have Britain not want anything to do with PRU/NGF/GER

• 1Like
Reactions:
What modifies army/navy build costs?

I noticed my units need ~50% more goods to be built than defined in their respective files. For instance, Man'o'War has defined clipper_convoy = 50 cost (HPM), but in-game I'm seeing it requires 76 clipper convoys. Similar for other units. I don't think it can be just Supply Consumption, it is only at 120-130%.

What modifies army/navy build costs?

I noticed my units need ~50% more goods to be built than defined in their respective files. For instance, Man'o'War has defined clipper_convoy = 50 cost (HPM), but in-game I'm seeing it requires 76 clipper convoys. Similar for other units. I don't think it can be just Supply Consumption, it is only at 120-130%.
Poor administration.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Does anyone have a detailed overview of how Pops promote and demote? I've been reading the Wiki but it seems a bit light on detail i.e. some of the types have no mention of the demotion/promotion rules.

Does anyone have a detailed overview of how Pops promote and demote? I've been reading the Wiki but it seems a bit light on detail i.e. some of the types have no mention of the demotion/promotion rules.
All the pops have the same promotion/demotion chance defined I common/pop_types.txt file.

Was really trying to understand the flowchart on this wiki page:

I am brand new to Vic 2 and Pops so just trying to get a basic (but solid basic) understanding of how they move from one type to another.
I see. I think the easiest way to do this is by looking at the in-game stats. In Population screen you can click on pops icon to open its details. There you'll see probabilities for that pop to promote to every other eligible pop. If you hover over the number, you'll get a breakdown of factors affecting that pop promotion chance.

For a more advanced info, go to poptypes folder and check out individual files. I'm not sure there is an online summary of these files.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Which map(s)? Most of them should be fairly self-explanatory, especially if you read through the pop-ups when mousing over various areas.
To start - Infrastructure. Most of Belgium is Blue, a couple of provinces are not. Only difference I can see is that the blue ones have 0% Infrastructure - whatever that means

To start - Infrastructure. Most of Belgium is Blue, a couple of provinces are not. Only difference I can see is that the blue ones have 0% Infrastructure - whatever that means
In the blue ones, you can build railroads. The normal ones are already built up to the level you're allowed to build and the red ones are not yet possible to build in because of terrain.

In the blue ones, you can build railroads. The normal ones are already built up to the level you're allowed to build and the red ones are not yet possible to build in because of terrain.
Hmm, ok, thanks. Still think I must be missing a key/Legend somewhere because what you'd described isn't obvious - especially to a new player.

Reactions: