• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks. What exactly does the selling goods to population do? And how do I sell goods to the population?
In this case it is supposed to flood the market with goods, leading to an market crash, and hopefully even more poverty.
T1.jpg

Hello
I have a problem with my actual game, since the beginning I was doing pretty good on my economy, each class was green or blue, a minority of yellow. But suddenly (after I won a war to puppet China if it is related) 85% of my artisans failed to provide any good (red), I try to reduce tax for my middle class to 0 for a year, nothing changes, I decreased importation tax to -5% (it was at 0 during my entire game), still the same: almost all my artisans cannot provide any goods, and I have this situation for 5 years now... what could be the problem? All other professions are doing very good (none are red), my nation is 4th, and my industry is the 4th too...

PS: also something totally unrelated, I puppet China but it still in the sphere of influence of Russia (who helps me to win this war), I guess I didn't understood the purpose of puppetting a nation, I thought I will be in charge of the diplomacy for this nation... so basically it was useless :/

Last edited:
Hello
I have a problem with my actual game, since the beginning I was doing pretty good on my economy, each class was green or blue, a minority of yellow. But suddenly (after I won a war to puppet China if it is related) 85% of my artisans failed to provide any good (red), I try to reduce tax for my middle class to 0 for a year, nothing changes, I decreased importation tax to -5% (it was at 0 during my entire game), still the same: almost all my artisans cannot provide any goods, and I have this situation for 5 years now... what could be the problem? All other professions are doing very good (none are red), my nation is 4th, and my industry is the 4th too...

PS: also something totally unrelated, I puppet China but it still in the sphere of influence of Russia (who helps me to win this war), I guess I didn't understood the purpose of puppetting a nation, I thought I will be in charge of the diplomacy for this nation... so basically it was useless :/

Artisans are pretty much doomed to failure after about the mid-game, when factories outcompete them. There's nothing you can really do for them except refuse to industrialize, which is shooting yourself in the foot. So, WAD.

Re: puppets; the purpose of puppets is to give you loyal allies who can never break free. It might be easier to sphere a puppet, but you do have to sphere them separately. Puppeting is good if you want a powerful friend but you can't be bothered to conquer them yourself.

Hello
(..) :/

It seems that the quantillions of artisans of your new puppet outcompete your domestic artisans. Sounds like a modern setup...

ok couple questions.
1st: How can you change the major party in your nation, as a democracy.
- Conservatives got a 90% control at one point, and have for the past five years been loosing out to a growing liberal movement, yet for almost 20 years the party I have been backing has fallen to .5% though they have finally made it back to 2% of the population. Whats the best way to take care of this
2nd: Whats the best way to bring about a change in your government.
- My ultimate goal was to take Switzerland to a Authoritarian Regime, Conquering all of Europe. My inability to do things as simple as build my own factories (part of question number one).
3rd: What does it take to build railroads in the mountains.
4th: what do you do about Rebel groups. I am assuming "Hunt rebels" for troops only works when actual rebel brigades appear.
5th: If i have the button clicked, shouldn't my factories be using supplies from the nations stockpile?

Last edited:
Artisans are pretty much doomed to failure after about the mid-game, when factories outcompete them. There's nothing you can really do for them except refuse to industrialize, which is shooting yourself in the foot. So, WAD.

Re: puppets; the purpose of puppets is to give you loyal allies who can never break free. It might be easier to sphere a puppet, but you do have to sphere them separately. Puppeting is good if you want a powerful friend but you can't be bothered to conquer them yourself.

Out of interest, what do artisans tend to do when they become unemployed? Do they switch to something else, do they tend towards a certain rebel type?

Out of interest, what do artisans tend to do when they become unemployed? Do they switch to something else, do they tend towards a certain rebel type?

They're supposed to shift to another profession. There's no hard and fast rule as to what they're going to switch to, however; check the POP promotions to find out what a particular POP is likely to do.

Artisans lean heavily towards Reactionary, Conservative and (when available) Fascist rebel groups.

Hello all - just started a CSA game today and successfully fought off the Union. Immigration was going well until I colonized a good bit of Africa, after which I don't think I got a single immigrant. Did I just lose my American democracy modifier by colonizing? Is there anything else that could have cut off my immigration?

Hello all - just started a CSA game today and successfully fought off the Union. Immigration was going well until I colonized a good bit of Africa, after which I don't think I got a single immigrant. Did I just lose my American democracy modifier by colonizing? Is there anything else that could have cut off my immigration?

Unemployment.

How do I make life rating lower so I can colonize like example I want to colonize western algeria but it says we can colonize liferating of 20 but it says algeria liferating is 10 how can I make it so I can colonize western algeria before Italy and Brazil takes everything.

Unemployment doesn't seem to be a problem, at least in my factories. Are there other possibilities?

Pops first decide if they want to emigrate and then decide where to. It is possible in theory to have no unemployment but to lose immigrants over to other countries in the Americas, most notably USA and some South American countries. Also, extremely stable Europe (ie no major wars) will provide less immigrants for Americas.

How do I westernize?

You pass reforms. Each reform is worth a certain percentage, when you reach 100% alltogether, you can click westernize button which is in the same tab.

How do I make life rating lower so I can colonize like example I want to colonize western algeria but it says we can colonize liferating of 20 but it says algeria liferating is 10 how can I make it so I can colonize western algeria before Italy and Brazil takes everything.

Certain techs lower minimal life rating you can colonize. 1) Medicine (-5), 2) Machine Guns (-10) and Nationalism and Imperialism (-10). Some are inventions so it takes time for them to fire.

I want to pause the game. So I press the pause button. But the game won't stay paused. I press pause, I wait to see the 2 red pause lines appear, so the game is paused. Then I'm looking at something, trying to understand what I'm looking at, and I notice the game isn't paused. So I press pause again, double-check to make sure it is paused, yes the calendar is not advancing so that means it's paused. Again I go back to what I was looking at, and AGAIN, it isn't paused and armies are moving against me. This happens every single time. I never pressed unpause so why won't the game stay paused?

If this question has been answered already my apologies, but apparently you can't search specifically for info on a specific game. It shows you responses from all of Paradox's games which don't have anything to do with the question, and then you have to wait 60 seconds between each search - I'm not going to do that for every single question I have.

Last edited:
Unemployment doesn't seem to be a problem, at least in my factories. Are there other possibilities?

In the new colonies. Since acquiring colonies caused you to stop getting immigrants, thats probably where all the unemployed are. Colonies usually have massive unemployment, so if you want immigrants, you need to be quite careful about not adding much colonial population.

How do you promote POPs to soldiers? I have military spending at 100% but some of my soldier POPs are changing into Officers. I have enough officers, I need soldiers. I don't see any other POPs being promoted to soldiers.

Yes I am new and all but if I am not mistaken you just build soldiers and the pop for soldiers should go up anyone correct me if I am wrong.