Quick Questions/ Quick Answers - HoI4

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
does anyone by any chance know offhand how hoi4 weighs options of an event that has no ai_chance block, such as germany.66? is it a straight 50/50 split, or is there some other (dynamic?) weighing that occurs?

• 2Like
Reactions:
I'm almost out of manpower, while my faction leader that I'm in war together with has over 8 million free. The tooltip for requesting garrison support is that they don't have enough manpower. I've never seen this before. Is this WAD? Am I missing something?

When Nat China joined the commitern, they gladly gave me half a million men, so it's not like I didn't need them.

Attachments

• 20220510192641_1.jpg
    20220510192641_1.jpg
    1.006,4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220510192636_1.jpg
    20220510192636_1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I noticed this on the wiki the other day: set_var sov_paranoia 0 The notes say: "Change paranoia points for Stalin to 0" . I haven't tried it so can't guarantee it, let us know how you go.

I just tried it on a save game and it sent Stalin's paranoia from 20 to zero

Thanks for the help

• 4Like
Reactions:
How do you know when you received a requested lend lease? I saw some tutorials that say "pay attention, when you get your lend lease...." but you are not notified in any way and i have no idea where it should show up for me to track

How do you know when you received a requested lend lease? I saw some tutorials that say "pay attention, when you get your lend lease...." but you are not notified in any way and i have no idea where it should show up for me to track

I've never found a way to get a formal notification of lend lease deliveries. Usually, the way I keep tabs on them is via the Diplomatic screen for my nation. Here's what it looks like when Lend Lease is on it's way:

lend_lease_example1.png

And here's what it looks like on April 19, the day after it's been delivered. After this point, it should show up on your logistics screen, or, if you had a equipment deficit in your deployed forces, you would see the lend lease on your Army equipment details screen.

lend_lease_example2.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I've never found a way to get a formal notification of lend lease deliveries. Usually, the way I keep tabs on them is via the Diplomatic screen for my nation. Here's what it looks like when Lend Lease is on it's way:

View attachment 850117

And here's what it looks like after it's been delivered. After this point, it should show up on your logistics screen, or on your Army equipment details screen.

View attachment 850118
Oh wow, I NEVER look at the diplo screen and that's the last place i ever would have looked, i was loosing my mind in the logistics tab. thanks.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Why adding radar on a ship reduces its range by half? I have DD II with 1800 range and when I add new radar to it its reduced to 900...what is the point?
Do you know how to add the radar wihout loosing the range?

But what does X% supply status imply?
As I understand from the wiki, supply status affects the stored supply grace as well as current stats. That is, a unit will draw down its stored supply to maintain its effective supply level at 100% until the stored supply matches the percentage of supply that it's actually receiving. So rather than 150% stored supply, the unit starts with 37%, if the undersupply condition has been there for long enough to reach steady state.

From screenshots, effects of low supply appear to me to scale with the supply percentage. There seems to be a multiplier that's always applied to combat stats (attacks / breakthrough / defense), rather than a few thresholds that step up to fixed percentages. I haven't looked at the numbers hard enough to figure out if there's a formula with coefficients, etc., that turn a supply level into another number to calculate effective stats, or whether it's just a straight multiply by the supply percentage.

Below 35%, units take additional supply-based attrition.

Reactions:
...I was going to ask about how to adjust the fps caps because it seems my graphics card can't do the 60 fps it's expected to do at speed 0-2, but it does 30 fps very well at speed 3-4... Basically, the game progresses much smoother at speed 3 than speed 2 for me.

But then bitmode's framerate page said the caps are all hardcoded.

So I guess I can't adjust that in any way. Or can I?

I want to run at 30 fps.

The available units get added in descending order by (soft_attack + hard_attack + defense) * org * strength. On the attacking side, breakthrough replaces defense.

These two defines, how do they relate to that formula?

Code:
COMBAT_VALUE_ORG_IMPORTANCE = 1,
COMBAT_VALUE_STR_IMPORTANCE = 1,

Is it harmful to bump the ORG one up? Will it actually have an effect?

Background: I just witnessed a series of combats where the 20w AI troops were always being selected for defending, despite some of them having <15 organisation, and my 10w marines at full organisation were always left in the reserve.

I'd like to avoid the situation.

Edit: oh, wait, are those for the battleplanner?