Quick Questions/ Quick Answers - HoI4

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@bitmode That was an exact answer I expected, thank you.

Here are some more:

Subject: Expeditionary forces

Question: When you as a master request forces from your puppet and then send them to fight the enemy, why does the casualty report mess up the battle report concerning casualties taken/suffered and casualties inflicted? See a photo below!

1591628446254.png

To be clear, I attacked the Soviet Union with Manchukuo forces which carry a Manchukuo flag, insignias etc... But the report says the Japanese are the ones who inflicted the casualties while Manchukuo suffered the casualties.

Subject: Exiled goverment

Question: What do you need to host an exiled goverment from the same faction? Do you have to be a leader? Does this work only for democratic countries? If yes, can you host different ideologies?

Thank you

Question: When you as a master request forces from your puppet and then send them to fight the enemy, why does the casualty report mess up the battle report concerning casualties taken/suffered and casualties inflicted? See a photo below!
This is a limitation in how battle losses are accounted. Manpower (and equipment) losses are only accounted for once, after the battle ended. They are attributed to the "first" country on the enemy side in the battle, which in this case is Japan, controlling the units. As soon as multiple countries are involved on one side of a battle, the attribution will not be correct.
Subject: Exiled goverment

Question: What do you need to host an exiled goverment from the same faction? Do you have to be a leader? Does this work only for democratic countries? If yes, can you host different ideologies?
I don't have Man the Guns, but someone else probably has an answer.

Reactions:
For me the Spacebar doesn't work in MP, but the Break Button does. You also can click on the date button itself of course.
So I don't really understand your question bitmode. Do you mean the Break Key when you say pause button? Or do you mean clicking the button in the interface?

Getting the thread back from page #11.

Am I right to conclude that Double Agent is essentially a useless trait? It doesn't provide anything which you won't get by simply recruiting from the nation in question, plus the turncoat is likely to come when you already have your agent slots filled, plus that guy is also behind in perks and/or experience. Am I missing something here?

Am I missing something here?

I don't think you are wrong, look:
operative_double_agent = {
type = operative
trait_type = personality_trait

new_commander_weight = {
factor = 0 # only from events
}

modifier = {
# something good
}
}

There is no modifier; only the remark, that the devs will add something later.

Edit: spelling

Last edited:
Reactions:
Yeah I did a search and it's only used to determine whether an agent can be turned - a double agent can only be captured, not turned.

Reactions:
I don't think you a wrong, look:
operative_double_agent = {
type = operative
trait_type = personality_trait

new_commander_weight = {
factor = 0 # only from events
}

modifier = {
# something good
}
}

There is no modifier; only the remark, that the devs will add something later.
Good to know, I was too lazy to jump on to the files this time. "Something good" is good enough for RP, I guess.
That's unfortunate though, as from the term itself I really expected him to be like captured agent pumping me with intel - but far quicker and also useful for the missions with a greater effect.

Hey, is there a way to 'force' naval reinforcement? Example... naval combat start with fleet 'A'. Supporting fleet 'B' is in patrol order. I want fleet 'B' to come and support 'A'. I try to change order to strike force, but then they go to port. I try changing to manual override, by putting no order and sailing it it the sea zone, but it doesn't engage. Even if I change to aggressive status. Am I just impatient?

Hey, is there a way to 'force' naval reinforcement? Example... naval combat start with fleet 'A'. Supporting fleet 'B' is in patrol order. I want fleet 'B' to come and support 'A'. I try to change order to strike force, but then they go to port. I try changing to manual override, by putting no order and sailing it it the sea zone, but it doesn't engage. Even if I change to aggressive status. Am I just impatient?
A task force on hold in a province will only join or start combat against an enemy that is likewise on hold. So usually you cannot reinforce battles this way. Switching a TF to strike force after the the battle has already started is also problematic because fleets do not re-evaluate their decisions (see https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/how-strike-forces-decide-to-attack.1303962/ for details).
I think the only reliable way (which I haven't tested) would be switching the TF to high engagement level, set it to strike force, and move it to a separate fleet.

Reactions:
mhm interesting need to try this with setting it on Strike Force in port and then move the fleet trough the battle.

Often enough fleets on hold do join ongoing battles on the same tile, but not everytime, which is quite frustrating.
The worst is, if the battle was Subs which catched an enemy battle fleet, but your Subs are retreating. You main fleet then *can* manually join, but they join in the retreated section of the battle, wasting fuel and without beeing able to join the frontline to attack.

The most reliabile option to engage enemies is to have a taskforce with very high spotting, set on never engage, patroling the sea. They will spot the enemy taskforce and silently follow them.
Have your own fleet in the seazone on strikeforce and always engage, and as soon as the enemy is complety spotted your fleet will use the automatic strike force setting and sail behind the enemy to try to catch and engage them.

Just hope your speed is enough, and your spotting taskforce doesn't get killed by naval strikes or something similar.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I've had some success switching my hope-to-be-interceptor fleet to Patrol.

Switching the fleet orders means the admiral AI is going to do all its usual calculations about where it needs TFs in all the zones it's been assigned to cover with that order. So a reassigned fleet might not head where you think.

A "just join the closest battle already" rule for Strike Forces would have its own problems; look for threads where people complain about a convoy tying up their entire fleet while some other fleet sneaks through.

Is there some kind of a penalty for occupation done by non-majors? Which was either introduced recently or hugely increased, as I don't recall capturing half of Germany's VP and getting same score as... Lithuania (we were both part of Miedzymorze). That's just nuts!

Which eventually results in this. As fun as it is, I don't think it's fair.

(I browsed through defines.lua and unsure I found anything accountable for this)

Is there some kind of a penalty for occupation done by non-majors? Which was either introduced recently or hugely increased, as I don't recall capturing half of Germany's VP and getting same score as... Lithuania (we were both part of Miedzymorze). That's just nuts!

Which eventually results in this. As fun as it is, I don't think it's fair.

(I browsed through defines.lua and unsure I found anything accountable for this)
Are you doing the push? From the screenshot, it looks like you have very limited presence on the front