Quick Questions/ Quick Answers - HoI4

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Where do i see if I got this. It's not under the national spirits.

picture = generic_intel_bonus is listed as the visible icon.

Look into the savegame; search for "home_of_the_revolution" ( this idea you have for sure) and scroll a little bit up and down to see your other ideas you actually have.

picture = generic_intel_bonus is listed as the visible icon.

It looks like this:
generic_intel_bonus.png

Thank you for your feedback but what's your point? You just retold the problem I am dealing with. In the case when conquering cities with naval designer companies, which warlord would declare war on China to gain the company? I have not seen warlords directly declaring war on China to replace it(her). The only way of struggle for leadership I've seen is through decision when gaining influence in provinces. No warlord can defeat China.

As far as suggestions thread is concerned I already tried doing a topic on different issues but no significant feedback has been given. There are tons of thread so why would anyone bother with mine? It is rare to receive any feedback at all.

@Pluto2006 ,

The point is that the game is working as designed (WAD). Consider that a player may wish to play as Shanxi or Xibei San Ma or any of the other warlords instead of China. Then that player can conquer the China provinces which would enable the additional naval design companies.

Regarding suggestions, almost none receive feedback. I have seen some excellent suggestions eventually incorporated into the game. However, I do not think that the rather small HOI4 team has enough staff to answer all of the suggestions and still have time to adopt all suggestions, improve the game, make bug fixes, and develop new content.

How do factories from occupied states work? It tells me I get x% of them, but what does that actually mean in practice?
If an occupied state for example has 8 military factories and you get 45% of them, you'd have 3.6 factories. The same calculation is done for all occupied states and the sum of those gets rounded to a whole number of factories at your disposal.

Reactions:
Do they get added to my total factories available, so I can control output, or do they do their own thing (I'm sure I read something which suggested that)?
They drop into your production lines as if you built them new.

Reactions:
Why can't I transfer troops to an enemy province I occupy? It wants to walk all the way around through a battlefield to get there instead of crossing the sea (and I have more than enough convoys). I invaded by sea but only 10 of my 21 divisions moved and the remaining 11 are standing there like lemons. So frustrating!

Why can't I transfer troops to an enemy province I occupy? It wants to walk all the way around through a battlefield to get there instead of crossing the sea (and I have more than enough convoys). I invaded by sea but only 10 of my 21 divisions moved and the remaining 11 are standing there like lemons. So frustrating!
You are limited to 10 divisions for naval invasions until you researched more advanced transport techs.

It's a FAQ. Search online for "hoi 4 move troops by sea", and you'll get plenty of correct answers.

You could read this thread for example: How do I transport troops overseas?

Short answer:
1. Select units "standing there like lemons"
2. Right-click on nearby province with port for departure
3. Shift + Right-click on destination port icon - not on the destination province!
4. Watch in amazement

Reactions:
It's a FAQ. Search online for "hoi 4 move troops by sea", and you'll get plenty of correct answers.

You could read this thread for example: How do I transport troops overseas?

Short answer:
1. Select units "standing there like lemons"
2. Right-click on nearby province with port for departure
3. Shift + Right-click on destination port icon - not on the destination province!
4. Watch in amazement

Thanks!

Does it matter how I arrange my battalions in the division designer?
No. The only restriction is that you can only put units of the same category (foot, motorized, armored) in the same column.

As the UK, there are a lot of decisions that appear when countries have capitulated which allow for increased legitimacy for exiled governments. These cost the UK PP (in the form of reduced daily PP gain) to take. What benefit does it get for doing so? The tooltip doesn't say.

Can anyone confirm if untrained naval units still in fact do suffer a malus for lack of training the way army and airforce units, or did they change that? Wondering if it is worthwhile to train uboats and ships first.

My game launcher says I'm playing 1.9.2 Husky (a73d). My main menu screen says I'm playing 1.9.2 Husky (bebf). What's the difference, and does it matter that they're different?

The launcher shows the installed vanilla checksum, the main screen includes mods.
For achievements, they must match or no achievements can be earned.
I don't do multi-player, but I think the checksum must match between players also.

Reactions:
As the UK, there are a lot of decisions that appear when countries have capitulated which allow for increased legitimacy for exiled governments. These cost the UK PP (in the form of reduced daily PP gain) to take. What benefit does it get for doing so? The tooltip doesn't say.
Once Legitimacy is above a certain threshold other decisions become available, such as expatriate donations (you gain 1 military and 1 civilian factory for a year for 25 PP) and joint exercises (you gain a bushel of army, navy and air XP for 25 command points).

Might not be worth it if you are still filling government slots or saving up for worker safety, but later in the game the options are nice. I for one will move heaven and earth for air XP.

Reactions: