• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

larienna

Second Lieutenant
3 Badges
Jul 1, 2012
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
I learned that Warlock 2 supported modding, but I did not know that W1 also suported modding. I was first thinking of buying warlock 2 to mod the game, but if I can do it with only W1 then, maybe I don't really need to. Here are my questions:

So I need W2 to mod W1?

Does W2 mod works with W1 mod or vice versa?

Does W2 tools are easier to use than W1 mods?

Does W2 modding offer more options than W1 modding?

Thank you

I learned that Warlock 2 supported modding, but I did not know that W1 also suported modding. I was first thinking of buying warlock 2 to mod the game, but if I can do it with only W1 then, maybe I don't really need to. Here are my questions:

So I need W2 to mod W1?

Does W2 mod works with W1 mod or vice versa?

Does W2 tools are easier to use than W1 mods?

Does W2 modding offer more options than W1 modding?

Thank you

1: No, you can get the tools needed here on the forum, I believe. Though I wouldn't say they are user friendly.

2: In the vast majority of cases, no. W1 mods were "installed" totally differently, though from what I can tell you can "install" mods the same way on W2. Though the workshop is far more convenient.

3: Yes, W2 has an in-game editor which allows for a large amount of simple mods to be done easily. And the complex ones that cannot be done through the editor still benefit from easy installation by users, thanks to the workshop.

4: As far as I know, technically there are not new things you can do, they are just far easier in W2.

If your interested in modding Warlock, I would recommend W2.