Quick questions about meso and south american religious reformation

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Pirroflamme

Recruit
Aug 3, 2021
Hello everybody,

I was wondering when you border multiple eligible nations (non-primitives which have adopted feodal institution), does the game pick one of them at random for your reformation or does it have a priority order or something ?

Also, Is there a limit on what government you can get with reformation ? Can you even get the special government reforms like prussian monarchy, tsardom or Mamluk Government should you manage to get a border with one of these countries ?

Solution
You get the government reforms of the country off which you reform. But AFAIK you don't get all of them. I think you don't get their newest one and maybe not the second to last one either. So if you do a console test in 1444 you won't become a steppe horde when reforming off a horde. But in a real game the horde will have some reforms and you will get the Steppe Horde reform.
But some reforms have conditions which you don't fulfill and then they are immediately lost. For example if you reform off a colonial nation, you will get their colonial government reform and be downgraded to duchy rank, but then immediately lose the reform. Some of the nation specific reforms(e.g. Mughal Diwan and Prussian monarchy) are tied to the tag and thus...
Hello everybody,

I was wondering when you border multiple eligible nations (non-primitives which have adopted feodal institution), does the game pick one of them at random for your reformation or does it have a priority order or something ?

Also, Is there a limit on what government you can get with reformation ? Can you even get the special government reforms like prussian monarchy, tsardom or Mamluk Government should you manage to get a border with one of these countries ?
As far as i know you only get the government type of the bordering nation, not their reforms. Am only 90% sure on that though.

The first question is very interesting indeed.

As far as i know you only get the government type of the bordering nation, not their reforms. Am only 90% sure on that though.
I am not sure about that. In his playthrough of ryukyu mayan step horde, Radio Res reformed Mayan religion and got all the reforms of DonghaÏ (except tier 4 for which he had to choose which one to take).
at 26:45 (December 2020),

Especially getting the step nomad Reform instead of a random tribal tier 1 reform puzzled me and lead me to the question above: can you get any special government that way ? Or is Steppe nomad considered a different government from tribal and thus the only exception ?

Last edited:
You get the government reforms of the country off which you reform. But AFAIK you don't get all of them. I think you don't get their newest one and maybe not the second to last one either. So if you do a console test in 1444 you won't become a steppe horde when reforming off a horde. But in a real game the horde will have some reforms and you will get the Steppe Horde reform.
But some reforms have conditions which you don't fulfill and then they are immediately lost. For example if you reform off a colonial nation, you will get their colonial government reform and be downgraded to duchy rank, but then immediately lose the reform. Some of the nation specific reforms(e.g. Mughal Diwan and Prussian monarchy) are tied to the tag and thus lost, but others (e.g. English Monarchy) are not.

Which nation is used to reform doesn't seem to be random. At least you can't just restart the game and get a different one. I did some tests recently, but I was unable to determine how the game decides which nation to use.

Reactions:
Solution