• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The danger to Soviet interests of the Japanese entry into the war against Manchukuo for the Allies was soon obvious. Their units that had been transiting back through Manchukuo under truce now became active belligerents – mostly as French expeditionary forces! It also built a ‘wall’ of impassable French-controlled provinces in the path of the Soviet units driving on Harbin.
Sneaky bastards!

And once again, the Soviets were shafted by the settlement, forced to surrender all the territory they had seized to that point, not even getting a consolation prize. [At this point it occurred to me that perhaps @Wraith11B had hacked into my game with one of his 18 spare computers and was running the French remotely, such was their ability to forestall my every move :D.]
GOD I AM SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW I think it wouldn't quench my anger even if there were unlimited nukes and you nuked every single allied province

Afghanistan was now left as the sole Axis member. And they were only at war with the Comintern.
I fear the frog-munchers will also find a way to claim them as their puppet

It increased from around 70 IC to 183.7 IC over night! This raised Soviet IC to a total of 514, from 400, at a time when supply demand was at all-time lows, upgrades were around 37 IC and consumer goods about 31 IC and reinforcement requirements minimal.
Maybe leave Afghanistan alone so that the lend lease doesn't end? At least until jet engine is discovered and all air wings upgraded to it?

The month ended with units making for their new defensive lines in the east and no new battles in Afghanistan.
Are there any nice neutral targets to puppet in the meanwhile? Sweden? Xibei San Ma?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I, for my part, must plead ignorance and say that I did not adjust the French forces at all. This is an annoying ploy of the game design that former enemies can be immediately turned out against their former allies.

Reactions:
What the game-engine taketh away (unfair peace) it also giveth (incredibly unjustifiable lend-lease from the US), so at least it is badly bugged both for and against the player. ;)

Reactions:
Then late on 14 July, a diplomatic cable from Paris to Moscow announced a development that changed everything in the east – again.

DPo9hB.jpg

15 July

The danger to Soviet interests of the Japanese entry into the war against Manchukuo for the Allies was soon obvious. Their units that had been transiting back through Manchukuo under truce now became active belligerents – mostly as French expeditionary forces! It also built a ‘wall’ of impassable French-controlled provinces in the path of the Soviet units driving on Harbin.
This is among the most dastardly things I've yet seen in this game. Frankly infuriating, but what can we do? :mad:

Espionage training was raised from 1.00 to 1.23 LS, at the expense of diplomacy, which was reduced from 10.32 to 10.10 LS (ten of those being used for foreign influence missions).
That many points in diplomacy instead of research offends my minimaxing eyes.

And once again, the Soviets were shafted by the settlement, forced to surrender all the territory they had seized to that point, not even getting a consolation prize. [At this point it occurred to me that perhaps @Wraith11B had hacked into my game with one of his 18 spare computers and was running the French remotely, such was their ability to forestall my every move :D.]
Somewhere in an alternate universe, El Pip complains about how the French can do no wrong and succeed brilliantly in the face of historical inadequacies at every turn. Wraith considers this and then puts out another sleek graphic to distract the masses. :p

[And I'm still wondering why, unlike say in Romania when the French got their slice, the Soviets don't get to keep any of the territory they seized when the peace came.]
I believe it has to do with the priorities of wargoals. Specifically the Puppet wargoal takes effect prior to the undeclared Conquer wargoal that is the default for a defender when a war is declared on a country.

I'm not sure why the French got anything out of Romania though. Again, this is definitely where I would be firing up the dev console to make things more sensible, though our authAAR has committed to not doing so.

29 July

The rapidly dwindling Axis lost another government-in-exile when Finland surrendered to the Soviet Union at 0200hr. They were given the unalloyed benefits of a Communist government and brought into the Comintern. At last, a small Soviet diplomatic victory!
It's something I suppose.

31 July

Afghanistan was now left as the sole Axis member. And they were only at war with the Comintern. This apparently led (rather ironically and/or humorously) to the US Government decided to give the USSR a massive boost in lend lease! It increased from around 70 IC to 183.7 IC over night! This raised Soviet IC to a total of 514, from 400, at a time when supply demand was at all-time lows, upgrades were around 37 IC and consumer goods about 31 IC and reinforcement requirements minimal.

A massive production program was therefore commenced, for as long the US was prepared to bankroll it. Three more divisions and a deployable heavy AA battery were started for the Army.
Bullfilter AARs and the United States bankrolling international Communism. Name a more iconic duo.

What the game-engine taketh away (unfair peace) it also giveth (incredibly unjustifiable lend-lease from the US), so at least it is badly bugged both for and against the player. ;)
And most importantly, it is always badly bugged in favor of readAAR entertainment! :D

• 1Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
My friends, another new (and nicely concise) chapter beckons, so herwith the consolidated comment feedback to help set the scene.
Sneaky bastards!

GOD I AM SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW I think it wouldn't quench my anger even if there were unlimited nukes and you nuked every single allied province
I would have been angrier if I hadn't already passed through the 'resigned acceptance' stage with the Japanese surrender. I know I wanted a touch gaming challenge with the set-up and AI-dominant approach I've adopted for this one, but two and a half years of bloody, grinding struggle getting gazzumped by the Allies like this does rather hurt, in an electronically metaphysical kind of way.

Though I must admit a fair degree of grudging admiration for the way my erstwhile French protoge has so thoroughly shafted me as the Soviets at every turn! I shudder to think what kind of stinking pile of rotting mincemeat they'll make of me when I actually try to attack them. Just remember, they now have a rearmed Germany, Italy and Japan on their side, plus all their original Allied minors, the puppeted ex-colonies and a good number of former Axis minors on their side. Oh, and a mighty France, the UK and the US. :eek: In the 'red' corner are 1.6 nukes and eight V1s :D
I fear the frog-munchers will also find a way to claim them as their puppet
It seems inevitable in one sense, but they are not at war with them (only with the Comintern) so I'm hoping Pakistan doesnt suddenly declare war and race in to take Kabul while I'm fighting through the Afghan army (which they had ten years of peace to build) on the northern border.
Maybe leave Afghanistan alone so that the lend lease doesn't end? At least until jet engine is discovered and all air wings upgraded to it?
I did think of this, but I want to RP this: and a Soviet war in Afghanistan could last forever anyway. Also, get them beat and puppeted so I can then think about the big Unthinkable Operation on the West. Even if I lose, I at least hope to have nuked Berlin before we go down in a blaze of glory.
Are there any nice neutral targets to puppet in the meanwhile? Sweden? Xibei San Ma?
I've trying the influence thing on the Chinese states, but if that doesn't work ... but I bet they'd join the Allies and I'd get rogered again, caught over the barrel as the French launch amphibious invasions, throw their best units (and there will be some good one) into Romania while the Germans blitzkrieg me with their doom-stacks in East Prussia.
Surrender mechanisms are a mess.
Yup. :rolleyes:
I, for my part, must plead ignorance and say that I did not adjust the French forces at all. This is an annoying ploy of the game design that former enemies can be immediately turned out against their former allies.
:D I believe you - many wouldn't ;)
:D It must be American guilt money for 1) Allied AI performing well, and 2) US angst at once again doing nowt of note and acting as a deputy to the French World Sherriff!
This is among the most dastardly things I've yet seen in this game. Frankly infuriating, but what can we do? :mad:
Agree. Laugh and/or cry are the main options. That, and plan a mad Strangelovean denouement including nukes, flying bombs and rockets reigning down on perfidious Allied puppet states. Before I am destroyed by the real Allies while they chuckle at my attack on their expendable proxies.
That many points in diplomacy instead of research offends my minimaxing eyes.
Normally me too. This is a bit of an experiment for me, a rarely try more than one or two diplomatic ploys of this type, if that. It may well prove a waste of time, but with so few adherents, I at least thought I'd try. And stop them joining the Allies too.
Somewhere in an alternate universe, El Pip complains about how the French can do no wrong and succeed brilliantly in the face of historical inadequacies at every turn. Wraith considers this and then puts out another sleek graphic to distract the masses. :p
For agme where they're traditionally regarded as badly nerfed at the start, and for which they've been under AI control for two and a half years, they've done pretty darn well, n'est pas?
I believe it has to do with the priorities of wargoals. Specifically the Puppet wargoal takes effect prior to the undeclared Conquer wargoal that is the default for a defender when a war is declared on a country.

I'm not sure why the French got anything out of Romania though. Again, this is definitely where I would be firing up the dev console to make things more sensible, though our authAAR has committed to not doing so.
o_O This sounds learned and plausible. But my simple explanation is the mechanics are rooted, in the Australian use of the term. :D
It's something I suppose.
Yes, a small morsel. Better than nowt. Not much, but a little.
Bullfilter AARs and the United States bankrolling international Communism. Name a more iconic duo.
There must be a meme for this, somewhere. :D
And most importantly, it is always badly bugged in favor of readAAR entertainment! :D
This is true. Whatever the Soviet equivalent for a Gotterdammerung is (some kind of Apocalypse, I suppose), it should be entertainingly horrendous.

All: next chapter up soon! Thanks for following and commenting. :)

Reactions:
Chapter 30 – August 1946
Chapter 30 – August 1946

Foreword

By the end of July 1946, the last small vestige of WW2 was being fought between the Comintern and Afghanistan, the most recent country to join the Axis – and its last member. The Allies were now at peace.

1 August

Early August saw stasis on the Afghan front, while Soviet units withdrew to pre-war borders in the Far East after Manchukuo was forced into the Allies as a French puppet. The Soviets had completed about 30% of their second atomic bomb. For now, two of these was considered the absolute minimum they would need to try to knock Germany and Japan out of the Allied United Nations in a possible WW3. But an incentive for peace for now was the massive lend-lease aid the US was sending, allowing a significant build-up of the Soviet armed forces, coupled with rapidly reducing supply demand.

The latest surplus IC was used to create another ‘heavy’ infantry division.

qAcGGx.jpg

A change of missions was ordered for the Soviet agents still in (Allied) Manchukuo and Japan, where the latter in particular was now awash with Allied agents, who were doing most of the counter-espionage work for the Japanese.

Nv23U7.jpg

3 August

In a development that bemused Stalin, Nationalist China decided to liberate Communist China as a free state.

qldMh4.jpg

No doubt as both were Allied governments, but in RL? Never!

That afternoon, more surplus IC was invested in new STRAT and CAS wings.

honpXK.jpg

5 August

A new heavy infantry division, with a guards brigade and heavy tanks, was deployed to the Afghan border. Most of these went to the Western border, but the Caucasus Theatre was deemed to need a little more punch. It may be required later, if not against Afghanistan, then against Allied puppet governments in Pakistan of the Middle East.

zAlzSP.jpg

6 August

The loss of agents in Manchukuo and the pointlessness of sending more, as the Allied governments began to swamp the Soviet mission there too, led to the reinforcement priority being zeroed. The efforts of the remaining agents were diverted to developing covert operations cells.

That night, Afghan militia seized the unoccupied Mukry. To say Stalin was getting a bit impatient at these affronts and lack of action to take the fight into Afghanistan was a significant understatement. He began readying a cohort of political commissars to put a bit of steel into the commanders there.

MHNROH.jpg

7 August

Two Soviet agents were neutralised in Japan by Allied operatives in a single day, making four in the first week of the month. This loss rate was deemed unsustainable, so the remaining agents ordered to solely focus on stealing more Japanese technology before they were eliminated. No more would be sent.

8 August

Finland announced it had begun to mobilise: old Field Marshal Mannerheim set up a new Theatre HQ as the first step.

eNCFv5.jpg

9 August

New bombs were developed for the STRAT force, with air research efforts switched next to medium navigation radars.

J1CT01.jpg

10 August

At 1100hr, the 1st Guards Division launched an attack to retake Mukry. This would succeed by 12 August, with the Soviets taking 70 casualties, the Afghan militia suffering 397.

11 August

Another development for the VVS saw training improved for TAC ground crew, with the doctrine writers moving onto NAV pilot training.

eAdBpX.jpg

By that time, supply production had been cut back to zero, and the stockpile was still at 100% and producing a small surplus most days. There were now eight V1 flying bombs awaiting deployment, but they remained held in reserve.

[Question: Is there any point deploying them before they are used – I presume they just fly and then destroy themselves when they hit the target: or can they be shot down along the way? Would lack of organisation make any difference to that?]

13 August

Submarine hull development took another step forward and was now almost up to contemporary standards. Research would nonetheless continue to the next level.

7KEPYf.jpg

18 August

Just when Stalin was reaching boiling point at the tardiness of the Theatre Commander to take any positive action against Afghanistan, a three-division attack (one INF and two GAR divs) was launched on the Afghan border province of Feyzabad (two provinces north-west of Kabul) against the regular Afghan Faizabad Infantry Division at 2000 hr. This battle would be the largest and longest of the month, taking a week to resolve.

19 August

The Soviet border province of Mukry was liberated at 0300hr, redressing its earlier brief seizure by the Afghan Fascists. This was followed two hours later by an attack on Afghan militia positions in Mardian. At last, the Soviets commanders were getting into gear. The battle went for three days, ending in Soviet victory early on 22 August (101 Soviet, 424 Afghan casualties).

21-24 August

The three Western border radar stations were upgraded again and the works continued to the next.

mAMPWh.jpg

More spare IC became available over the next few days as the unit upgrade bill reduced significantly, allowing four new projects to be commenced.

UrFEDt.jpg

25 August

As the Soviet overseas espionage footprint was reduced, spy training was halved and the freed leadership effort shifted to officer training (capacity currently at 119%, but with many new divisions in production).

oGzt30.jpg

Victory was won in Feyzabad at 1000 hr after a tough seven day fight (Soviets 779/24,989 troops killed, Afghanistan 1,023/7,996).

26 August

Invasion tactics were once again advanced; there was a good chance they may still come in handy in the Far East, should war with Japan once again break out. But radars for the Soviets’ small ships would be developed next – an area that had been ignored until now. At least this equipment could be retrofitted to the older small ship classes of the primitive Soviet Navy.

z2She6.jpg

27 August

At 2300 hr, Stalin finally got some news he felt showed the start of material progress, with the fall of Mardian to Soviet troops.

nmws2b.jpg

A series of Soviet probes would be launched on the Herat Cavalry Division in Khanabad over the next few days – none of which would succeed. The first saw garrison troops attacking that night, losing seven men to zero before it was called off after three hours.

To the west of Mardian, the 28th Mountain Division began an attack on Afghan militia in Seberghan, also at 2300 hr. The fight would be won by 1400hr the following day (Soviets 30 killed, Afghans 175).

As no air power had been able to be fielded yet due to a lack of airfields in range, one was built in Stalinabad. Apart from the name, this province was at the end of the best line of infrastructure in the region. Maybe the Theatre Commander would choose to relocate some wings there to help with a tough fight on difficult terrain. If not, at least the region now had an airfield.

XNKekW.jpg

28 August

The radar station that had been held in reserve was deployed to the restored naval base of Vladivostok.

qKJFVG.jpg

The flurry of Soviet attacks continued at 0200hr, with a blitzing assault on the Afghan regular Herat Infantry Division in Qal 'eh ye Now (east of Herat) by 9 Tank and 19 Rifle Divisions. This battle would be won that afternoon at 1400 hr (44 Soviet, 201 Afghan troops killed), just as victory was being declared in Sheberghan.

But another probe on Khanabad was quickly lost at 1800 hr with the same troops involved (three Soviet, no Afghan casualties).

29 August

More free IC was used to begin building a new radar station and merchantmen at midday.

k176vl.jpg

At 1900 hr, 152 Garrison Div attacked the Herat Cavalry in Khanabad for a third time in as many days – and once again failed to cause any Afghan casualties (Soviets 15 killed). This clearly wasn’t going to work – how long would it take the local Soviet commander to realise this?

30 August

Another NAV wing was queued that morning.

l1jyk3.jpg

At 1700 hr, 9 Tank Division turned its attention to Herat itself, attacking the Jalalabad Militia Division. They would be no push-overs though, with the battle still going at the end of the month.

31 August

152 Garrison Div attacked Khanabad for a fourth time at 1400 hr – they were nothing if not persistent. This time they lasted for five hours, losing 22 men but finally drawing blood against the Afghans, killing five of them before breaking off their attack yet again.

Monthly Afghanistan Campaign Summary

In August, after a slow start the Soviets had begun attacks across the northern border of Afghanistan from Herat to Feyzabad and had begun making some inroads towards the two key Afghan cities. Compared to the Far East, casualties were very light, of course, though the battle for Feyzabad had been a serious one. No air units had yet been deployed to support ground operations.

cLudnZ.jpg

Peacetime Theatre Summaries

In the Far East, many Soviet divisions were still making their way back to home territory after the Manchurian surrender the month before. Some Japanese units were travelling to southern Sakhalin via Okha – all allowed under the surrender terms. To great Soviet frustration.

kLksdL.jpg

In the West, it was doom-stacks at ten paces along the most heavily militarised border in the world.

0b4ah8.jpg

The Polish border was far less solidly manned by the Allies – with most of the ‘Polish’ forces being (rather ironically) German expeditionary forces. Including a former SS division!

xlQty3.jpg

In Slovakia and Hungary, their own and a mixture of many other Allied EFs (including an Australian division) could be seen.

i63vEy.jpg

And Romania was a truly dystopian patchwork of French occupation zones and many Allied EFs, with a big Hungarian wedge in the middle and a seemingly large Yugoslavian Army lurking to the rear. If it ever came to blows here, it would be madness.

y2cH3i.jpg

And in the far north, the Norwegians had massed a large force on the northern border of Finland. Sweden remained neutral, but the border was still guarded.

Ykavr3.jpg

Other Monthly Reports

On the diplomatic front, the Soviet influence program continued in Spain and Turkey, while the three remaining unaligned Chinese warlord states were gradually drifting towards the Comintern sphere at Soviet urging.

It was also noticed that Persia had not joined the war with Afghanistan – they hadn’t been asked! Calls to arms were also sent to Romania and recent Comintern entrant Finland, to encourage wartime efforts in those countries - not because any contribution was expected.

As ever, the biggest threat to the Soviet Union was assessed to come from Germany – the eternal enemy!

VD14BT.jpg

Foreign spy efforts in the Soviet Union were either easing – or not as many were being caught, with 27 neutralised during the month (including those by their overseas missions in Japan, Turkey and Spain). The Japanese mission was now over, with all the spies lost during the month - taken by Allied (not Japanese) agents, as had been the six lost in Manchukuo. The two former Axis nations had become a graveyard for Soviet spies. The political support missions in Spain and Turkey still made no headway at all – in fact Spain had regressed again.

OXAXk1.jpg

The Soviet quest for strategic weapons continued at a slow but steady pace. As at midnight on 1 September, the second Soviet nuclear weapon was 60% complete. There were eight V1s in the stockpile waiting to be deployed, while October would bring the development of the first strategic rocket prototype.

VIKCyt.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions:
it's going to be one long tough difficult war against the allies, and not manually controlling the division means many visible pocket opportunities would probably be missed by the AI generals. it's exciting already! How long until jet research is complete?

really a herculean task man, I admire your resolve!

• 1Like
Reactions:
I remain impressed at your rate of output, seeing as I have to work hard enough as it is to maintain one AAR for one game while you put out multiple AAR updates on a weekly basis. :eek:

The latest surplus IC was used to create another ‘heavy’ infantry division.

qAcGGx.jpg

Thinking about "infantry" divisions has me wondering - how badly-off is French manpower? To say nothing of Germany? The war in the West may not be as unwinnable as it seems, if the Allies cannot reinforce their divisions before they shatter.

That night, Afghan militia seized the unoccupied Mukry. To say Stalin was getting a bit impatient at these affronts and lack of action to take the fight into Afghanistan was a significant understatement. He began readying a cohort of political commissars to put a bit of steel into the commanders there.
One would hope the Soviet commissars develop the mysterious metallurgical technology to use lead instead, which is far more efficient.

The radar station that had been held in reserve was deployed to the restored naval base of Vladivostok.
I'm still shocked that the French let us abscond with that, frankly.

And Romania was a truly dystopian patchwork of French occupation zones and many Allied EFs, with a big Hungarian wedge in the middle and a seemingly large Yugoslavian Army lurking to the rear. If it ever came to blows here, it would be madness.

y2cH3i.jpg

Usually for this level of border gore we must play Crusader Kings. Absolutely disgusting, but hopefully this goes in our favor as the French look a bit vulnerable here.

As ever, the biggest threat to the Soviet Union was assessed to come from Germany – the eternal enemy!
So always has it been, so always shall it be, verily and indeed, Amen.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Regarding the cruise missiles and ballistic missiles: the cruise missiles can be intercepted, but not super efficiently. They are destroyed upon use. Ballistic missiles can trigger the intercept mission, but almost never take damage. They are destroyed upon use as well.

Far as I have figured, it does make sense to allow their organization to develop; here again we see a slight benefit to HOI4 with how those units are treated (as individual expendable items and not whole units). I wouldn't use V1s without their organization up, but I never tried to use them without it.

Reactions:
I'm trying not to comment on these, because it's old hat. But I believe the bottom image is Paradox claiming that a Ju-87 Stuka is, in fact, a Su-7 jet bomber. If true that is a new low even for them.

[Question: Is there any point deploying them before they are used – I presume they just fly and then destroy themselves when they hit the target: or can they be shot down along the way? Would lack of organisation make any difference to that?]
I know there is a bug whereby ships in the deployment area use full fuel/supplies. I think it also applies to land and air units, so there should/may be a saving in them if you deploy the units.

EDIT: A quick bit of *!SCIENCE!* reveals that this is not the case and air units in the deployment area do not use any fuel or supplies. So you can ignore that bit.

One would hope the Soviet commissars develop the mysterious metallurgical technology to use lead instead, which is far more efficient.
You misunderstand comrade. The commissars will not waste bullets on these traitors, instead they will use the steel of their bayonets to stab them to death.

I say steel, it appears to be a metal and there is probably some iron it, but in truth who knows what mysteries emerge from the factories of the motherland?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
it's going to be one long tough difficult war against the allies, and not manually controlling the division means many visible pocket opportunities would probably be missed by the AI generals. it's exciting already! How long until jet research is complete?

really a herculean task man, I admire your resolve!
It will be tough, but may not be too long ... I think there’s a fair chance we’ll be crushed, in a three-four front war against all the other major and regional powers. But if it’s to happen, then it’s the nuclear blaze of glory for us!
I remain impressed at your rate of output, seeing as I have to work hard enough as it is to maintain one AAR for one game while you put out multiple AAR updates on a weekly basis. :eek:
Thanks! I managed to update all four AARs in about a week this time, mas im now away for a week and won’t be back till next Sunday. This one was a bit quicker as not as much happened as had been the case while the war in the Far East was going. If it comes to WW3, the battle/campaign reporting will have to get a lot more general to fit a month into each update. o_O
Thinking about "infantry" divisions has me wondering - how badly-off is French manpower? To say nothing of Germany? The war in the West may not be as unwinnable as it seems, if the Allies cannot reinforce their divisions before they shatter.
Not sure and I don’t really want to tag, but it should be pretty good, as they (and the rest of the Allues) haven’t been taking too many casualties over the last couple of years and they were already the big winners of the war.
Well, that too, but steel was basically directed at their spines - and a play on their Glorious Leader’s name.
I'm still shocked that the French let us abscond with that, frankly.
Yes, I’m surprised the peace treaty with Japan didn’t include all of the USSR east of the Urals as well! :mad:
Usually for this level of border gore we must play Crusader Kings. Absolutely disgusting, but hopefully this goes in our favor as the French look a bit vulnerable here.
Very true. Let’s hope, but there are so many major and minor Allies that we could well be overwhelmed. And the AI may not do an optimal job of closing off pockets.
So always has it been, so always shall it be, verily and indeed, Amen.
Till the end of time. ;)
The AI in the west can't fail with that many divisions!!!
I fear you are right. Especially if we are fighting a 3-4 front war against the massed Allies.
Regarding the cruise missiles and ballistic missiles: the cruise missiles can be intercepted, but not super efficiently. They are destroyed upon use. Ballistic missiles can trigger the intercept mission, but almost never take damage. They are destroyed upon use as well.

Far as I have figured, it does make sense to allow their organization to develop; here again we see a slight benefit to HOI4 with how those units are treated (as individual expendable items and not whole units). I wouldn't use V1s without their organization up, but I never tried to use them without it.
Ok, I’ll deploy them next time I get the chance.
I'm trying not to comment on these, because it's old hat. But I believe the bottom image is Paradox claiming that a Ju-87 Stuka is, in fact, a Su-7 jet bomber. If true that is a new low even for them.
They use the same image for most CAS, it seems. :rolleyes:
I know there is a bug whereby ships in the deployment area use full fuel/supplies. I think it also applies to land and air units, so there should/may be a saving in them if you deploy the units.

EDIT: A quick bit of *!SCIENCE!* reveals that this is not the case and air units in the deployment area do not use any fuel or supplies. So you can ignore that bit.
Ok, thanks for conducting the experiment. :)
You misunderstand comrade. The commissars will not waste bullets on these traitors, instead they will use the steel of their bayonets to stab them to death.

I say steel, it appears to be a metal and there is probably some iron it, but in truth who knows what mysteries emerge from the factories of the motherland?
All true, but per above I was manly riffing off Stalin’s name. ;)
Especially when it's getting close to quota time and the quota is looking iffy.
Indeed.

This looks really cool! I'm still catching up, but this looks like a really hard game. I seem to remember somebody taking post-Bitter Peace SU and winning, but this might be even harder.

• 1Love
Reactions:
This looks really cool! I'm still catching up, but this looks like a really hard game. I seem to remember somebody taking post-Bitter Peace SU and winning, but this might be even harder.
Thanks for signing up and commenting! It has certainly proved a challenging situation and has become even more so as the game has gone on. Feel free (but not obliged) to comment or ask questions on earlier episodes and I’ll reply separately, so as to avoid spoilers. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
It seems to be that with these underhand peace treaties the Allies have merely written the declaration of war that results in their inevitable defeat. The people will never forget this betrayal!

Reactions:
It seems to be that with these underhand peace treaties the Allies have merely written the declaration of war that results in their inevitable defeat. The people will never forget this betrayal!
This is the true spirit of the revolutionary struggle! Even though the faint hearted may fear the Pipian fate of an inevitable defeat could be what the USSR would encounter if it tried it on. Onwards to victory! Huzzah! ( :eek: o_O )

Reactions:
Just caught up on this, and I can't believe how bad those peace treaties went for you. It really is shaping up to be the Soviets against the world!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Just caught up on this, and I can't believe how bad those peace treaties went for you. It really is shaping up to be the Soviets against the world!
Yes, one after another they’ve been a shocker. Manchukuo was particularly galling.

• 1Like
Reactions: